Chapter 1

You Are My Cure

Chapter 1: The Beginning

 

 

- " Another boring year of school ". Jin Hee mumbled to herself as she was brushing her teeth while looking herself at the mirror. 

 

Jin Hee was studying at the most expensive private school in the whole Seoul, Seoul Foreign High School, where people from overseas come to study and learn languages. Also it's a school where most of the richest students attend. Since her family wasn't as wealthy as they were, thanks to Soo Young's boyfriend Taecyeon, he insisted in pay for Jin Hee's education so she can effort her future by studying in a private school. Jin Hee and family were thankful that Soo Young met a man like Taecyeon. Not just because he is rich and handsome, also because he is caring toward them and so his parents. Taecyeon took care a lot of Jin Hee as if she was his sister since he's only child.

Jin Hee finished using the bathroom and headed downstairs to eat breakfast.

 

- " Good morning everyone ". Jin Hee greeted as she sat across her older sister, Soo Young.

- " Good morning ". Soo Young smiled at her before continue eating her breakfast.

 

Jin Hee's father turned to Jin Hee and handed her her breakfast and kissed the top of her head.

 

- " Is my princess excited to go back to school? ". Mr Choi asked.

 

Jin Hee shrugged her shoulders with a smile and started eating.

 

 

Before Jin Hee could turn 7, her mother and her father had a big fight about the economy of her family. Her father was working as a manager in a post office but he didn't to much money so he could pay for his daughters education and then he got fired. To her mother's concern, she also tried to find a job, but no one wanted to accept her. After the big fight, Jin Hee's mother packed her stuff and left the house when everyone was sleeping. That would have been the last time Jin Hee saw her mother.

 

- " Oh Jin Hee, I forgot to tell you. I will started to work at the grocery store from 8 am to 10 pm so I won't be able to pick you up ". Her father said as he munched a piece of egg roll.

- " Don't worry, I will take the bus or go by foot ". She said as she cleaned with the napkin.

- " Jin Hee-ah, unnie will work at the BBQ restaurant at downtown after my classes in college from today. If you want, you can go there after school and we can have dinner there. My treat ". Soo Young said.

- " That will be great, then you two can go home together ". Mr Choi said.

- " Sure unnie ". Jin Hee smiled and stood up to take the dish to the dishwasher.

 

 

After breakfast, Jin Hee and Soo Young headed to the front door and they put their shoes on. 

 

Jin Hee's outfit: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Soo Young's outfit:

 

 

 

- " Wait ". Soo Young stopped Jin Hee. " Jin Hee, are you really going to wear those? ". Soo Young asked as she pointed at Jin Hee's shoes. Jin Hee looked down and sighed.

- " These are the only I have ".

 

Soo Young sighed and looked though the shoe shelves and pulled out a box before passing it to Jin Hee.

 

- " Wear these one. They are new ". Soo Young said.

 

Jin Hee opened the box and gasped.

 

 

 

- " Unnie! Where did you get those?! ". Jin Hee whispered loudly.

- " I bought at the mall Taecyeon oppa's dad manages. And Taecyeon chose it for you ".

- " Unnie, it looks expensive ". 

- " Hey, you deserve to wear pretty things. Now put off the old ones and change into the new ones ".

 

Jin Hee obeyed and changed her shoes. Soo Young scanned her and smiled.

 

- " You look pretty ". She put her thumbs up.

- " Thanks ". Jin Hee giggled.

- " OK, we better get going before you are late for school. Bye dad! ".

- " Bye dad! ".

- " Bye girls!~ ".

 

 

 

 

 

Jin Hee bid goodbye to her sister and walked toward the school gates. She got in and headed to her locker. As she opened it, she started looking for her notebooks when she heard some giggles and gasps near her. Curious, she turned her head to the noise and saw Mi Joo and her group talking while Mi Joo showed her new shoes to her friends.

 

 

 

- " My dad bought when he was on his trip in Paris. And you know what? This edition isn't out yet and it won't until next fall ". Mi Joo giggled as she lifted her legs a little to show them to her friends.

- " Oh my gosh! Those are the prettiest boots I ever seen in my life! ". One of Mi Joo's friend, Ye Ni exclaimed.

- " Yeah! I envy you ". Her friend Ko Eun said.

 

Mi Joo shrugged her shoulders and laughed. Jin Hee sighed. " How many shoes is she buying? She bought like 30 before summer vacation. I bet she also bought the all summer collection in ZARA ". Jin Hee thought as she went back to get her things. As she closed her locker, she started walking on the corridors as she heard people talking to her while passing.

