I.

Silence Romance

Leo-ya… say ah~~” Holding out a spoon of ice cream near your lover’s mouth, you pulled out a cute smile as you did so.

You and the guy beside you named Jung Taekwoon, or as known as ‘Leo’, have been dating for two years now. There’s no doubt that it was always you who started the conversation first between the two of you. There’s no other reason; it was because your boyfriend was born to be quiet. He doesn’t like to talk or smile—exactly like a living robot with a special ability to draw breaths. You knew it better than anyone else that having a gorgeous boyfriend like Leo was indeed a gift, but unfortunately, he is way too soundless.

Staring at you with an indifferent facial expression, he didn’t even bother to catch the spoon hanging near his mouth but continued to eat his own ice cream instead, like nothing happened. Knowing that he was ignoring you—as always—you sighed and shoved back the spoon inside your own mouth.

You stared at your beloved man and examined his flawless face. How his brown orbs never fail to mesmerize you, his cute nose and chubby cheeks that always turns you crazy, his ears that connected to his sharp jaws that keep resulting you to blush madly, and finally your eyes landed on his plump lips that make your heart thumping uncontrollably inside your lungs.

Oh God… Are you sure you are a human, Jung Leo?

As you keep staring at his lips, Leo gradually grew uncomfortable. He felt how his cheeks started to grow warm and quickly cleared his throat a little too loud to distract you. And it did.

“O-oh!” Back to your sense, your face left in bright red color and you tried your best to hide it so Leo didn’t see it. “S-so… where should we go next?”

Leo turned his head at you and said in a very low voice. “Anywhere you want…”

“You always said that for two years… Why don’t you tell me where you want to go this time?”

Leo saw you pouted upon his response but nonchalantly continued savoring his ice cream and stayed mute.

You instantly made a face and groaned in annoyance. Geez… even when he’s eating, he doesn’t look at me! Hmmph!

Suddenly, your mind goes back to the day when Leo confessed to you. It still felt like a mere sweet dream for you. You had a crush on him for so long but you didn’t ever think he would notice you; until one day a miracle happened. You unintentionally saved his life as he finally aware of your presence and began to see you in a different way. Slowly becoming closer with him day by day, he started to talk with you—even though it’s rare—and on that fated day he unbelievably declared his love to you.

“Do you remember when you confessed to me on that day?” You said out of the blue, making Leo to flinch on his seat.

“That day… you were smiling… a lot…”

A wide smile appeared on your face before you bit your lips. “And I miss that day so much, Leo… I want to see your smile again… even if it’s just once…”

Almost immediately, Leo stopped eating. Guilt piled up inside him as he stared at you with a pair of sad eyes. But your eyes were sadder, sending Leo to the pit of guilty even deeper. It’s not like he doesn’t care about you or ignoring your presence. It was hard for him. Hard for someone named Jung Leo to express his feelings to the one he loves. Deep inside him, he knew that you are the only one that he cares the most—more than his life. And one thing sure, he loves you more than anything in this world and he doesn’t want you to ever leave his side.

Leo was about to answer when you suddenly cut him with a bitter laugh. “It’s impossible, right?”

You chuckled to yourself before you stood up from your seat. “Forget it… I know you won’t do it again… but that’s okay for me…”

“Come on, Leo. Let’s go watch a movie!” You pulled his hand and cling your arm to his.

Beside him, Leo saw his girlfriend was grinning widely. But how come the smile that he saw right now didn’t make him feel happy but just add salt to his wounded heart? He knew that behind that smile you were showing, you were hiding a loud cry inside. In fact, he didn’t have the right to deny your words, because he is the only one to blame. He’s the one at fault and the one that should suffer more.

___… I’m so sorry…


 

“Leo-ya­! Look at this! This is so cute, right??” A pair of teddy bear phone straps welcomed Leo’s vision as he saw you smiled widely. “Let’s buy this! I will use the male version while you use the female version~ so you will always remember about me whenever you see it~!”

You chimed as you wiggling the phone straps happily, but the boy in front of you still have his stiff front and blinked a couple of times before he walked away, leaving you speechless.

With a heavy heart, you put the phone straps back to its place and heaved a sigh. “Maybe next time, babies…” You waved to the teddy bears and quicken your pace to match your walk with Leo.

“You don’t like it, hm? I really want it, though…” You grabbed his hand and swung it back and forth lightly. “By the way… Do you know what day is next week?”

With eyes beaming brightly in hope, you felt Leo tighten his grip on your hand and actually saw him nodding his head.

“Whoa! Tell me, tell me! What day is it, then!?” You asked in full excitement as you waited for him to answer you.

Leo stared at you and opened his lips. It’s your birthday…

But then Leo’s face grew red as his timid-self took over him. All of sudden he grew nervous and answered you in a shaky voice. “…I-it’s Sunday.”

Instantly stopped walking, you felt your heart sank. “Right…” You loosen your grip on his hand until you finally pulled your hand away from his. “You’re right… It’s Sunday…”

Feeling your heart aches more; you decided not to appear sad in front of him and showed him a fake smile. “Yes, it’s Sunday! And that means, we can go together to that newly opened café I told you!”

You awkwardly laughed then started to walk faster than him. Ughh! How can he forget about my birthday…?! Meanie!

Leo was taken aback by your action and silently cursed himself. Stupid, Jung Leo… You are so stupid!! Why is it so hard to say what’s inside your mind instead of hurting her!?


 

Both of you were sitting on a bench at the park, sipping on bubble tea. Leaning your head on his shoulder, you were appreciating the peaceful moment while your boyfriend had his eyes glancing around the park—probably focused on several kids happily playing near the small fountain. Feeling safe with him around you, you began to trace his fingers and played with it.

