Mark | I Got You

GOT7 One-Shots and Scenarios

“AAAAAHHHHHH!!” I screamed both in frustration and embarrassment after I made sure I was out of earshot of the many people surrounding us in the café awhile ago. “What the hell did I just do?"

So you’re probably wondering what the hell is wrong with this girl, who was currently looking like the biggest and brightest tomato in the world, and that if she might not be right in the head because how the hell would you explain the sudden screaming in the middle of one of the busiest streets in Seoul? Well, ladies and gentlemen, the reason is that this girl right here just suddenly thought it would be the most brilliant idea to invite her childhood male best friend out to drink coffee and then just suddenly slap her long-time feelings for him right in his face.

Oh no, I did not just do that, I cried on the inside. You’re so ing smart, Y/N!

 

FLASHBACK

“Hey Mark!” I called out to my best friend passing by the crowded hallway as I walked out of my classroom.

He looked over and when he saw it was me, stopped and flashed that beautiful smile of his. He went over, did our signature high-five and said, “What’s up, Y/N?”

“Are you free later this afternoon?” I asked. “I’m gonna go to the mall to buy something and maybe after we can go get some coffee?”

“Hmm, sure thing,” he said thoughtfully. “I don’t think we have basketball practice later anyway. Same time, same place?”

“Yup,” I said cheerfully.

“Okay then, I’ll see you later.”

We said our goodbyes as we each went to our next class, only just noticing that all the while my heart was beating faster than normal. He always seemed to be having that effect on me again these days.  

~After Class~

I went to the mall first and bought the things I needed before I go to see Mark. I wanted him to come with me but I didn’t want other people to take it the wrong way cause you know, I was shopping for personal things and that’d be weird.

Mark has been my best friend for as long as I could remember. He was there not only during my happiest moments but he was also there during the times when I couldn’t take all of the life was throwing at me any longer. He comforted me when my mom passed away and he defended me when I was bullied and protected me when guys hit on me inappropriately. You could say that he has already become like the older brother I never had. The only difference is that of course he was much more fun to hang around with than what I imagine a strict older brother would be.

So when I started getting these strange fluttery feelings in my chest whenever I was around him, I panicked. For one whole week, I didn’t show my face around him but then I came to my senses and thought firmly that I never wanted our friendship to break. It was the only thing keeping me on my feet and keeping my head straight. So I packed all of these feelings into one tiny box and hid it in the deepest corners of my heart. Lately though, these stupid feelings have been creeping back out but I was firm in not letting them show in any which way.

Now, here I am walking to the café to meet and spend the afternoon with my best friend and fixed on my resolve to make this friendship work and not fall apart. Until we sat down and everything started spiraling downward.

I don’t know how it happened. Or what went through my stupid mind that made me say those words, I like you and You got meYes, I know, those words were cheesy and cliché as but those were what came out of my big mouth.

Anyway, I don’t know what exactly made me say that; but all I know was that one minute, we were laughing loudly over a stupid story Mark was narrating during one of their basketball practices and then the next minute, I was saying I think I might really love you. It was silent for a whole minute as we stared at each other; me checking what kind of person or thing said those words and then upon realizing it was me, eyes going wide and strange, stuttering sounds were coming out of my mouth. And Mark, poor Mark just sat there, shock clearly written all over his handsome face.

I tried salvaging the situation and the words that came next were: I-I mean I think I like y-you. Then upon realizing what I just said again, I decided to just come clean and say all the things I wanted to say all along.

“Mark, I-I know this is sudden for you, but all this time we were together, the moments we made with each other, I think it made me realize just how important you are to me. I mean not just important as a friend but you know..” a big, shaky laugh and then, “ Look, what I mean to say is that I think I like you. Maybe even love you. More than a best friend. And I know you don’t feel the same way and you might want to reject me right this minute and I understand if you will because duh I mean clearly, you are the only sane person between us here and I want to say I’m sorry but you got me. You got this big hold of my heart and I don’t know how to take myself away from that grip without ripping myself apart.”

I know I was babbling but I couldn’t help it. All these words just came rushing out of my mouth and I can see Mark actually trying to interrupt me by saying my name and I knew he was about to say something. But I didn’t want to hear any of it because I was scared so the only thing I did.. I ran away. I bolted up my chair, stuttered another apology and a goodbye and just ran out of the cafe like I have I never ran before.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

So.. Here I am now walking down the snowy and icy sidewalks of Seoul looking and feeling like a totally lost moron with tears falling down my face and snot dripping out of my nose.

Stupid, stupid, I kept muttering to myself, wiping away my tears. I can’t believe I broke down just like that in front of him. I mean what the hell was I thinking?! That he would suddenly reciprocate these feelings I have?

I let out a long sigh, looked up to the sky, and the tears started coming out again as I thought this might really be the end of our friendship. No way in hell would Mark continue hanging out with me after that confession.

Now that I look back on what happened, the only thoughts that went through my head at that moment was how amazing his laughter sounded like, how his lips curved upward into that beautiful smile of his, and how his eyes sparkled like a thousand stars in the night sky, pure happiness radiating out of him. And it was then that I realized that I love this man and I want to continue to be the one making him happy like that. I guess I got carried away and just said the words that were on my mind. Damn it, I thought I had it under control. Guess not.

 

Mark’s POV

I can only sit there on my seat, shock mixing with feelings of elation as Y/N ran out of the café. I wanted to call out for her, ask her to stay, and that no, she’s wrong, that she got a hold of my heart just as or maybe even tighter than I had on hers. I wanted to run to her and hug her so tight and tell her how happy I am to find out she has these feelings for me too.

I don’t really know when I started liking Y/N as more than a friend. Maybe it was that time when she started going to all of my basketball games and cheered me on the sidelines like no one ever had before. Or maybe it was that time she called me in the middle of the night, crying like her heart is going to break when her mom’s sickness started to get worse, or maybe it was even that very first moment she came into my life with smiles and sunshine with just the right amount of spunk and sassiness.

All I know was that I started wanting to protect her from all the bad things in the world and if that means putting aside my feelings just so I can continue staying by her side, then so be it. And I was doing a pretty good job in it until we sat there on that quaint, little café, her laughter like music to my ears, eyes looking like molten gold in the sunlight and bright with joy and light and I thought screw it, I love her.

End of Mark’s POV

 

It was going to get dark soon and I had to go home but I didn’t want to go just yet and face the reality of going to school tomorrow. So I was still walking on the cold streets with a dazed expression on my face when I lost my footing and I slipped on the icy ground.

I felt like time was moving slowly, arms flailing in order to keep balance, feet going upward and I was readying myself for the burning pain that is sure to come resulting from my being smacked on the ground when suddenly I felt strong arms surround my waist, keeping me upright and steady.

 

And as the sun started to set with the beautiful ocean behind us, bathing both of us, and our hair, especially his hair (God, how I’d love to run my hands through that hair) in soft copper, bronze, and gold lights, I looked up to see those warm, caramel brown eyes inches from my face and that deep, husky voice saying, “Don’t worry, I got you.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Aaaaghhh this was so cheesy! Lol but I love it more than the first one and I was grinning from ear to ear while writing. And it was definitely shorter than the first, eh?

So what do you think? :P

Your comments would make me a lot more motivated. Thank you guys! <3 

--- Angeli XX