 

- " Hey Jin Hee, nice shoes ".

- " Wow~ Jin Hee, I like your shoes. They fit you well ".

 

Jin Hee just bowed her head while passing.

 

Even though she wasn't wealthy, at least some people were nice to her. But, that doesn't mean she could trust them or open up to them easily. She was the shy type and also she had suffered some issues before to make her lost her confidence to people. She was able to help people with homeworks or work but never to be friends.

 

As she entered in the classroom, someone blocked her way. She looked up and saw the last person she wanted to see.

 

- " What do you want Sung Joo? ". Jin Hee asked coldly while glaring at Sung Joo. He scoffed as he shoved his hands on his pockets.

- " Woa~ No hello or good morning? That really hurts, Choi Jin Hee ". Sung Joo said as he rested a hand on his chest.

 

Jin Hee rolled her eyes and slightly pushed him and passed him and finally sat on her desk near the window. 

 

- " Did he really think that he can be friendly to me after what he had done? ". She whispered as she shook her head in disbelief and placed her backpack on the desk's rack and pulled out her pencil case and a book and started reading.

 

The bell rang and everyone entered in their respective classrooms. Then the homeroom teacher entered in.

 

- " Good morning everyone ". 

- " Good morning Ms Kang ".

- " OK, today we have two new students. Please, come in ".

 

The door opened when Ms Kang called them and two foreign boys entered in. Jin Hee looked up for while before going back to her book, not even interested in the new students.

 

- " Please introduce yourselves ". Ms Kang said politely with a smile.

- " What's up guys! I'm Jackson Wang from Hong Kong ". He waved and the girls start screaming and fangirling while the boys just looked at them annoyed and others just scoffed.

- " Hello, my name is Mark and I'm from L.A. Please take care of me ". He said as he bowed to the class and both of them received claps.

- " OK, now you can go to your seats. Wait, let's see. Jackson you can sit with..... the classroom's president. Cha Min Hyuk, raise your hand ". 

 

Then Min Hyuk raised his hand and Jackson immediately went to him and greeted at him with bumping their fists.

 

- " And Mark, you can sit with...... ". Ms Kang scanned the classroom until she spotted a place besides Jin Hee. " You can sit with Jin Hee. Choi Jin Hee raise your hand ".

 

Jin Hee looked up with widen eyes. She gulped and slowly raised her hand. Mark bowed to Ms Kang before heading to Jin Hee and sitting next to her. She silently cursed herself as she looked away from him. Surprisingly, he didn't greet her. In fact, he just shoved his hands on his pockets and leaned back as Jin Hee glanced at him. Jin Hee silently scoffed before going back to her reading. As always, school started with new schedule, about the activities for the school and the extra programs that students can participate. 

 

After three periods passed, the bell rang and now it was break time. Jin Hee kept in her seat and continue reading her book. Just then, she heard a male voice coming to her way.

 

- " Hey man! How is school so far? ". Jackson asked at Mark while sitting on his desk.

- " Fine ". Mark simply said. 

 

Jackson glanced at Jin Hee and smiled.

 

- " Hi, I'm Jackson ". 

 

Jin Hee looked up and gave him a slight nod before going back to her book. Jackson frowned but managed to keep the conversation.

 

- " So..... you are Choi Jin Hee, right? ". He asked. She looked up and gave him a nod before going back to her book.

 

Jackson pouted and patted Mark's shoulder.

 

- " Yah, is she shy? Have you talked to her? ". He asked. Mark just shrugged his shoulder and plugged his headphones as he closed his eyes and crossed his arms. " Tsk.. thanks a lot for the information, dude ". Jackson made a face before going back to his desk while socializing with the other students.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was finally lunch time as Jin Hee headed to her locker to place her backpack inside before heading to the cafeteria. As she closed her locker, someone stopped her.

 

- " Jin Hee-ah! ". A female voice called.

 

Jin Hee frozed. " No please, not her ". She sighed as she turned around and faced Ji Yeon, the most popular girl in this school.

 

- " Hi ". Ji Yeon greeted her.

- " Hi ". Jin Hee simply said.

- " So... how was your summer vacation? ".

- " It was fine, yours? ".

- " Fine too ". Ji Yeon said while nodding. " Look, I'm here to talk to you. I just want to say, I'm sorry ".

 

Jin Hee raised her eyebrow, confused.

 

- " Why are you apologizing? ". Jin Hee asked.

