Phase 1-3

disconnected

Phase 1-3: Spring's Playground

 

After the lunch-time is the most hectic time for this one, after Lavender House's busy time, here comes the turn for this one to be busy. Mostly, it’ll be filled by the children and the couples because this one is a big playground for everyone who takes almost half of ground of Wonderland only to accommodate the big playground. It’s called as Spring’s Playground. Everytime the guests come here, there is a board sign on the entrance gate which sounds pretty unique and intriguing.

Welcome to the sweetheart of our First Wonderland: Spring’s Playground.

Maybe you think that this one was opened at spring season, later than the others who open at the early year, together with the Wonderland when winter almost done? Is it because it’s called ‘Spring’s Playground’?

No, no. It’s a no.

This playground is truly dedicated for someone whom I called with Spring. She’s truly beautiful like the sakura that blooms in spring. She’s cute and humble, but one thing makes her uncomplete: happiness.

I dedicate this playground for her.

I wish happiness be with her always.

Nobody really knows who ‘spring’ is because even they ask the staffs; nobody has ‘spring’ as their name. It isn’t a challenge, but the guests feel intrigued to solve it. It feels like riddle eventhough the staffs always say that it isn’t a riddle at all. It’s only a thankful letter to someone from the owner of this Wonderland.

There are a lot of attractions here like roller coaster, haunted house, and a lot. The place becomes more special with the appearance of a lot of flowers that always spreading nice smells for anyone who passes them. Every guest who comes to this place thinks that ‘spring’ is really special to the owner until the owner decorates the place prettily.

Thanks to the managers, like the other department, they’re managing this place and one of them is a true flower-freak. He loves flower a lot and he is even look like a blooming flower, or maybe, prettier than a flower? “Good afternoon to you who is even prettier than a flower,” greets a girl to that manager. She’s giggling after greeted him because he smiles back to her. The girls can melt in happiness only because of him and the mothers want him to be their son or their daughter’s husband. He is nice and friendly, futhermore, extremely good looking.

He is Jinwoo who goes by the nickname of The Young. He is always looking fresh, fine, and innocent like freshman. He is the head manager, but most of his time is used for taking care of those flowers and walking around the playground to check them. Maybe he got that nickname because his free spirit who is still alive likes the one in young kids.

The other manager is also as free as Jinwoo, but he prefers to take care of the attractions rather than the flowers around the playground. With his hat and sneakers, he is looking casual like the guests, maybe without the small writings that are sewed on his hat: ‘Seunghoon, a manager like Jinwoo’, he will always look like guests. His name is Seunghoon, who spends his time with walking around the playground and makes freestyle rapping when he’s extremely free. He also goes by the nickname of The Box.

“What are we going to do today?” said Seunghoon as he sees around.

Playground takes the biggest space in Wonderland, but unexpectedly, it doesn’t need much effort to see and check around for the managers. Well, they’re helped by numerous staffs. No wonder why Jinwoo and Seunghoon are really free.

“Seunghoon!” calls Jinwoo from afar while waving his hand. “Is there any problem, Jinwoo?” answers Seunghoon. He hurriedly goes to him.

“Can we replace them with the new ones that have been bloomed behind our office?” asks Jinwoo while lifting two pots of Lilies that are dying already. “Up to you, young man!” said Seunghoon as he pats Jinwoo’s shoulder. He doesn’t really know how to take care of flowers, Jinwoo knows better than him. He only loves to see them blooming well and furthermore, how they can smell good everytime. “You should start to be able to decide something, Seunghoon,”

“Why should I? I can decide for the other things, but for flowers, it’s all up to you,”

Jinwoo giggles. “Alright, alright, I understand it. I won’t say it again,”

“I’m going,” said Seunghoon as he leaves Jinwoo cooly. He puts his left hand in the pocket and turns his back to him while waving with the other hand to say goodbye. 

“Mom! Mom! My balloon is flying away! Mom!”

Right when Jinwoo wants to go to the office, he hears a voice of a little boy from the opposite direction. He puts the pot back to the place and goes ahead to the boy instead. “Where is your balloon, little boy?” asks Jinwoo loudly. “It’s flying!” said the little boy who’s still running to reach the balloon that is going so fast, following the direction of the wind. “Hurry, Jinwoo! Hurry!” screams Seunghoon from afar. It seems like he also listens the boy’s voice.

Jinwoo and Seunghoon are running to reach the balloon that is flying as fast as the wind. The wind is somehow tricky for them like it knows that they may able to reach it easily, so the wind is changing direction and pushing the balloon away to the Merry-Go-Round. “The balloon is like you, Jinwoo!” said Seunghoon even he’s panting and panting, wanting to breathe normally. Jinwoo’s eyes widened, “Why?!”

“Tricky and silently— annoying!”

They're running to the Merry-Go-Round and seeing that the balloon is stuck between the wooden horse ornaments of the Merry-Go-Round’s roof.  Without second thinking, the duo directly jumps the fence to pass it. “It’s easy!” Seunghoon jumps—

But it doesn’t even touch the rope.

“Let me try,” Jinwoo also jumps—

And it’s also the same.

“Lift me, Seunghoon!” said Jinwoo. “Why should I lift you? I get it already,” said Seunghoon. He only needs to jump straightly and right to the point. “Aish. You should have told me!”

Then the duo returns to the little boy to return his balloon. The little boy has patiently waited them with the balloon on their hands. His mom said thank you and so did the little boy.

Until the closing time, Seunghoon and Jinwoo are still like usual: do nothing. The cleanup is done by the staffs because they only need to control them. It’s a privilege for them from the owner because they work in a wide place, but as the payment from them to the owner, they should keep their eyes everywhere. It’s not easy at all even it seems like they are really free.

“Are we free tonight?” asks Seunghoon as he sips a can of cold soda. “We are free. We are free. We are free!” Jinwoo laughs. They’re sitting on a bench with the warm sunset shines over them. “Let’s have a good sleep without any worry,”

“After dinner~” said Seunghoon again. “After dinner,”

Like The Honored and The Cherished, these two are lucky too…

 

{phase 1-3 : finished}

and here we go with the second team and the third team of the wonderland: lay-chen and jinwoo-seunghoon. pretty good choice, huh? anyway, sorry for a really late update because i'm really busy with school nowadays, but well, please looking forward for the next chapter! (and keep guessing who will be the one who got the 'overnight schedule' to accompany joonie~)  i will introduce the next and the last team of the Petals soon~ goodbye<3 -tenebriae