Prologue

of New Discoveries & Lesson Learnt

Today will be the day Nam Taehyun will be single again. As he signed on the dotted line, he will be getting back his freedom, he no longer need to deal with lonely dinners, cold empty bed and awkward silences.

Today he will be leaving the person who brought him joy and happiness for the past ten years.

That same person was sitting beside him in silence, his expression blank, staring just straight ahead and looking at nothing in particular.

Today will be the day that Song Minho will become single again. In another five minutes or so, he will become alone again and the man sitting beside him will officially not be his husband and his partner any more.

The very same person who he vowed to love, to cherish and to protect will no longer be the one in another five minutes or so. 

As they finished scribbling their signatures, the solicitor lets out a cough announcing that it is all done and that they were no longer married. They turned to look at each other, looking at the other person who was supposed to be their husband just five minutes ago. They were both free of a marriage that had no more love.

Their gaze met. From Taehyun’s eyes, he sees something in he cannot quite put a finger on in Mino’s whereas from Mino’s eyes, he sees and remembers that pair of eyes are full of warm and love when they were directed at him.

Mino was the first one to break away from the gaze, standing up to thank the lawyer after giving a quick glance at the divorce papers they both just endorsed.

Taehyun took it as his cue to leave bowing and thanking the lawyer as well.  He wanted to leave the office building immediately. The air was suddenly too stale and too oppressing. He wanted and desperately needed fresh air.

“Taehyun ah.” Taehyun was waiting for the lift when he heard his ex-husband call out to himself and he instinctively turned at the sound of his voice.

“Yes?” He answered softly just like how he always did.

“Do you need a lift?” Mino asked and he could not help but be reminded of the nervousness he felt when he asked Taehyun out for a date 10 years ago.

“No, it is ok. Seunghoon hyung is already downstairs waiting for me. You should hurry back to the office Minho.” Taehyun answered offering a polite smile. He turned when the lift arrived and turned to enter into the lift.

Mino hated the formal tone that was in Taehyun’s voice. It had always been “Mino” or “Hyung” the only times Taehyun ever used “Minho” or even “Song Minho” was the times when he got into trouble. The lift brought them down to the ground floor in total silence. No further conversations were made as they walked to the car park where Seunghoon’s red Volkswagen Beetle waited.

Taehyun turned to him for the last time. “I will leave first then. I will be home tonight to grab my things.”

Taehyun offered one last smile before he turned and headed towards his hyung’s car.

Just like that, Nam Taehyun was out of his life. No longer his husband.

Mino just felt a dull ache in his brain and his heart. He was surprised that he felt this way as he saw the car drove off.

They wanted and agreed to a divorce right? Both of them wanted it, to be free of a marriage that no longer held any love in it. So why was he feeling this way then?

~~~~~~~~~~

Hihi, back again with a new story... hope that you will enjoy it! no silent readers please...