No. 2 - Just Don't

The Innocence' Inference

In the park across the YG building, Lee Hayi walked disguised. In case her fans saw her, she wore dark, translucent sunglasses which covered her eyes. A thin grey scarf wrapped around her chin and neck. She wore a dark blue hoodie to cover her flawless hair; and cheap jeans to make her not stand out along with comfortable dark blue joggers.

Hayi rested on the bench as she watched the children play. Their smiles, their laughter... They have no clue of what reality is. The cruel world that lies before them. The guilt they'll feel when they fight for what's wrong.

The director's husband must of loved his mother very much. Taking one's own life is a big decision to make. Although, it is quite unusual for the husband to leave behind his beloved wife. His one and only lover. One and only... Those words  repeated in Hayi's mind. Hayi wished she could someday find her one and only. Never be part ways... We'll love each other for eternity.

One and only... Love each other for eternity... Suicide. The thought never left Hayi's mind; as vivid as day. As much as it pains to lode one's mother... He still has loves ones to protect. Aniyo, Hayi. Stop prying into one's life. He loves his mother. There's nothing else to it.

Hayi exhaled a sigh of warm breath into the cool air of Fall. Her pocket vibrates. It's her phone. Manager; it read. She carefully looked around. All clear. She then answered her phone.

"Yoboseoyo?" she answered. Eyes widened, she replied, "The boss would like to see me?". She gulped, wondering whether it's about the director. "I'm at the park in front of the building." she took a peek at her watch, "I'll be there in thirty.". She added, "Right, I'll meet you at the practice room." and hung up.

She stood up and turned to look at the main YG building behind her. "I'll be there soon." she said to herself, "But there's something I must take care of first."


Hayi took the elevator, going up to the fifth floor. She looked around the floor, searching the doors leading to office rooms. At last, she found the right one. She opened the door; it lead to the Mix and Match director.

The director sat there, memorising the scripts. Her hair ruffled up in a messy bun. "There you are." Hayi called out, "Found you.". She looked at her watch; twenty-two minutes until she has to meet her manager at the practice room.

With dark gloomy eyes, the director stared at Hayi. "What is it you want?" The director asked; her paper scrunched up in her tensed hand. Hayi took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry." Hayi apologised. "I know I've made a big mistake. A large one, in fact." She fiddled with her fingers in order to stop clenching her teeth.

The director stared at her. "If this is just for your embarassment to stop, don't bother.".

"Aniyo!" Hayi said. "I know I have done wrong. I'm not here to stop my embarrassment and I'm not here to ask for forgiveness. The one and only reason I'm here is to inform you that I know I have done wrong." she bit her lip. "The road to becoming an idol has its pros and cons. It sure is very rocky." Hayi took a gentle step closer. "But it is nothing compared to the loss of a loved one.".

She took another step closer. "I'm so sorry." Hayi replied from the bottom of her heart. "I mean it."

"Apologising isn't enough!"  the director replied. She had her fists clenched, along with her teeth.

Hayi took a peek at the accessory on her wrist; eleven minutes left.

The director tried hard to contain herself, "Just go awa-"

"I admit, I don't know what it's like to lose someone" Hayi cut her off. "Therefore it's difficult for me to know your pain." Hayi paused for a second to check if the director was listening. Glad to see she was.

"I just want you to know that you are not alone. There are people around you... Who are glad to weep with you."

With her eyes closed, the director looked away. "No there aren't. My parents died in a car accident two years ago. My mother was an only child, she didn't have any siblings. My father, well... He was a bad man, let's say. He didn't have any close friends or relatives anymore."

She continued, "Like my mother, I'm an only child as well. I don't have many qualities of an extrovert, but I do have a few close ones. However, we became distant after they all had children, and I was left out..." The director stood up, and stared out the window.

Hayi stepped forward. "I'm here for you. I can be your friend. Your best friend, in fact! I know I done wrong, but please forgive me!"

The director shouted, with her eyes moisture and puffy, "You said you weren't here to ask for forgiveness!"

Hayi replied, "But I can help you!"

"Just go! Please!" Water ran down the director's red eyes. She stomped forward, towards Hayi, before shoving her out the room, and closing the door.

Outside the office, I felt dumbfounded. Tears streamed down her face, and never ended. She felt so sorry. She could do nothing to help the sorrowful director.

Once again, she took another peek at her wrist accessory, seven minutes to go. She wiped her tears with her sleeves, and looked straight ahead. It's all my fault, she thought.

 

TEASER:

In front of Yang Hyun suk, Suhyun and I stood there... waiting... in suspense. It only took a few seconds before the owner of the footsteps outside the door entered the large room.

There he stood... With his charming eye smile, he looked at the both of us so... magically... The atmosphere was so intense. His strong jawline was so mesmerizing.