- " For what happened a year ago. About how you figured out about Wenhan dating me. I swear, I didn't know he was dating you in that time and I wanted to apologize for breaking your heart, I know it must be hard for you ". 

 

Jin Hee looked away and looked back at Ji Yeon with her innocent eyes.

 

- " That really happened? ". She said with a smile and Ji Yeon looked at her confused. " I don't even remember anything of that ".

- " Jin Hee-ah... ".

- " That is in the past now, so don't worry. You can free with dating Wenhan ". Jin Hee said as she gave her a weak smile.

- " Actually, I broke up with him... two weeks ago ". Ji Yeon said and Jin Hee's eyes widened.

- " Oh gosh, I'm sorry.... I didn't know that ". She paused. " Then what happened? ".

- " The same way as you. Typical from Wenhan, huh? ". Ji Yeon scoffed. " Anyways, I'm better without him. He doesn't worth anything from me ". 

 

Jin Hee nodded by Ji Yeon's comment.

 

- " Anyways, I came here to make the paces with you. Can we start all over again? As friends? ". Ji Yeon asked.

 

Jin Hee bit her bottom lip as she looked away.

 

- " Please, I really wanna make things up with you ". Jin Yeon pleaded.

 

Jin Hee sighed and looked away before looking back at her.

 

- " OK, we could try ". Jin Hee awkwardly said. Ji Yeon smiled and hugged Jin Hee.

- " Thank you, Jin Hee. Thank you, thank you! ". Ji Yeon exclaimed as she pulled her away. " So what do you want to eat? My treat today! ".

- " Oh no, it's okay. I have my money any- ".

- " It's a way to show you how sorry I am ".

- " Well, just for today ". Jin Hee awkwardly scratched the back of her neck.

 

Ji Yeon smiled and linked arms with her and the two walked toward the cafeteria.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mark was having lunch with Jackson when someone people came to their table.

 

- " You guys came in time! ". Jackson exclaimed as he greeted the members. 

 

Mark and Jackson are in a group called GOT7 composed by 7 members including them. The creation of GOT7 is unknown for everyone including the both of them but somehow they end up being in it and they become the most popular group in the school. 

 

- " Hey guys! How was school so far? Did you make new friends? ". Bambam asked as he stuck out his lollipop from his mouth.

- " Just fine ". Mark simply said as he munched a piece of chips.

- " You are really excited in being in school, right Mark? ". JB teased.

 

Mark rolled his eyes and continue eating his chips.

 

- " Oh guys, you know I saw someone in my class today ". Jr suddenly said.

- " And who it was? ". Jackson asked.

- " Well... ". Jr glanced at Mark and was about to say it when he was cut off by someone's presence.

 

- " Hello brother ". A male voice said.

 

Mark looked up and glared at the person besides him.

 

- " What do you want Wenhan? ". Mark asked annoyed by his presence.

- " I just came here to say hi to my brother. Also to welcome you and your friends to my school ". He smirked. Jackson scoffed and put an arm around Mark's shoulder.

- " Your school? Who are you? The school's most popular guy? ". Jackson asked in a mocking way which made Wenhan scoffed.

- " Yes I am ". 

 

Just then, four other boys came behind Wenhan.

 

- " And who are those people? ". Youngjae asked pointing at the four guys.

- " These guys are my friends ". Wenhan pointed and looked back at Mark. " Have a nice day ". He winked at him. Mark growled while glaring at him. 

 

Wenhan scoffed and was about to leave when he spotted two people walking to his way.

 

- " What a surprise... ". Wenhan smirked.

 

- " And what happened? ". Jin Hee asked with interest while listening to Ji Yeon's vacation in USA.

- " Of course I was really excited to meet her. I asked her if I could take a picture with her and she gladly said yes! You know, I was lucky to find Taylor Swift in the outisde of Beverly Hills! ". Ji Yeon exclaimed as Jin Hee laughed.

- " That must have been really excited ". Jin Hee said.

- " Then one day after we graduate from high school, let's got to USA together! ".

- " Is that okay for you? ".

- " Why not? We are friends now ". Ji Yeon smiled.

 

The two girls giggled until someone called.

 

- " Yah Choi Jin Hee! ".

 

Jin Hee frozed after hearing a familiar voice.

 

" Oh crap! ". She thought as she looked up and met with Wenhan's gaze. Ji Yeon also looked at Wenhan and frowned. The two slowly started to walk toward Wenhan until they stopped in front of him. 

 

Jin Hee just stayed in silence while looking away. Wenhan smirked as he glanced between her and Ji Yeon. 