“Leo…” You started out a conversation and he answered you with a hum.

“Can I ask you a favor?”

Your question made Leo looked down at you and his eyes cutely blinked, waiting for you to continue. Biting your lips, you stared back at him with a thumping heart.

“Umm… Can you… smile for me? I-I mean… just for today. J-just now. I miss your smile… I want to see it…”

Little did you knew, Leo’s heart started to beat faster and his face turned as red as a ripened tomato. “I-I can’t…”

You saw he looked away from you and felt like someone just pierced a knife to your heart. “I really love to see your smile, but…” Holding back your tears, you squeezed his hand reassuringly. “If you don’t want to, then it’s okay… I understand…”

Leo bit his lower lips and took a deep breath. I’m sorry, ___… It’s not that I don’t want to smile for you… It’s just—too hard… for me…

“Anyway…” You suddenly stood up, surprising Leo in result. “Today’s weather is really great!!”

You raised both of your hands up in the air as you took in the spring fragrance. It was indeed healing you and stopping you from crying.

Leo secretly smiled behind you and gladly watching you in silence. That’s my girl…

He was hoping that someday he could tell you how fast his heart was beating when you were beside him or how he might turn crazy every time you flashed that beautiful smile at him. Always be happy, ___

Your eyes then landed on a couple sitting on the bench across you. It’s and annoying, you hate to admit it—how they were going lovey-dovey right in front of you. Because you knew you couldn’t do it with your boyfriend. The smile on your face faded in instance upon the scene. You could see it clearly how they almost making out in public on daylight and their sweet laughs that pierced your ears just made it worse. The fact is; you despised the jealousy that burnt inside you right now.

When will I be able to laugh together with Leo like them…? It’s been two years and he haven’t change a bit…

Continued to stare at them with thick jealousy covered your heart, you stayed quiet as your face gradually turned gloomy. On the other hand, your boyfriend, Leo, had his eyebrows furrowed when he noticed his girl didn’t smile anymore. He then followed where your gaze had landed to and felt like someone just splashed him with cold water right to his face.

AhNot that again… Leo was left in deep frustration as he let out a deep sigh. I can’t be romantic like that, but I really want her to understand that I love her with all my heart…

As minutes passed by with you kept staring at the couple, your eyes unexpectedly blinking out tears. Huh?

You wiped the tears away, but more tears fell out in result. No, no, don’t cry!

Commanded your inner self to stop crying, you rubbed your eyes to hide the tears. But it’s all too late as you began to sob loudly. You didn’t even know why in the world you were crying—you hate crying—but the weight you felt inside your heart just pushed you more to produce more tears.

As you cried, many thoughts ran inside your head. How you wanted Leo to hug you tightly right here, right now, calming you down. How you wanted him to hold your hand and cupped your face, staring at you sweetly. How you wanted him to start the conversation first, maybe like asking how’s your feeling today or anything simple inquiry that a boyfriend usually do. How you wanted him to call you by your name every single day or whispered sweet-nothing to your ears. How you wanted to hear his laughs whenever you threw jokes at him.

 

But deep inside your heart, you knew none of those things would come into reality.

 

As everything was just your one-sided wishes.

 

Only parts of your imagination.

 

It was true that you love him the way he is, but you couldn’t deny the fact that you wanted more. You wanted to be loved. You wanted him to show his love to you. All you wanted was to stop questioning yourself “Does he thinks of me as much as I think of him?” or “Does Leo even care about me?”. There were times when a question like “Does he really love me?” ran inside your thought—and yes, you wanted all of this to end.

 

What people said was true; that there is always a limit to everyone’s patience.

 

Leo’s eyes grew big when he noticed you were crying. His body grew stiff as his heart hurts more than before. People at the park began to stare at you, but you just don’t care. What you were thinking right now was letting out all the feelings you had been keeping all this time. Pain that hurting you mentally.

The very next second, Leo stood up and grabbed your shoulder to turn you to face him. He bent down to be on your eye-level and worriedly studying your crying face. “I-is everything okay?? What’s wrong??”

He grew panic and ran a hand to lift your chin so he could see your face, but then you slapped his hand away. Definitely left your boyfriend to be both speechless and shocked.

“I’m not okay!!” Shouted all of sudden, your eyes were already red and swollen when you met eyes with him.

Leo was still clueless and didn’t know what to do. ! Why is she crying?! Did I just did something wrong?? Is she sick??

Running a thumb to wipe your tears, Leo stammered on his words. “D-don’t c-cry…”

Once again, you yanked away his hand and this time adding a little shove to his chest. “I don’t want to talk to you!!”

That was the last words you said to him before you running away, leaving a stunned boyfriend in the middle of the park.

 

 

Leo’s mouth dropped low and he felt his heart just stopped from beating. Even when he wanted to scream your name loudly to stop you, no words came out from his mouth.

 

 

Instead, he screamed inside and felt like someone just pulled out his heart out from his body by force. Your back figure slowly fading away from his sight and Leo had lost his strength to chase you.

 

 

 

 

 

No! ___! Don’t go!!

 

To be continued.


[A/N]

Hello gorgeous readers! Welcome to 'Silence Romance'!

 

What do you think of the first chapter? =]

 

How do you feel to have a boyfriend like Leo? *smirk*

 

Leave your comments below! And don't forget to subscribe & upvote! *smiles shyly*

See you on the next chapter! (will be up in a few days)

 

Much love,

 

jesshime.