One - 20 March 2014

My First Love Story; Diary of a MMA Fighter (Short Hiatus)

Dear diary,

 

Today, I have finally received the keys to my new house in Samcheong-dong. The production crews came down to my Road FC gym to pass me the keys personally and they filmed down my full reactions. I was still extremely camera shy and my hands trembled slightly as I took the keys from the producer. My oppas cheered when I introduced myself during the individual interview with the production crews. I had never felt so nervous in my life before and I had never felt this level of stage fright before. I was always confident when I had to step into the ring for a match but I guess this time it was different because there was no ring and there was no opponent.

 

When I told Moonhong oppa that I couldn't do this because I was camera shy, he merely laughed it off, and called me a coward. I told him I wasn't and he told me to prove it to him. That was how I ended up with this set of keys in my hand. That was how I decided not to withdraw from the show after I was casted.

 

He also told me to treat the production crews as my opponents and also the house as my ring. He said that that would be the only way for me to shine and to become popular. I believed him. I tried to imagine myself on the ring and the producers as my opponents but it was difficult. The feeling was just off. I can't explain why. It was very very very different.

 

Before I got the keys and began my filming, I have read many news articles that revealed the casts I would be working with. There was one name that caught my eyes. You were right, it was none other than Park Chanyeol. I met him that day when I had my first casting audition. He was from a popular boy band called EXO. He was very tall, around 185cm according to his height profile. He was also very cute and charismatic at the same time. If my oppas found out that I had been secretly researching and reading up about him, I would never hear the end of it. They would laugh at me. They definitely will. I am sure of that. Therefore, I will make sure that they will never find out, no matter what. It will be a secret that I will bring with me to my deathbed.

 

There hadn't been much articles about my casting for the show because the public barely knew me and I was happier this way. I didn't want to know about all the negative comments but I knew that I wouldn't be able to stop myself from reading them if I ever saw them. 

 

I also read up about the other female members in the show. There were Nana, Hong Soohyun, Lee Sora and Park Bom. I kept wondering who my roommate would be and who I will be sharing my next life with. I hope that it would not be Nana or Park Bom because I wouldn't be able to comprehend their idol images or their girlie actions. But then again, the rest of the female casts were as girlie as the two of them. So I was really uncertain about what my future held for me. Maybe they should just allocate a male roommate to me. But that would be wrong too.

 

Anyway, after I received my keys. Moonhong oppa had volunteered to drive me to my new house even though it was an hour away from our gym. I thought that he had secretly wanted to bump into Lee Sora along the way because according to my other oppas, he had been a huge fan of hers. But I agreed anyway because I didn't think that I would be able to survive or handle any awkward interactions without him. He would also be a useful mover to help me with my luggages. I know I am strong, but I am still a girl afterall. I need a man. Especially after what happened... Alright, let's not talk about that.

 

However, when we arrived at the house, there were no one around. Moonhong oppa followed me into the house, which was completely empty and deserted. There were some male shoes left in the shoes cupboard so I supposed someone came and left before my arrival. With the help of my oppa, we shifted all my belongings to the second floor where my room, room number one, was located next to the stairs. 

 

Let me tell you, the house was majestic. It was so much nicer and so much more grand as compared to my old rented apartment in the countryside. There were also many entertainments like television, darts machine and even a pocketball table on the second floor! Pocketball! I know! My favourite recreational activity! Now, I no longer need to travel out of my house just to play it. I can just play it with my housemates! The thought of playing with pocketball right outside my room made me very very happy. I was an easily satisfied girl.

 

There were three beds inside my room. So, I supposed I had two other roommates who had yet to arrive. I picked the bed nearest to the window because that spot seemed to be the most comfortable one. I spreaded out all of my belongings on the bed frame and the chest-looking chair in front of my bed. That bed was mine. Chope! Ha!

 

Kudos to being early. Yaye!

 

Moonhong oppa had to leave right after he helped me settled down. I was left all alone in the house. I was bored. I decided to play a round of pocketball with myself. Smart decision, I had thought. Little did i know that my ungodly strength would cause the table legs to give way and the table to topple sideways. When it did, the first thing that came to my mind was '!' I broke one common furniture in the house within an hour of my arrival. I was doomed. It felt as though the day was ruined. I called Moonhong oppa for help but he had already left. So I tried my best to fix it back. But it was broken already.

 

I decided that I should stop exploring the house in case I break anything else. So I lay on my bed and listened to the new songs that I had just downloaded. Diary, please do not laugh at me or judge me. Because the new song in my phone was none other than EXO's Growl. I downloaded it before I left house in the morning. The song was so good. It was so addictive. I really pray and hope that nobody will find out about my new playlist. Else, I will be doomed. I had it on replay mode every minute.

 

I was about to doze off when I heard somebody entering the house. I quickly rushed down to meet my new housemates for the first time. Right below the stairs was Soohyun unnie, Minwoo oppa and Kangjoon oppa. They had just came back from a round of grocery shopping, judging by the plastic bags that they were carrying. I knew who they were because I had done some research on them as well. I could recognise them perfectly because they looked exactly the same as their pictures on the net. Unfortunately for me, that research didn't make the entire meeting less awkward. 

 

I greeted them politely because I had found out just this morning that I was the youngest member in the house. It basically meant that I had to be polite and respect everyone else in the house and I had to do all the ty household chores simply because I am the maknae. I was not exactly complaining because, well, being the youngest did have its perks. But I really hated being the youngest to be honest. In Road FC, I was already the youngest fighter. Now, I had to suffer twice every single day. to be a 94'er. to be me.

 

Anyway, after a series of awkward meetings with the rest of the senior casts (I really wished that they had a pre-filming meeting to break the ice) and a near-death situation with Sora unnie over the bed allocation in our room (yes, I forgot to mention that Sora and Bom unnie were my designated roommates for the show), I went to bed really early because I was extremely tired out from all the social interactions today.

 

I am current hiding inside my blanket and writing this diary entry before I sleep. Moonhong oppa had suggested the diary-keeping idea because he said that it would help me sort out my emotions and feelings better. It was an extremely girlie activity; but I did it anyway because like I said, I am a girl!

 

It was a pity though, because I did not get to meet Chanyeol oppa during the first day of filming. I overheard Seho oppa telling Sungwoo oppa during dinner that Chanyeol was the first to shift in earlier in the day but he left for his schedule right after. Apparently, EXO had a comeback planned for this month and he would hardly be home because of that. I guess being an idol was not an easy job. Lack of sleep and time was extremely common. And I guess I wouldn't be able to meet him for a while. :( I was kind of disappointed because I was expecting to meet him formally in the house today.

 

Well, I hope I would wake up to seeing him tomorrow in the morning though! Diary, please let it not be an awkward meeting! Till then. Goodnight for now :)

 

Hello guys! I am back with a short update! Hope you guys like it! It would be more fun when Gayeon finally meets Chanyeol! Till then, stay tuned!