11 | Memories

= The Thief & The Lawyer =
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

❝11 | Memories
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   "I don't trust words, I trust actions...."  "I forgive but don't forget, because I never want to be hurt twice..."

[Dongwoon POV] (seven years old)

I'm at a marketplace, buying groceries with my mom. Suddenly I notice a loud scram. I look at my mum  with wide eyes, but she seems to be busy negotiating with the vendor on the price of the vegetables. A few people are running past us. I look around and see that many people have gathered at the center of the marketplace. Since I've always been curious about everything, I want to find out what's happening. I press forward to get to the root of the commotion. There is an old guy laying on the floor, motionless. Everyone is staring at him but nobody bothers to help him. Mom has always told me to show respect to elders and people who are death. I take slow steps to get closer to the old man and delicately closed his eyes with my hands as I knet down. With that, I clasped my hands together and whisper a short prayer adressed tp him, staying in this position for a few seconds. "Adeul!! What are you doing?" A shrill scream rang trough the crowd and I could distinguish it as my mother. She strongly grabs my arm and pulls me out of the crowd. "Why did you do that?" She questioned as she takes me farther and farther away, walking in a pace that it felt like she was running. I took a last look back to the crowd, trying to understand what just happened, and to figure out what would happen next.  

It will be a memory which I will never ever forget... 

...

I'm swaying...I can see lights that are surging past me. "W-where am I?" A blazing light is getting closer and closer...I shut my eyes tightly...

...

"Ah!....It hurts...!" As I open my eyes I can see that I'm laying on the ground. Hits are raining on me again and again and I notice that it's my father. Soon after he lifts me up so that I'm leaning against the wall, there was barely enough strength in my legs to be standing up. He is looking straight into my eyes...I can't rate his expression...the only thing I can make out is that his face that is full of sweat. He is breathing heavily...then he raises his hand to hit me again...I closed my eyes waiting for the hit to come, but nothing happened...I open my eyes. I can't believe it...My father....he is crying... "Dongwoon" I hear a voice in my head...I want to hug him but I can't reach him... "Dongwoon..!" 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Dongwoon!" I open my eyes...I'm wrapped in Doojoon's arm's, my head is pounding in pain. "Finally...you woke up!" Doojoon slides his arms under mine to support me getting up. I turn and look around, noticing that it's dark with only a few streetlights shining down the road. We silently walk for a while until my question breaks the silence, "W-what...happened?" "That's what I should ask you. You left all of the sudden,I searched  everywhere until I've finally found you. You lay in the middle of the steet. Who knows what could have happened?" Doojoon reprimanded. 

My head is still aching...why have I seen all these things? I thought that I would have already forgotten abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter