Distance Love

Distance Love

Chapter 1

 

"Seo?" Kyuhyun said, holding onto Seohyun's hand tightly.

 

"Yes, Kyu Oppa?" Seohyun replied, turning to face Kyuhyun, still feeling the night wind blowing at the side of her round-shaped face.

 

"Promise me something?" Kyuhyun started, turning face her.

 

"What is it?" Seohyun asked, confused.

 

"When you leave, will you forget?" Kyuhyun asked.

 

"Oppa, I...I don't understand." Seohyun stuttered, making Kyuhyun turned to looked away.

 

"Seo, you will be going away soon. Besides, you were my first love Seo, and if you leave, I don't want you to miss us." Kyuhyun said, as tears started forming in Seohyun's brown, almond-shaped eyes.

 

Seo Joohyun and Cho Kyuhyun were the perfect couple. Everybody looked at them and could only wish their relationship could be as blessed as theirs. Seohyun was now turning 18 and now, had to set off on her own as her parents wanted her to spread her wings and started college somewhere in the USA. Sadly, she would have to leave her first love, Kyuhyun, behind. Kyuhyun was 19. He also was about to start his college life but since he didn't come from a rich family like Seohyun, he had to stay in Korea and helped his parents. It would be sad for not only them but for everyone who was touched by their love to see them torn apart.

 

Seohyun and Kyuhyun didn't meet in any special, memorable way. They weren't even friends while growing up. Rather, they were enemies at the age of 13. They attended the same school and Kyuhyun would constantly mock, tease and bully Seohyun. Seohyun had always liked Kyuhyun and soon enough, Kyuhyun stopped bully Seohyun when he found out which ended up with them becoming close but not like best friends, just close. Seohyun only had one friend though and that was Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun was very sweet to Seohyun after finding out her real feelings for him. Kyuhyun would give her a piggy back ride when she was too tired to work, took care of her when she was sick and soon, at the age of 15, he asked 14 year old Seohyun to be his girlfriend. Since then, Kyuhyun and Seohyun became closer.

 

Today was the day before Seohyun had to leave. Seohyun and Kyuhyun were at the Han river. They would go there a lot, almost every night. Even though it would get cold, they had each others embrace to keep each other warm. Seohyun as well as Kyuhyun had never spoken the words 'I love you' to any other person but to each other, other than family members, of course. Seohyun was madly in love and couldn't bare the fact that she had to lose Kyuhyun. Of course, she offered to stay but he didn't want to be the reason she missed out on something great.

 

"I will miss you, Seo." Kyuhyun said.

 

Tears fell from Seohyun's eyes, "I don't want to go!" She cried out.

 

Kyuhyun held onto her in his arms and hugged her tightly.

 

"You are going to do great in the USA Seo. You are smart and perfect. If you don't leave tomorrow, you may regret it."

 

"Oppa, I love you! I don't want to forget!" Seohyun cried out.

 

"Seo, if you remember then it will hold you back. I will always love you and I know you feel the same way but I need you to survive but if your unhappy, I will be too, so please try your hardest to forget us when your in the USA."

 

"No. Oppa, I won't do it." She hesitated.

 

"Seo, if you love me, you will forget. We will see each other again, someday, I promise."

 

And with that, Seohyun cried harder than ever in the arms of Kyuhyun.

 

"Seo, just don't ever forget that I love you."

 

"Oppa, your making no sense but that's why I love you." She giggled while she cried.

 

Seohyun couldn't help but think. How is it possible that he wants her to forget about them and their wonderful memories but not their love? He was ridiculous which is exactly why Seohyun loved him. He was ridiculous just like love.

 

"Seo?"

 

"Yes." Seohyun replied softly, pulling herself away from Kyuhyun's embrace.

 

"Don't be sad. I want you to be happy in the USA. Just remember, it's only for a while. You will be home in 8 years if you don't want to stay, nothing can come close to you Seo. I love you so don't you ever forget it. Just don't miss me please. I don't want you to get hurt."

 

"Oppa, no matter how much you want me to forget, I can't. I won't get hurt thinking about you. Besides, distance is only a test to see how far our love can travel." Seohyun said, followed by a smile.

 

"Your right, Seo. You always are. You always know how to pick me up when I'm down. I love you." He said, holding her in his arms again.

 

"I never want you to let go." Seohyun whispered softly.

 

"Then I never will." Kyuhyun replied.

 

"We should get back to your place now." Seohyun suggested.

 

"Your right. Let's go."

 

Soon, Seohyun and Kyuhyun made their way to Kyuhyun's blue audi a7 and drove away. Seohyun's parents allowed Seohyun to stay the night at Kyuhyun since they knew it would be one of the last times the lovers could be together until 8 or more years. Seohyun's parents as well as Kyuhyun's never did approve of the relationship but they had no control of it since Kyuhyun and Seohyun would do everything and anything just to see each other. Even if it cost them their lives.

 

Seohyun soon fell asleep in the car while Kyuhyun continued to drive. He loved watching her while she sleep. He always thought she looked cute. Sadly, today was different. It stabbed at his heart to know that he was going to have to live 8 or more years without her. Tears fogged up Kyuhyun's vision but they soon began to fall. How was he suppoed to live so long without his one and only and not to mention, first love? Kyuhyun didn't have enough money to go to the USA with her, let alone visit. Seohyun was going to be busy with work and school. Pluse, she had to save money for living expenses, even though she has the parents help but she didn't want their helped, she wanted to be independent, and would be able to visit him either. It was quite tragic.

 

"Seo, wake up." Kyuhyun whispered, slightly shaking Seohyun.

