Only U

Only U

The Internet was frenzy. Netizens could only assume. However he didn’t say anything about the lyrics. Not a call, not a text. Actually she wasn’t sure why he would contact her even if he knew that it was about him, but she secretly did.

***

Those lyrics weren’t something she wanted to show to the company since she wrote those some time ago when she was still with him. Those feelings, she’d still had it even though they broke up. They had been in a secret relationship for a year, 6 months, 20 days after they got out of WGM. She thought that they could make it public so the other female idols would stop on hitting her boyfriend. But he didn’t wanted. Why? He never gave her a proper explanation. He always said that it wasn’t the time. She concluded that he liked it even if he was always declining it. It was flattering for his male ego. As for her, he didn’t have to be worried that much because even tough she had a lot of fanboys most of them were actually too shy to ask her to go on a date or they just admire her as a celebrity and not a woman they would actually date. The only one who was seriously interested in her knew her relationship with Yonghwa as he was close to both of them.

 

She broke up with him. That was the hardest thing she’d had to do. But she couldn’t stand it anymore. It was as if he likes it when she suffers. When “I’m Sorry” came out, she knew it was because of her. She was still happy for him because they won several awards with the song but deep inside her she was regretting everything.

***

“Maknae! Wake up! We’re here. It’s time.” Taeyeon woke her up.

“I’m coming unnie.”

They were on their way to SBS inkigayo and they were to perform her self-written lyrics song: Only U. Not that she didn’t like the song, but each time she sings it, she keeps thinking about him and her heart aches. She resented a lot her unnies when she learnt that they found the lyrics and they sent it to the producers in charge of their TTS new album as a joke. But it backfired on them and they ended up using the lyrics, unmodified. Taeyeon saw how the maknae was spacing out.

“Hey! Seobaby, are u okay? I know we’re going to sing your song…”

“I know, I’m okay unnie.”

“Hey! Don’t lie to me. I know you’re still bitter about the fact that we sent your lyrics, but seriously they are really good. And don’t worry I got a surprise for you afterward.” She winked.

 

The performance went well and she managed to hold her tears during the shooting.

 

The unnies sent her alone in their waiting room.  They said they were going to buy something to eat in between their two performances. She entered when she saw a shadow; she froze, it’s him. Trying to stay poker face, she walked toward him.

“What are you doing here? How did you enter without being recongnized?”

“Taeyeon-ah and Tiffany-ah helped me. With the treat to kill me if I made you cry.” she smiled a little, that was totally her unnies’ style.

"Why?"

“Because I asked them. I wanted to talk to you.”

“On what? We broke up a year ago so I don’t really know why you want to talk to me.” Her heart was aching, seeing him here, that close yet that far.

He stayed silence.

“Come back to me. I want you back.” He finally blurted out.

She gasped. She was speechless.

“I’m sorry I hurt you.” He continued. “I didn’t know you were hurting so much because I didn’t want our relationship to go public. I’ve said that it wasn’t the right time because I knew CNBLUE were going on a world tour in 2013 so I didn’t want you to affront the paparazzi by yourself. I wanted to be here with you. And you know what, I was planning to introduce you as my fiancé, not as my girlfriend. I thought that it would be quieter that way but you broke up with me the day I was planning to propose to you. I also found by your unnies why you did that. I can’t deny it’s flattering but if you were hurting that much you could have told me instead of burying that inside and go away from me.”

She cried her soul out. He hugged her and let her cry. When she calmed down he released her and kneeled before her:

“Seohyun, my love. I know it wasn’t always easy especially for you. To hide from the press, from the other artist, being apart for months, but despite all I want to stay beside you and make up to you for the rest of our live. So Seo Joohyun, would you marry me?”

He fished something in his pocket before showing it to her. It was a golden ring; the pattern was similar to the ring they had on WGM few years ago. She stayed silence, scaring him:

“Please say something. If it’s the ring, if you don’t like it we still can bought another one later on. Actually that is my grandma’s but as I said we could buy another one more expensive or anything. And, And, And concerning our relationship...”

She smiled seeing him so nervous.

"yes. I do."

“…of course we’re going to make it public and… what? Seriously? You really agree on marrying me?”

"yes."

“For real? You’re not joking?”

“For a third time yes, but I might change my mind if you continue like this.” She joked.

“Thank you. I love you.”

She smiled: “I love the ring. ”

"So you're marrying me for the ring? I should thank my grandmother then" He replied playfully. 

"Aish... Choding. I love you too"

 


I know my ending xD I guess i'm gonna change it when I'll have a better idea...

Anyways, comment and suscribe :)

UPDATE: It's still a weird ending but I prefer this one... the french version is following soon :)