Chapter One

Photographic Hearts

Hongbin never really liked being at his mother's house alone, it always gave him this odd and creepy feeling, but being the great son he was, cleaning up his mother's room full of random junk was something that he wanted to do while she was away. He had never really been in the room, his mother had always told him not to go in there because she didn't want him to mess it up, but he was unsure of that now, it was already too messy for anyone to mess it up any further. 

He quickly sifted through a few boxes, there was nothing interesting in them. Old cards, recipts, and other random papers. Hongbin was questioning why he was even doing this, until he opened a box that contained several old framed photographs , being a photographer, this was certainly something that he had an interest in, he also found a really old polaroid camera, he placed it aside, hoping that he could use it for something. 

He looked through the seemingly endless pile of photos of his relatives, there was a really cute one of his father holding him as a baby. He eventually got to the last photo in the box, and this one was very different than the other ones, this one was in black in white, and it was of someone that he didn't recognize. Hongbin had remembered seeing this photo before, his mum had it up on the wall when he was a child, but whenever he asked her about it, she would always just tell him that it wasn't important, and when they moved from that house, he never saw that photo again, until now.

Upon further investigation, he noticed that it wasn't really a photograph, rather something printed on old paper, it looked like like it was from a newspaper. Hongbin walked into the middle room, sat down on the couch and placed the frame against the couch, he then took a photo of it, and ran it through imaging software online, to see if he could figure out where it came from. It took him a while, but eventually he found an article, he read it. 

"1992 CHILD ABDUCTION MYSTERY HAS NEW EVIDENCE" 

"In 1992, 2 year old Cha Hakyeon was abducted from his home at 4:30 in the morning, after 15 years with no information, on the 30th of March, 2007, someone with Cha Hakyeon's appearance was spotted sitting alone in a park in Seoul. No one can confirm whether or not this was Cha Hakyeon, however photograph aging experts are adiment that this photo was of the missing child"

At the top of the page, Hongbin noticed the photo, which was in color "ah that makes sense, the photo was just a print off, in black and white" Hongbin thought, but why would his mother have this photo, he'd have to ask her when she got back. Hongbin returned to the room to clean up, when suddenly he heard a noise, that sounded like a voice

"Hello...? Who's there?" Hongbin stuttered

He grabbed the polaroid camera from the room and clutched it against his chest, he slowly walked towards the middle room, hoping that it was his imagination "I seriously need to see my therapist again"  he said to himself.

"Oh really? A camera, I'm so scared, what were you gonna do? Throw it at me, very classy" The voice echoed across the room.

Hongbin backed towards the wall, shaking and stuttering, he'd heard things that weren't there before, everyone had, but this.. this couldn't be his imagination, could it..?

"Do you mind turning me around? I'd love to see how scared you look right now" The voice taunted. 

Hongbin looked around the room, but after seeing nothing, he sighed. He never knew that his imagination was this annoying. He walked out of the room. He walked into the kitchen and got himself a glass of water.

"Oh I see how it is, you left me, just like everyone else does" The voice called out.

"Okay you know what, I'm not dealing with this today" Hongbin shouted, as he practically ran out of the house, slamming the door behind him 


Hongbin arrived home, sat back on the couch and rested his feet on the table in front of him. He closed his eyes, maybe a small nap would stop him from overthinking, he was almost asleep, only to be interuppted by his phone ringing, he leaned over and grabbed it.

"Hello?" He asked

"Hello, it's Sanghyuk from 'Blue Room psychology services' your mother contacted me, she believes that you had a mental breakdown, would you like to speak about that?"

"What happened to Minkyung? I think she has all my files" Hongbin promptly asked

"Ms Cho no longer works here, and I have taken on all of her cases. If you don't want to speak about this over the phone, I'd be happy to arrange an appointment for you" He told him.

"Yeah sure, whatever" Hongbin responded, with a vast disinterest in the conversation.

"Okay, does tomorrow at 10:00 sound good to you?" Sanghyuk asked. 

"I'm actually busy tomorrow. I'd like to speak to Minkyung. Can you give me her number?"

"Sorry, but is against our privacy policy to share phone details of present or past workers. But if you're not available tomorrow, I'll come now. You're talking on the phone now, and it's already pretty late, so I'm sure that you're not busy, I'll be there in around five minutes" 

"But you don't even know where I live" 

"I have your file, don't go out, I'll be there soon" 

Hongbin rolled his eyes, and hung up the phone. 

A few minutes later, Hongbin, after hearing the sound of a car door opening outside, walked towards the door and opened it. He saw a tall looking child standing at the door.

"Are you selling candy?" Hongbin asked.

"No, I'm Sanghyuk, I just spoke to you on the phone, may I come in?" He asked, however walked in before waiting for a response. 

"Okay I'm sorry, but I'm really not in the mood today, and I'd actually like if you left" Hongbin said, whilst pointing toward the door.

"You don't want me to leave, I can see it in your eyes. You're just very tired and confused right now, sit down and we can speak about this" Sanghyun tried to calm him down.

"Listen kid, I don't really need psychological advice from a 14 year old"

"I'm 20, and I can see that you don't really want to speak about this, so let me just ask you a few questions so I can get to know you better, and then I'll leave" Sanghyuk reasoned with him. 

Hongbin just simply nodded. 

"Okay because we're friends, now you can just call me Hyuk. Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?" 

"Uhhh. I'm Hongbin, I run a photography blog that no one cares about, in fact you can actually read about me on there" 

"No that's okay, so according to your mother something happened today when you were there, I'm guessing that someone saw you run out of the house and then told her. Did something you see trigger you?" Sanghyuk asked. 

"Not really, I was cleaning out a room, and then I heard voices, and that's all" Hongbin told him.

"I think there's something that you're not telling me, your mum mentioned that you may have seen something in one of the boxes that disturbed you"

"Uhh not really, there was this newspaper article that was kind of interesting, but I didn't pay much attention to it, I don't really remember what it was about" Hongbin explained.

"There doesn't seem to be much that I can do now, I think the best thing to do would be to go back to the house and see if it happens again" 

Sanghyuk stood up, and he walked towards the door.

'My number is in your phone, call me when you need me" He said, and then shut the door behind him.

"What a strange kid" Hongbin said to himself.

 


Yo, so this was basically a kinda intro chapter, Hongbin will meet Hakyeon next chapter, and Sanghyuk is also an important character. I will also introduce the other VIXX members fairly soon too.

This took me so long to write, you have no idea, anyhow, should have another chapter up soon. 

Also, thank you everyone for waiting so long for this story, I changed it a bit.