 

Seohyun slowly opened her eyes, "Oppa, I'm tired. Can you please carry me on your back?" Seohyun requested.

 

"Of course, Seo." Kyuhyun agreed, as he carried her out of the car and onto his back.

 

Kyuhyun carried her into his house. Thank god, his parents weren't home that night. They were out of town but they had already wished Seohyun luck in college. Kyuhyun carried her into his room and place her down on the bed. He pulled the covers over her and layed down beside her. They both laid there, facing each other. Seohyun struggle to stay awake but she was very tired.

 

"Kyu Oppa, I love you."

 

"I love you, too." He said, holding her hands in his.

 

He softly kissed her on the forehead.

 

"Seo, I promise that our distance will not come in between us. I will always love you, I promise you that." He said, wraping his arms around her.

 

"Distance is only a test. Remember that Oppa."

 

"I will." Kyuhyun assured.

 

And after that, they both fell asleep in each others arms, both dreaming of the day they had be together again. Dreaming of the day they had live together happily and have a family of their own. Dreaming of the day everything would be okay. Both knowing that distance is only a test to see how far their love can travel.

 

The next day, they had no choice but to say goodbye.

 

"Seo, I will miss you dearly and will love you and will never stop. I promise you." Kyuhyun said, holding onto Seohyun closely.

 

"I love you too, Kyu Oppa, and remember what I said. Distance is only a test. I will never stop loving you as well, I also promise you that." She assured.

 

And at that, Kyuhyun watched his first love walk down the airport terminal. Seohyun suddenly turned back around for one last hug.

 

"I love you." She whispered.

 

"I love you, too." He whispered back.

 

8 years later, Seohyun, who was 26 years old, returned to Korea, ecstatic to see Kyuhyun again. Both their hearts were filled with joy. They would call each other everyday just to say hello and I love you. Kyuhyun would even occasionally get in trouble for running up the phone bill talking to Seohyun for over 3 hours but that situation was resolved when he moved out a few months after Seohyun left. They would both have dreams of the day they had be together, both calling each other at 12 am to wish each other happy birthday and would call each other every hour. Today, all that was finally going to pay off. Today, Seohyun was coming back home. She had already called Kyuhyun from the airport.

 

"Seo, are you here now? Can I come pick you up?" Kyuhyun asked.

 

"Yeah Oppa. When you come, there's something I want to tell you." She said.

 

"Me, too. I have something really important to tell you as well."

 

"I can't wait to see you Kyu Oppa." She said happily.

 

"I can't wait to see you too, Seo." He agreed.

 

"Well, I'm on my way now okay?"

 

"Okay, bye Oppa."

 

"Seo, you don't sound well. Are you okay?"

 

"I'm fine Oppa. I got to go get my luggage now. I'm sorry."

 

"Okay, bye Seo. I love you."

 

"I love you, too."

 

Truth was, yesterday, Seohyun was diognosed with cancer. She had it for a few years now but always refused to go see a doctor and never told Kyuhyun. I mean, how could she tell him? She didn't want him to worry. She knew she only had a while to live. She didn't want him to know until that night. After getting her luggage, Seohyun waited outside for Kyuhyun.

 

"Seo!" Kyuhyun shouted happily, running out of his car as the lovers jumped into each others arms.

 

"I miss you so much Oppa. I love you so much." She cried.

 

"I miss you, too. I can't believe you are finally back."

 

They were both so happy. If they hugged each other any harder, they wouldn't be able to breathe. In fact, it was a little bit hard for them to breathe already.

 

"Let's go. Tonight will be special." He said, putting her bags in the car and assisting her into the car.

 

Later that night, Kyhyun and Seohyun drove to the Han river.

 

"I have missed this place so much." Seohyun smiled, closing her eyes and feeling the night air rish upson her face.

 

She turned around to see Kyuhyun smiling at her on one knee.

 

"Oppa." She started.

 

"Seo, these 8 years made me realized that now that our love has been tested and passed, I think its time our love graduate." He smiled.

 

"Oppa, what do you mean?"

 

"What I mean is, Seo Joohyun, will you marry me?" He said, pulling out a small box, containing a shining 1/4 ct. t.w. composite diamond in 10k white gold engagement ring.

 

Tears rushed down Seohyun's face as she ran over and hugged Kyuhyun, "Yes, yes, yes!" She screamed.

 

They both cried tears if joy and hugged each other endlessly.

 

"Oh, but...Oppa." She started.

 

"Yes, Seo?"

 

"I...I..." She stuttered, afraid.

 

"You what?" He asked, confused.

 

"I...I love you but I."

 

"Seo, what is it?"

 

"I have cancer!" She cried out.

 

A few months later, the ring around both, Kyuhyun and Seohyun's long fingers became official. They were now married. Happy to live forever, they passed the test of distance and now had graduated in marriage but sadly, now, Seohyun is hospitalized and didn't have much time left to live.

 

Seohyun and Kyuhyun spent every hour together. They never left each others side.

 

"I will never leave you, Seo. I love you." Kyuhyun promised.

 

"Then I will never leave you too, Oppa, as I love you, too." Seohyun promised as well.

 

"Oppa, just remember. Distance is just a test to see how far our love can travel." She reminded him.

 

"Of course. I love you."

 

"I love you, too."

 

It was that day that Seohyun passed on. It was nothing neither of them could control. They both had undeniable love, feelings, faith, confusion and hope. That is what love meant to them and that must be what love means for Kyuhyun never married another, of course. They were both lovers and they will be til the end. After all, now that Seohyun's in heaven, there's just one thing Kyuhyun had faith in and in the words of Seohyun, distance is just a test to see how far love can travel.