 

- " Long time no seeing you, Jin Hee ". Wenhan finally said. " You even got prettier ".

- " What do you want Wenhan? ". Ji Yeon asked as she linked arms with Jin Hee. Wenhan scoffed after seeing her action.

- " Since when are you friends with Ji Yeon, Jin Hee? ". Wenhan asked, which caught Mark's attention after hearing his ex-girlfriend's name and looked up at the scene.

- " Since today ". Ji Yeon snapped.

- " I was asking to Jin Hee ". Wenhan said.

- " Like if you have the rights to talk to her after what you did to her ". Ji Yeon scoffed.

- " I was going to ask the same to you. Since when did you have the guts to talk to her? ". Wenhan asked as he raised an eyebrow.

 

Jin Hee gulped after finally taking the guts to talk.

 

- " She came to apologize to me ". Jin Hee said.

- " And you forgave her? Wow~ Such as an easy and weak person. Still the same, right Jin Hee? ". Wenhan said in an mocking way.

 

Jin Hee glared at him as she gripped her fists.

 

- " Yah, watch your mouth Li Wenhan! ". Ji Yeon snapped.

- " Or what? Will you accuse me to your dad? Uhh~ I'm so scared ". Wenhan mocked as he pretended to be scared while his friends laughed by his comment.

- " Come on, Jin Hee. We don't deserve to be near by this bastard ". Ji Yeon said as she dragged Jin Hee with her and passed Wenhan and his group.

 

Wenhan sighed as he looked at the girls leaving.

 

- " What was all that for? ". Mark suddenly asked while looking at Wenhan. Wenhan looked at him and smirked.

- " Come on guys, let's go ". Wenhan said as he started walking away from GOT7's table along with the rest of UNIQ's members.

 

Bambam, YuGyeom and Youngjae looked to each other before turning there attentions to Mark.

 

- " Hyung, who was that guy? ". Bambam asked.

- " And who were those girls? Do you know them? ". YuGyeom asked.

- " The guy you saw was Li Wenhan, Mark's stepbrother ". JB said.

- " And those girls, one of them is in our class. Her name is Choi Jin Hee, Mark's seatmate ". Jackson explained. " And the girl is Park Ji Yeon, Mark's.... ".

- " Ex-girlfriend.... ". Mark mumbled.

 

The three youngest just nodded in silence as they went back to eat, not wanting to disturb their hyung.

 

- " Hey, are you okay? ". Jr asked while patting his back. Mark just nodded and looked back at the door where Jin Hee and Ji Yeon left.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

- " Argg, I don't know how can you tolerate him Jin Hee, you should have kick in his stomach or something ". Ji Yeon said as the two of them were going to Ji Yeon's locker. " Thanks to him, we couldn't eat lunch ". She pouted and crossed her arms.

 

Jin Hee giggled and rubbed her arm.

 

- " It's okay, I wasn't hungry anyways ".

- " That's why I have a plan B ". Ji Yeon smirked and opened her locker, revealing a glamourous lunch box.

- " What's this? ". Jin Hee pointed while blinking multiple times.

- " I asked to the maid to prepare me lunch. I really don't eat lunch from the school's cafeteria ". Ji Yeon giggled.

 

Jin Hee smiled. " She really changed ".

 

- " Come on! Let's go to the rooftop! ". Ji Yeon suggested as she closed her locker and the two of them headed to the rooftop.

 

 

- " I don't know what do you like but I hope this is enough for you ". Ji Yeon said as she opened her lunch box.

- " Wow~ ". Jin Hee whispered as she admired Ji Yeon's lunch.

 

 

 

 

 

 

- " So? What do you think? ". Ji Yeon asked with sparkling eyes.

- " It's really cute ". Jin Hee smiled.

 

Ji Yeon smiled as she put her fists in the air.

 

- " Assa! Then next time I will ask to the maid to make a lunch box for you ".

 

Jin Hee's eyes widened and shook her hands.

 

- " Oh no! It's okay, there's no need to do it. I can buy lunch at school ".

 

Ji Yeon pouted.

 

- " Aishh.... okay. Now, let's eat or we are going to be late for class ".

 

Jin Hee nodded and the two started eating while talking about random things to know each other.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mark was sitting in his spot while spacing out.

 

 

 

• ~ Flashback ~ • 

 

 

 

" Mark! Wait for me! ".  16 year old Ji Yeon exclaimed as she ran after Mark who was running toward the bus stop.

- " You have to catch me first! ". Mark grinned and continue running until he arrived at the bus stop and entered in the bus.

