I Choose You

Playlists

Kim Taeng, your average nerdy type of guy.

Ever since he was young, Taeng always got picked on by some of his classmates because of how he dressed. He never minded though, he’ll just let them as much as they want and after that he’ll smile at them then leave.

Everyone deemed at him as a weirdo, who never talks unless his being directly asked to or you’re his buddy, Kwon Yul. Even when he reached high school and his sense of fashion changes a bit, and girls started to notice him, he still never talks.

But things change when an exchange student suddenly comes to his life. When the girl approached him, everyone thought the same thing ‘poor girl, she’ll just be ignored’ but a shocked came to them when Taeng smiled to the girl and shook her hand while letting out a chuckle.

“Nice to see you again, Taetae.” The girl said while giving a smile of her own that captures not only Taeng’s heart but everyone that is witnessing this rare moment.

-

Tiffany Hwang, your overachiever and talented type of girl.

Ever since she was young, she was liked by everyone. No one dares to bully her because they know they won’t stand a chance. Even though she’s friendly and nice to everyone but if decided to mess with her or her best friend, you better run run devil run ‘cause she won’t let you get away with whatever you did to her.

She’s a social butterfly, that is given but she only have two real friends, named Sunny and Jessica. She hates those typed of people who’ll only befriended you because they know they have something to gain from you. She have a knack on reading people by looking on their eyes, she’ll know if you’re being sincere or not.

During high school, she needed to go back to her home town , leaving her friends behind but they promised to join her there the next year. She’s a bit nervous since she haven’t been there since she’s 6 but a certain memory from the past made her smile and she thought quietly if that person stick to his promise.

She found out that person’s school and asked her parents to enroll her there which they gladly complied knowing their daughter’s real reason. As she walked through the hallway, every student that she passes by looked at her but she didn’t bother to give them a smile, reserving it to that person she’s dying to see since she got back.

She entered his room and approached him, the rapid mutters and soft mumbling got her eyebrow raised but she didn’t mind them one bit, thinking that she’ll just ask him what was it later. As she reached his desk, she cleared softly making him look up at her, she saw a smile formed on his lips, she then shook his hand and finally giving him the smile that only belonged to him.

“Nice to finally see you again, Fany-ah” he said

-

After the small exchange of words, the two decided to talk further later at lunch. Two classes later, both Tiffany and Taeng are seated on a secluded part of the cafeteria away from the watchful eyes of everyone.

Curious glances are thrown towards their table, whispers of jealousy and envy arises as they watch the two talked comfortably but a certain table keep their gaze on the new student and a very particular girl isn’t very happy of what’s happening.

She stood up, walking towards Taeng and Tiffany’s table, while hiking her short skirt up and ing her blouse. When she reached their table, she cleared aloud making the two turn their heads towards her. She smiled widely at Taeng while she give Tiffany a glare which she didn’t even hide, in return Tiffany raised her left eyebrow while an amused smile is creeping up her lips.

“Oppaaaaa ~” the girl said with so much aegyo that if heard her, you’ll start puking

Taeyeon only answers her with an eyebrow raised while Tiffany is trying so hard not to laugh. The girl saw what Tiffany is trying to do and that only fired up her jealousy as she blatantly glares at her.

The girl takes a seat beside Taeng and wrapped her arms around his while pushing her towards him, that makes Tiffany’s eyebrow raised higher and her nose flaring up. Taeng saw this and he knew that he’s in a big trouble if he didn’t keep this girl away from him. Tiffany turns her gaze towards him while she leans in her seat, arms crossed with her left eyebrow still raised.

The girl saw that she hit something in Tiffany but what she didn’t know, she just put herself in a life-threatening situation.

"Umm.. Hyuna-ssi can you kindly let go of me now ?" Taeng said as he tried to pried Hyuna's arm away to him but she clings too tight and he can feel her pressing her to him.

“But oppaaaaa ~, didn’t you asked me to be your girlfriend yesterday and to be your prom date too ~ ?”

Tiffany gritted her teeth at what she heard and temperature at the cafeteria suddenly dropped, everyone can feel coldness seeping through their skin, this is much worse than Elsa’s power they thought.

