Lost in Your Eyes

Loving, Thousand Years More

 

       As bizarre as it might goes, Kyuhyun thinks Ryeowook is too cute for his own good as the petite goes all tense in the middle of cooking, and the whole body of his going rigid like a mechanical robot. Kyuhyun can't hold his small chuckle as he's stepping closer towards the male behind the stove.

       The lanky stops short exactly behind Ryeowook, that the designer can feel the warm breath against his ear. Suddenly, he's afraid of the next turn of event as Kyuhyun is trapping him from both sides. His hand is gripping the spatula too hard he barely can move to stir the soup. And those second next, the familiar warmth sensation vanishes since Kyuhyun has backs away from his, not after a feathery kiss on his nape.

       Sitting on a chair behind the kitchen counter, the lanky doctor prompts, "Do you have free time tomorrow night? Donghae suddenly arranges a gathering and he asks about your schedule. So I said I'd confirm with you first." Shrugging, he continues. "He's too secretive about the event though, like he wants to get married or something."

       Reaching a basket of grapes in front of him, the doctor instinctively puts one into his mouth. "Anyway, I apply two days leave because I think I need some rest before getting myself into a big surgery the next Tuesday. By the way, today there are so many interns coming to the hospital. Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to meet one." What the lanky doctor misses out though is Ryeowook has turning himself around, and is staring down at him. Tilting his head slightly, his eyes meet with the beautiful brown pool. "What?"

       For a moment, silence is talking on their behalf. Hence, Kyuhyun only watches the slender male across the room walking closer towards him. As though Ryeowook knows something is bothering the lanky male, the petite doesn't have enough courage to actually ask the other. He paces until he stops up short right in front of Kyuhyun.

       Slowly reaching for the other's hem shirt, he fiddles with it, more like he's unsure whether this is the right thing to do yet he firmly holds onto it. Soon when he lifts his head, Kyuhyun is looking over him and he's smiling sincerely to Kyuhyun for like seconds before dropping his hands and backing away.

       Kyuhyun however acts faster than him, as he grabs Ryeowook's wrist. By now, they are not facing each other as the designer has turns sideways. "Thanks, Ryeowook." In the inside, his heart is flipping like crazy as this marks the first time that the other actually initiates the skin-ship first without him hinting on it. Somehow, the incessant annoying gut within him dissolves into nothingness.

       Caressing gently on the smooth wrist skin, the lanky doctor resists the urging desire in him. And it feels forever before the doctor actually letting loose the contract. Walking further to the stove, Kyuhyun moves to peer on the chicken broth. It smells delicious, though. "Is someone's going to come tonight?"

       Swirling himself around swiftly, he watches how fast Ryeowook recovers himself. "Leeteuk-hyung and Kangin-hyung; you said they're coming to get the remaining stuff in here yesterday." Moving fast, Ryeowook stands beside the lanky. Then, grabbing the spatula, he offers. "Try this."

       Without missing a beat, the doctor does that. Taking in the taste; Kyuhyun's face crinkles in delight. "Ah, this is the best."

       They both work in synchronization soon after that, making sure all the meals are well-prepared. For Ryeowook, though he knows the lanky has the skills in the kitchen, he can't be less surprised as he's watching the serious face of the other as Kyuhyun concentrating on tasting the spaghetti sauce. It feels warm.

       "I think the spice blended well. Want to taste?" Kyuhyun extends the spatula before Ryeowook's and the designer just smiles softly, approving the taste in silent.

       Once all the courses in the kitchen have settled, the lanky suggests. "We need to get ready. They might come knocking any moment now."

       Just then, Min Gyu steps into the kitchen. "Leeteuk-hyung just called and he said that he might be running a bit late than the original plan." Walking closer to Ryeowook, the boy continues. "But, he will send Kangin-hyung earlier to make up for that." Right at the end of the sentence, the bell is ringing. "Oh, look there he is."

       Kyuhyun and Ryeowook can't be more speechless than that. Groaning a little, the doctor strides to the said boy, who is now using Ryeowook as a defense, "You think this is funny?" He manages to grab that slender arm of that boy and drags him out to the front.

       Opening the front door, Kyuhyun isn't sure what face he is making, "I'm sorry, but we're not ready for you yet." Hand still on the door, the doctor is blocking the entrance with his lanky frame. "You should visit someone else on the block first," Then, he closes the door. Swirling around, he stares at the boy before pulling unceremoniously and throwing him out to Kangin. "He can entertain you,"

       "Yah, hyung!" Min Gyu keeps on pounding the front door that Ryeowook walks closer to open the door (almost) when suddenly the lanky doctor gets a hold of Ryeowook's wrist, pulling the petite along to the bedroom. Kyuhyun keeps on moving and dragging the other male; all the while keeping still. And it doesn't take two to understand that the lanky male is pissed. The tensed look that framing the broad shoulders is apparent and fortunately the long legs that lead the steps halt right in front of the bedroom's door.

       Albeit Ryeowook is prepared for the loud bump against the other's back, the act of steadying him by the arm bone baffled him even more. All is happening too fast for he doesn't even notice that the lanky has left him - he couldn't even register anything; his mind is reeling too fast to his discomfort. Nevertheless, the designer thinks he heard the 'wait' and 'living room' amidst his great confusion.

       Reaching for the knob, Ryeowook couldn't be more perplex as the soft lilac dress shirt lying perfectly nice on the bed meets his first sight. He doesn't think that the lanky doctor actually knows that he loves purple very much, but it's surprisingly suspicious when he recalls that Kyuhyun sports a color contrast from the purple itself.