Seconds later, Ji Yeon arrived and the bus' door closed. 

Mark sat at the back while leaning back, panting as sweat was rolling down at the sides of his head. Ji Yeon blew a raspberry while walking toward Mark with a glare on her face. She sat next to him and kept glaring at him.

- " Enjoying the view? ". 

- " You are so mean ". Ji Yeon cried out while crossing her arms and looking away.

Mark laughed and came closer to Ji Yeon to comfort her.

- " Babe, I'm sorry. It's just it's funny to see you angry ".

- " It's not funny ". Ji Yeon pouted.

- " It wasn't? ".

- " You are impossible ". She turned around and her back was facing Mark.

Mark laughed and then spun her to face.

- " OK, I'm sorry. It was my fault. Forgive me ". He said as he clasped his hands together for forgiveness.

Ji Yeon thought for a while trying to avoid Mark's puppy's eyes. Then she finally gave in.

- " OK, I forgive you ".

Mark grinned as he put an arm around her shoulder and kissed her forehead.

- " I love you, Ji Yeon ".

Ji Yeon smiled and rested her head on his shoulder.

- " I love you too, Mark ".

 

• ~ End of the Flashback ~ •

 

 

 

 

 

Mark sighed by the thought and turned his head to the classroom's door when he spotted Jin Hee and Ji Yeon bidding goodbye to each other before Jin Hee entered in the classroom. She went to her spot and sat on her desk as she pulled out her book and started reading. Mark glanced at her a couple of times before the bell rang and everyone started to enter in the classroom. Jackson came in and appeared next to Mark.

 

- " What are you doing? ". He whispered in Mark's ear. Mark jumped as he closed his eyes and placed a hand on his chest.

- " Man, you scared me ". Mark said in English with a sigh. Jackson looked at Jin Hee and looked back at Mark with a smirk.

- " Were you perhaps, checking on your seatmate? ". He asked as he wiggled his eyebrows.

- " Don't talk about bull and go back to your seat ". Mark hit him in the stomach with his elbow.

- " Tsk. Rude ". Jackson mumbled as he rubbed his stomach and went back to his seat.

 

Mark sighed and glanced back at Jin Hee, meeting with her gaze. They looked to each other for a moment before she turned her head around and went back to her book. Mark awkwardly coughed as he looked away  while scratching the back of his neck. He felt his throat dry as his cheeks turned red. Jin Hee also felt her cheeks hot as she tried to hide them behind her book. 

 

" Why did I look to her in that moment? ". He thought.

" Why was he staring at me? ". She thought.

 

Awkwardness was filled around them. Mark pulled out his headphones and plugged them on his ears and started listening to music. 

 

 

Classes has finished and it was time to go home. Everyone left the classroom except Jin Hee. She packed her things and swung her backpack over her shoulders before leabing her classroom and heading toward her locker. As she opened her locker, she was about to shove some books when someone slammed her locker, spun her around and pushed her against the lockers, earning a scream from Jin Hee.

Jin Hee gasped when she saw Wenhan smirking in front of her. She tried to release herself but he grabbed her wrists and tightened the grip as he placed them on the sides of Jin Hee.

 

- " Surprise to see me? ". Wenhan asked.

 

Jin Hee gulped with widen eyes as she just stared at him, afraid of what will he do next.

 

- " You know, I really missed you Jin Hee. During the whole summer vacation ". He paused and he titled his head to a side. " Didn't you miss me? ".

 

Jin Hee pushed him but Wenhan pushed her back to the lockers.

 

- " I didn't finish ". He said.

- " What do you want? ". She stuttered looking at him with fear. He smirked and leaned closer to her.

- " You ". Then he roughly crashed his lips on hers.

 

Jin Hee's eyes widened as she tried to pull him away but he leaned closer to deepen the kiss. She started to scream between the kiss while thowing punches in his chest. Tears started to roll down her cheeks and begged for someone to help her. Just then, someone pulled them away and threw a punch on Wenhan's face. Jin Hee fell on the ground, looking at Wenhan with horror as she leaned on the lockers and hid herself in her arms. The person who saved Jin Hee kneeled down and placed a hand on her shoulder.

 

- " Are you okay? ". A male voice asked. Jin Hee froze after hearing the voice. " That voice..... ".  She slowly looked up and met with Mark's eyes.

- " M-Mark? ". She asked as they stared at each other.

 

 

 

 

 


 

First chapter of this fanfic! Yeah! Hahaha I hope you guys like it! :) PLease leave comments and subscribe! Have a nice day, bye~