the new kid

b e y o n d

           "ugh! i can't believe stupid taylor had to give me detention just cos i forgot to bring her god damn homework once!", elliot groaned.

           "once? more like five times, you idiot.", meghan randomly appeared out of nowhere, defending mrs. taylor.

           "what the frick, meghan! if you're just gonna pop out of no where then at least give us a warning right? geez. why is everyone being so annoying today?", elliot said, rolling his eyes towards the end.

           "its monday.", i reminded elliot.

           "right...", elliot said, scratching the back of his neck.

           "whatever. i'm just telling you -- not only mrs. taylor would have hesitated to give you detention in this case.", meghan sneered before she walked away.

           "whatever.", elliot said, imitating meghan's high-pitched voice. ".", he added on after making sure meghan was gone.

           "oh, elliot.", i said for the second time that day.     

           ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

           "i didn't know i could get double detention?", elliot asked, raising his eyebrows.

           "serves you right for not bringing your english homework too.", i shurgged.

           " off andrea," he growled.

           i shrugged in reply, not bothering to actually say anything.

           

           "you guys keep arguing, i'm going for history.", marcus said, walking off to his history class with his hands in his pockets.

           "you have biology, right?", elliot asked.

           "yeah.", i said, checking my timetable pasted on the side of my locker.

           "ugh. i have spanish.", elliot groaned.

           "cool. have fun.", i said, closing my locker. i knew that would annoy him.

           "you know i hate spanish!", elliot groaned.

           "exactly. why do you think i said that?", i smirked, making my way in the opposite direction of where elliot was standing, to biology class.

           "!", he called after me.

           "adios!" i shouted back while waving, without looking back at all.        

           ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