       It contradicts with every nerve within him as he grabs the said dress shirt to the bathroom. The only resolution that makes sense is that he doesn't have time to iron another garment, and sure enough he doesn't have time to make people wait for him. Time is the only component he's been missing out and he needs to be fast and efficient.

       Thus fifteen minutes after, Ryeowook steps out from the room, totally forgetting anything needed to be taken care of but the dinner. He even overlooked Kyuhyun, who is sitting in the living room, with a book in his hand. Or it could be something else entirely. 

       Just before Kyuhyun could actually rise to his feet, following Ryeowook to the kitchen, bell resounded within the apartment. Leeteuk is standing in front of the entrance, with a smile etched across his feature. Somehow, the elder looks much younger yet the handful of experience clearly written on that calm facial expression.

       "Hi," The older doctor greets breathlessly.

       In amazement, the younger male steps aside in order to let senior ophthalmologist get through the entrance. "Are the lift broken?"

       Leeteuk just shakes his head in denial as he's bending his body in a puff.

       "Then you decide that stairs is a great way to lose a weight?" Smirk is making a way across Kyuhyun's face.

       Glaring, he slowly straightens his upper abdomen, only to dismiss the younger totally in a favor of acknowledging the petite designer who comes to the living room seconds later. Ryeowook, however almost has a shock of his life when the elder doctor squeezes his lungs out in a tight embrace. The grip on the spatula is fastened.

       Fortunately, Kyuhyun pulls out the elder male, "Hyung!" Turning his heel towards the bewildered designer, the lanky fixated his eyes on him, concern lacing his words. "Are you alright?"

       "Yeah," Ryeowook manages to answer; his voice hoarse. It isn't like twenty seconds later Kyuhyun then turns his head towards the elder doctor only to meet the silly 'you-are-seriously-in-love-with-him' expectant look. And he brushes it off as he's pacing towards the dining table.

       "I've settled one or two things that you overlook. I pack them inside the box." Sitting down on a chair, the lanky gets up again once he realizes that the table missing the glasses.

       Nodding absently, Leeteuk trails his eyes on Kyuhyun's. The sudden realization regarding the box however does something strange to his stomach though as he recalls the details of his patients over the years he's been working while in Ireland. "Which box exactly?"

       As Kyuhyun takes a hold of total four glasses in his hands, he swirls himself around before answering. "I gave them to Ryeowook at that time, because I was rushing to attend my shift. Why?"

       Because the chance that every private and confidential document in there isn't his totally is high, that's why. The elder doctor smiles, "Nothing." His brown eyes though catch Ryeowook's.

       "Please don't make assumption, here." Placing the glasses on the table, he arranges them accordingly. He then whispers, "I hate assumption." Yet it is loud enough to be heard by the people present.

       Clearing his throat, in effort to make it less awkward, the eldest among them inquires. "Did you need any help, Ryeowook?"

       "It's fine, hyung. Everything is under control." Walking closer to the senior doctor, Ryeowook gently rests his hand on the shoulder. "Could you please call the little girl down here?" And the strings of white pearl are a complete loss of him.

       As fast as Leeteuk moves to the other sides of the apartment, the world has now seems to reduce to both of them only. Kyuhyun's stiffen frame is obvious and it is miraculous how the tender touch of Ryeowook could make it all up. It's like the evening breeze passes him by, fresh and gentle.

       And in that short time span, they actually have audience as Min Gyu, who is trailing behind the elder health psychologist halts momentarily, while Kangin fails to notice the fleeting moment. "Hey Kyu, I didn't know that Jonghyun kid lives here. What a small world." Maybe it's the excitement building that turns Kangin blinded to the world in front of him. "Look, he gave us something!"

       "Who?"

       Turning his head sideways, he takes a glimpse of Leeteuk with the little girl on the right side before trailing back to the present on the coffee table. "Lee Jonghyun, he gives this to us. Sweet, isn't he?" Moment later, Kangin flexes his neck muscle to the previous side. "What...-"

       The little girl is walking away towards the dining area. Blinking, Kangin looks up to Leeteuk and Min Gyu respectively, before turning his body slightly towards the fixated gaze. That lanky male is enjoying chatting with Ryeowook on the table. Its very transpicuous-ly clear, like you could tell the luxury spacious house is belongs to the riches one; because he's grinning from ear to ear - no one thought he'd be able to do that.

       For as long as Kangin knows Kyuhyun, that's the very first time he discovers another side of the latter. The side that he'd always hope he gets to see someday - carefree, relax and happy. Happy that no matter what might happen in the future, Kyuhyun wouldn't blame himself anymore. Happy despite the forthcoming probability is speculative and un-worthwhile.

       Perhaps that strikes a chord - the health psychologist is getting teary for no reason; it's kind of silly, honestly. The scene before him stretches out as the beloved little girl comes bouncing into the picture. The perfect happy family; where everyone belongs to.

       Rising unto his feet, Kangin marches towards them. "Hey, let's get to dinner. Quite dare, aren't you, starting without us." He though ignores everything, but his dinner when he senses everyone is looking his way.

       Ryeowook retorts, "We're not." Well in fact, the meals are still steaming hot on the table, ready to be consumed.

       "Yeah, probably you met your fan girl on the way here." Kyuhyun points out rather lazily. His smile disappears but the hazel eyes still shining in felicity.

       Min Gyu widens his small like-fox eyes in astonishment, "That lady is your fan girl?"

       "No! No, of course not. Are you insane?" Spluttering, Kangin's face turns red.

       Throughout the diner, they are all laughing their hearts out. If somehow world would turn out to be just fine, then maybe one could never have reasons for things. And one ought not to play with the word 'if', just to be safe.