[Taepyo] Lazy Sunday

Block B Taeil OTP Drabbles

Taeil loves having the dorm all to himself.

It’s rare, what with living with seven other boys who could all safely be labeled complete homebodies, but it does happen every now and then. He makes sure to cherish it when it does happen, at least.

It’s half past five and Taeil is reclining in the dorm’s minuscule bathtub, a wet cloth over his closed eyes. The tub is small enough that even he has to bend his knees a bit, but the water is at that perfect line between hot and warm and his sore muscles are appreciative despite the slightly cramped space.

The bathroom smells like citrus from Taeil’s shampoo, lavender from Yookwon’s body wash, and something heady and sweet from Jaehyo’s expensive bubble soap. It’s an odd combination of smells, but nothing that could ruin Taeil’s good mood at the moment. His mind is cloudy with a pleasant haze left over from the nap he’d only woken up from a little over an hour ago.

He removes the hand towel covering his face as he sits up, preparing to get out. He spares a few minutes to play with the mass of bubbles surrounding him, laughing as some slop out over the edge of the tub.

He stretches as he stands up, joints popping and fingers and toes curling at the glorious feeling. He drains the tub as he dries off, using the one plush towel he’s managed to hide from the other members and relishing in its softness. He slips on his largest pair of sweatpants, tightening the draw string to keep them from sliding too far down his thighs.

He shrugs into his shirt as he exits the bathroom, heading towards the kitchen. He’d started the coffee pot immediately after he’d woken up, and he couldn’t help but jump excitedly at the thought of a full pot waiting for him.

He shivers in anticipation as he steps into the living room, only to stop in his tracks at the sight before him.

"Hello, Taeil-hyung," Jihoon perks up as Taeil walks into his line of sight, waving happily.

"Hey, Jihoon," Taeil replies, a surprised smile brightening his face.

He had expected to feel a little mopey, a little disappointed when his day of rest was cut short. 

He feels nothing but fondness now, looking at Jihoon sitting sprawled over the couch, a mug of something faintly steaming on the end table next to him.

"I saw you made some coffee, so I went ahead and prepared a cup for when you got out."

Taeil feels something squirming pleasantly in his belly as he makes his way through the mess on the floor over to Jihoon.

~~~

It turns out that Jihoon had been in the dorm for nearly an hour before Taeil had spotted him, something Taeil was having a hard time digesting.

Jihoon explained that he’d left the studio earlier than the others, having the shortest part to record. He nudges Taeil with his elbow, a teasing grin on his face as he recounts how the first thing he’d heard when he’d walked into the apartment was Taeil’s passionate rendition of ‘i am the best’ coming from the bathroom.

Taeil pretends he’s not mortified and Jihoon pretends he doesn’t see how red Taeil’s ears are.

It’s their dynamic most days.

From where Taeil is laying next to Jihoon, leaning bodily on his solid shoulder with one hand in the pocket of Jihoon’s banana-patterned pajama pants, he can fully appreciate how handsome the younger man is. 

His bone structure is so strong; high brows, prominent cheekbones, masculine jaw, Taeil can’t help but kiss the very point of his chin, the highest place he can reach.

Jihoon laughs as he turns to him, black eyes twinkling, and Taeil stretches to press his lips to the tip of Jihoon’s nose. Jihoon’s face is scrunched up, one eye squeezed shut while the other squints at Taeil, feigning wariness.

Taeil’s grin turns mischievous, and Jihoon reacts just a moment too late to escape.

Taeil is on him in the blink of an eye, peppering dry kisses all over his face. Jihoon laughs louder, trying to squirm away, but Taeil’s palms are holding his face in place as he continues his attack.

Taeil has to stop every few seconds to laugh himself, and it isn’t long before he’s just laying against Jihoon’s chest, both breathless from all of their giggling. Taeil feels giddy as he catches his breath, squishing Jihoon’s cheeks up and forcing his lips into an exaggerated pout.

Jihoon in, making fishy noises as he crosses his eyes, and he revels in the way Taeil’s cheeks dimple faintly as the older boy smiles so broadly his eyes disappear.

They calm down after a while, both feeling sleepy and lethargic as the sky gets darker. Jihoon drags over the throw blanket Minhyuk’s mother had made and snuggles up to Taeil underneath it, peeking out of the folds of the fabric and wiggling his eyebrows to hear Taeil’s delightful laugh again.

They share the sweet, sugary coffee between even sweeter kisses as they huddle under the blanket, grins wide and comfortable.

Taeil may love his alone time, but he sure has no qualms about spending his free days with Jihoon, either.