Chapter 2

Done

Junior figured he was going to have to go by Jinyoung again.  He and Jaebum smiled as there last performance of Bounce came along.  They started to hang around and laugh with the trainees.  He even let his cute act front become more of a permanent deal.   And of course, he would ignore the looks he would get from his leader when Jaebum would notice the front wouldn’t leave when they were alone.  The act would only stop behind locked doors as he held a blade in his hand.  

 

“Not good enough,” and he would bring the blade towards his wrist.

 

“Coward,” and he would put the blade away from his unscathed arm and back to it’s hiding spot.  But the fear of being seen didn’t exactly keep the blade away permanently.

 

There was always a loophole.  And this loophole made Jinyoung undeniably relieved he wasn’t a girl.  Thighs.  His heart would leap every scratch the blade made onto his skin.  Each time he would calm down after figuring some way he ruined JJ project.  Jinyoung continued his newly developed tradition after working hard at practice, making sure that his smiles never worried Jaebum, his moves were always on point, his voice making improvements, and his cuts never showing.  The trainees were cooler than he thought.  And as far Jinyoung could tell, his thoughts were becoming more optimistic.  Until that day.

 

That day was five weeks after their conversation with JYP.  It was also three days since Jinyoung last held the blade to his thighs.  The day consisted of hard practices with the narrowed down candidates for the new group that would be called Got7.  He joked around with the oddly pretty foreign guy named Mark like usual, but when he was trying to impress the guy with his dancing, he somehow screwed up the footing, causing him to land straight on his face.  Jinyoung knew that the laughter that followed wasn’t supposed to be hurtful, so he just smiled his famous eye crinkling smile and scratched the back of his head before continuing the practice.  

 

After getting back to the dorm, Jinyoung was too into his thoughts, cursing himself for the mistake, that he forgot to lock the door.  

 

“Why are you so useless, you are supposed to be teaching them, not learning with them,” his dialect came out as he had a staredown with himself in the mirror.  He blinked and in one swift movement, he took the blade out of it’s hiding spot, turned the water on, and started to tear off his clothes.  Until the doorknob turned to reveal a talking Jaebum, “I know you’re getting ready for a shower, but before you do, let me gr-”

 

Jinyoung stood in shock as he had thrown off all of his clothes but his boxers, which revealed a portion of the cuts.  He looked at the small bathroom counter, and he saw that an mp3 player laid just a few centimeters away from the familiar blade.  His heart stopped when he saw Jaebum stare.  The longest five seconds of his life passed, before Jinyoung’s delayed reaction had him reaching to cover up the blade.  But as he reached, Jaebum roughly grabbed Jinyoung’s arms and searched them for cuts.  For a second, he thought that his leader would see there were no cuts on his arm and would leave before seeing ’s thighs.  But his hope faltered as the leaders eyes looked him over and saw a few marks littered past the line of Jinyoung’s boxers.

 

, he’s going to hate me.  He’s going to be disgusted at how weak I am.  He’s going to scream that I shouldn’t do this because I should know he went through the same thing.  Jinyoung’s thoughts ran wild as he looked at the floor wishing he would’ve remembered to lock the damn door. But the thoughts were interrupted as he was roughly pulled into a tight hug.  It was strange.  Jaebum wasn’t much of a hugger, and even though Jinyoung was, he always initiated the hugs, but he admitted that falling prey to one was rather comforting.  At least, until he heard a slight sniffle that wasn’t him.

 

“Please, Jinyoung.  Please don’t hurt yourself.  Talk to me, I want to take care of you.  I have to.  We are JJ project, we promised to make it to the top together, remember?”

 

Finally, Jinyoung brought his arms up to return the hug, “I’m sorry, hyung.”

 

This time, instead of a sniffle, he heard a scoff as the hug tightened for a split second before they let go, “Shouldn’t I be comforting you? Why are you comforting me?”


Junior couldn’t help the return of his eye crinkling smile as he responded, “I have to. We are JJ project, we promised to make it to the top together.”

 

 

 

 

 

A/N So, yeah, I wasn't meaning to make this that angsty, but somehow it turned into only being that. My friend wanted me to write a Jinmark fic, so that's what this was gonna be originally. As you can see, that idea turned into something completely different. I hope you enjoyed, if you didn't I'd be really happy if you told me some constructive criticism. Although I tried to check for mistakes, there might still be some. I guess that's it.