The beginning

The Test Of Time

 


 

 

Autumn.

 

The time of year where the weather begins to cool down, and you get to pull out that really awesome, cozy sweater you waited so long to wear again. The leaves turning beautiful shades of yellow and red, gently blowing in the wind, surrounding you in a tornado of colour. Let's not forget that fantastic pair of fuzzy mittens and boots that kept you so warm on even the coldest days. Which meant today, since it was freezing when I walked out of the dorm.

 

My mission: make it to the library before I freeze to death.

 

The wind was blowing at a speed and with the strength that could sweep me off my feet, and into the night. The more I pushed through this hell, the heavier my bag became. My pace slowed as I became tired, the brownstone buildings surrounding these cross paths I walked upon, seemed to be farther than ever.

 

I counted down the path stones til I would reach the library, but my counting was interrupted when my head collided with what seemed to be a brick wall.

 

“Ouch.” I rubbed my head sourly as I looked up to see who this jerk was, to my surprise it was infinite's oh-so-charming Hoya.

 

“Watch it.” Hoya lazily acknowledged my presence before looking into the night sky.

 

This gave me a second to take in his appearance, from his messy hair to his fluffy sweater and ripped jeans, everything seemed to fit well together.

 

“Stop looking at me like that. I feel like I'm your science experiment or something.” His eyes finally meeting mine.

 

“You're going to catch a cold in an outfit like that.”

 

“Why would you care if I got a cold?” Hoya raised his head to stare back up to the sky.

 

“To be truthful, I wouldn't care. I just thought I would tell you.” With a swift side step, I was back on my way to the library.

 

.........

 

And ..3...2..1.” A small smile appeared on my face as I stepped upon the final stone that edged the front steps of the library.

 

My efforts had payed off and without hesitation, I climbed the stairs and pushed the library doors wide.

 

Sets of curious eyes peered at me before continuing their previous activities. The doors shut behind me and warmth flooded into my body. I adjusted my eyes to the dim lighting before settling my stuff onto one of the old study tables.

 

This library was ancient, complete with the worn, wooden bookshelves that seemed to reach the sky and lamps that I swore survived multiple wars.

 

This is only my 1000 th time in this library, but that didn't stop me from being amazed at the thousands of books that collected dust on these elderly shelves.

 

Being in my first year at Seoul university gives me a great excuse to spend majority of my time at the library. I should be only in the library when writing papers and studying for various examinations, but being the bookworm I am, it would be to difficult to spend my time any place else.

The night drew to a close quickly. Once the clock struck 11 o'clock, the librarian threw everyone out, rather harshly, leaving us all in the cold. Within minutes, I was the only one left walking the path stones, reminiscing about my few months in this place called university. 

It seemed my life was perfect- carefree, getting to visit my brother and his friends, living with Bom. Everything just seemed to fit....

I was proven VERY wrong with the events of the next coming months, because if anything, everything was far from perfect.

 


Thank you for reading my story, please leave comments and/or subscribe.^_^

For all you wondering why this chapter is so boring, I just wanted a simple chapter before things get heavy.