Chapter 1

Done

    Jinyoung liked the sound of Junior.  He thought of it as an imaginary connection to the Park Jinyoung.  They shared a name and a dream, and being called Jr. gave him a sense of pride.  He worked hard at practices, whether it was for acting, singing, dancing, or even looking in the mirror and preparing what he was going to say so he wouldn’t look like a fool when it mattered.  And right besides him, there would be Jaebum.  In Junior’s eyes, Jaebum was almost like a mythical creature.  Jaebum would never let anything get in his way of his dream. In practices, when he’d start to feel worn down, he would work that much harder.  Junior respected him and was happy that they were a team.

 

    People liked them.  They would cheer for JJ project when they appeared on stage.  Would watch the dramas and fall for their characters.  Would dance along to their song.  And both JB and Jr. loved it and never wanted it to end.  I guess that was why it hurt so much when JYP wanted to have a private meeting with them.  Junior will always remember that meeting.

 

    Him and Jaebum had just finished a vocal lesson, and were schedule free for the rest of the day.  They were joking around with each other, testing the others girl group knowledge when JYP walked on in.  Instantly Junior bowed and looked at JB, hoping that since he was the leader, he would know what was going on, but the look on his face made it seem like he was thinking to himself the same thing.  But, they both managed to say their greetings before they asked.  

 

    “I know that this is unexpected, but I need to talk to you both as Jinyoung and Jaebum as well as Jr. and JB,” he said as he reached and took off his sunglasses to show a concerned expression.  Jinyoung noted the contrast the look had with the blonde hair his senior was wearing to make him look younger.

 

    “Umm, yeah, of course,” JB managed to get out as Jr. showed JYP to the living room of their dorm.

 

    An uncomfortable tension filled the room, and knowing their senior, that was very very strange.

 

    Junior tried to think of anything that he or JB had done wrong, but couldn’t think of anything major, so he was the first to speak, “Is there something wrong, I mean, it’s not that I mean any disrespect in any way, but what’s the reason you’re here?”  JB tried to be discreet about the Don’t-ask-him-why-he’s-here-you- look, but failed.

 

    “I’m not here to kick you guys out of JYP entertainment, if that’s what you’re thinking,” JYP managed a slight smile after seeing the look JB was giving, “But I do want to know how you both get along with the trainees in the company?”

 

    “We get along with them fine, I mean, there are some talented people, but the two of us haven’t insulted any of them or anything, if that’s what you’re thinking.  Actually, Jinyoung and I, tend to stay to ourselves,” Junior had admired how JB managed to talk calmly, when he was too busy freaking out on the inside to say anything out loud.  

 

    “No, that’s not it.  I can see how nervous you both are though, so I’m just going to spit it out.” Why JYP felt the need to have a long dramatic pause here, Junior didn’t know, he just knew that it killed him. “I don’t think that JJ project can continue, anymore.”

 

    “But you just said you weren’t go-”

 

    “I said I wasn’t going to kick you out because I’m not.  JJ project can’t continue, but you both can.  A boy group would do a lot better than a duo, thus me asking how you have been getting along with the trainees.  You, Jaebum, are going to have to be responsible for 4 to 6 new members besides you and Jinyoung, will you be able to handle that?”

 

    Junior didn’t hear an answer, but assumed that he responded with a nod.

 

    “Good, and you’re okay with this too, Jinyoung?”

 

    Junior wanted to yell in response.  He wanted to scream ‘No, I’m NOT okay with practicing and practicing for a debut, not quite knowing if we are going to even make it for a second time.  We both went through that, and finally debuted.  Jaebum and I both have trained, acted, sang, and danced with all we had to get where we are.  AND IT’S WORKING! I hear people shouting and cheering to our song.  Why would we stop for who knows how long and start from nothing once again?’ but he too had responded with just a nod.

 

    “Well, this is probably a lot to take in, so I’ll leave you two be for now,” JYP spoke as he pushed himself out of the chair and to the door.  As confused and angry the two members were, they didn’t let it show, as they calmly bowed and said proper goodbyes to their senior, but the second the door shut, their stances dropped as a huge sigh filled the room.

 

    Junior looked at JB for some wise answer as to what they’re going to do or some sort of life advice only to be responded with a slight chuckle and a, “Well , Junior, back to the beginning, I guess.”