Chapter Two

Photographic Hearts

Hongbin mentally prepared himself for whatever was in the house, knowing that whatever this was, he'd have to face it, he entered the house, closing the door very carefully behind him. He approached the middle room, looking for any signs that someone else had been there, there was nothing. The contents on the table were in the exact same position, that old looking photo was in the same place that he put it, he couldn't seem to find anything that was out of place.

"Oh You're back, nice to know that you started caring about me" The voice called.

"Can you tell me where you are?" Hongbin asked.

"Wow you really are stupid. I'm exactly where you left me, and here's a tip for you, if you're going to interrupt me in my resting place, remember that you moved me and put me back after, kids these days.." The voice taunted.

" I never imagined that my imagination would be this irritating" Hongbin thought. He then moved over to the couch, if he was going to argue, he might as well make sure that he was sitting on a soft surface while doing so. He lifted up the old frame and placed it on the table, examining the photo.

"I know I'm beautiful, but you don't have to stare at me" the voice spoke.

Hongbin jumped up from his seat, dropping the frame back onto the couch, backing away as fast as he could, he reached out for the remote that was resting on the TV stand, if he had to, he could be hurt someone with one of them, he grabbed it and moved towards the couch area.

"Who said that? I'm warning you, I'm not afraid to use this" Hongbin shouted

"Really, what are you going to do with that, papercut me to death? You people make me laugh" The voice taunted.

Hongbin looked down into his hand and was surprised to find a menu in his hand, rather than a remote.

"Yes, something like that. Papercuts hurt, and I will do it" Hongbin stuttered.

Before the voice had a chance to respond, Hongbin quickly glanced over the photo frame, planning to use it as his next weapon, but suddenly fell backwards. "D-did that photo just move?" Hongbin thought.

"Oh get up. You're just acting stupid now" The person in the photo spoke once more.

"Is this some sort of joke? This can't be real, photos can't talk, they can't" Hongbin tried to reason with himself.

"No, sadly this is not a joke" The voice sighed.

"Oh I'm not crazy, well that's one thing to be happy about. But how is this possible? I know I'm not delusional.. I can't be. Maybe it's one of them electric moving photos? No. It can't be. It's an old picture" Hongbin thought.

Hongbin sat down and picked up the frame, holding it in front of him.

"How did you get like this?" Hongbin asked him.

"I can't remember, this is all I've ever known" He responded

"What's your name?" Hongbin asked.

"My name is Hakyeon" he responded, with a defeated tone.

"Hakyeon... Cha Hakyeon?" Hongbin asked.

"Yes, how did you know?" Hakyeon asked him.

"I read the article about you" Hongbin told him

"Article? What article? Who wrote an article about me? Does someone else know that I'm like this?" Hakyeon flooded Hongbin with several questions.

"Wait, I'll show you" Hongbin responded. He opened the internet browser on his phone and held the screen up to the frame so Hakyeon could read it. Hakyeon slowly read the text, and unknowingly felt a single tear running down his cheek.

"This... This is me, but that never happened to me.. I don't remember that happening. I don't remember my childhood at all, actually" Hakyeon sighed deeply.

"So you're not always obnoxious" Hongbin smiled

"Yes, but you're always stupid. I have a real issue about why you thought that I wasn't real, is it really that weird?" Hakyeon asked

"No. It's just that I've had issues in the past and I really thought that I was imagining it" Hongbin explained it.

"Okay i've been here for the past few years, how about you act like a reasonable human and take me somewhere else"


Yay I updated~!