Taeng’s eyes almost fall out of their socket and he immediately turn his gaze to Tiffany, and the sight the life out of him. Hyuna leans her face towards his and she notice that he froze, she was about to put her palm on his face when a loud bang caught her by surprise.

There stood in front of her a very calm Tiffany but her eyes said it all, Hyuna can feel the coldness through it. She gulped when she saw Tiffany leans in, just an inch above her face with a sweet smile.

Her sweet smile creeps out everyone around her especially the one receiving it directly, if anyone would see Tiffany with that smile, they would think she’s thinking of flowers and butterflies but in truth she already killed Hyuna in her head a countless of time.

“Listen here you girl and every other girl in this school. This man you’re clinging to is my man and will always be my man. Try to flirt with him or just try approaching him with that stupid aegyo of yours and I’ll make sure neither all of you will the sunrise. Get it ?” Tiffany said while tucking a strand of Hyuna’s hair behind her ear.

Hyuna plus the others simultaneously nod their head, fearing for their life. Hyuna immediately let go of Taeng’s arm while she stumble to get back to her own table and act like nothing happened.

When Taeng managed to look in Tiffany’s eyes, he saw the tears welling up in her eyes but before he could react, she run out of the cafeteria. Though she’s new to the school, her feet leads her to the rooftop as the tears continuous to roll down her cheeks.

She knew Taeng isn’t that type of guy but it hurts to hear someone claiming him theirs. It only means that Taeng haven’t told a soul that he is taken, by her. She hears the rooftop door swung open and immediately knew that it was Taeng.

She hears hurried footsteps behind her but she didn’t look at him, she then feels his arms wrapped around her waist and they both sighed. He turned her to face him, he then wiped away those tears and kissed her forehead.

“I’m sorry baby. I didn’t tell anyone because I don’t think I have too but I should’ve known that it’ll hurt you. It’s insensitive of me, I’m really sorry.” He kissed her again on her forehead and he heard her sigh, that’s when he knows his forgiven.

She wrapped her arms around his waist and she feels him, hugged back tightly. She nuzzled her face on his neck, inhaling his scent at the same time before pulling away.

“So you won’t take that girl to prom ?” she said with a hint of jealousy in her voice, she pouts and her brows furrowed as an image of him taking another girl at the prom.

He kissed her forehead again, successfully making creases away “Oh hell no babe! You know I won’t be going to prom since you aren’t here but now that you’re here, I have the right to flaunt my date and make everyone jealous.”

She smiled that favorite smile of his, where both of eyes turns into perfect crescent plus that totoro smile on her lips. Her body is tingling with happiness and she can feel the flattering butterflies are dancing inside of her.

“Always remember this okay ? I’d always choose you. Even if they laid out all the prettiest girls in this world, I’d still choose you because for me you’re the most beautiful creature alive. And here’s a poem for you: Charmanders are red. Squirtles are blue. If you were a pokemon, I’d choose you. Your smile is stronger than a hyperbeam. Like Jesse and James, we’d make the perfect team. I’ll stay by your side like Pikachu and ash, and I’ll love you more than a level 80 rapidash, you’re more legendary than a zapados, entei or mew. But our of all 450, I choose you.

So Fany-ah, will you be the peanut butter to my jelly ? Will you be my prom date ?.”

Taeng kneeled as he took a box and opened it, showing a knot ring that looked like a pretzel, a promise ring. Tiffany tear up, she knew that he isn’t proposing but the words that he said overwhelmed her. She nodded her head vigorously as she let him slid the ring on her ring finger.

When he stood up, she immediately kissed him. Showing him how happy she is right now. They kissed passionately as he pulls her closer to him, they reluctantly pulled away ‘cause they needed oxygen. Taeng pressed their foreheads together as they both smiled like a fool.

He looked into those chocolate brown eyes, letting himself get lose into those eyes. He leaned closer as if personally space didn’t matter to him, his lips stayed an inch above her lips as he whispered those three words that she’s been wanting to hear.

“I love you Fany-ah.”

“I love you too Taetae. And I’d choose you too. Always.”

 


 

Disclaimer: That poem isn't from me. I just saw it on twitter.

Here's an update !

Hope you enjoy ^^. Comment and subscribe ~