all i want for christmas is you

Christmas Wishes

"It's Christmas Eve!" Chanyeol shouted as he skipped through the house, dressed as a very tall Rudolph. He was joined in his cheer by Baekhyun and Jongdae, both of whom were currently singing Christmas songs at the top of their voices, much to the annoyance of the other members. All of them were dressed in festive outfits having been forced into it by Baekhyun. They were mostly dressed as reindeer and snowmen, and the rest of them were dressed as elves except for Joonmyeon who was an angel. Kyungsoo had been bestowed the title of head elf, simply because tomorrow, he would be cooking Christmas dinner with the help of an angel and Minseok - another reindeer. 


Earlier that day, Chanyeol had decided to put mistletoe on every single doorway and insisted that the rule of kissing underneath it be upheld, which had already led to some awkward meetings and even more awkward kisses. He wasn't doing this to just be annoying; he had a perfectly good reason to do it. He wanted - no, needed - to kiss Kyungsoo before Christmas was over. Chanyeol wasn't sure when he started liking Kyungsoo, but he was definitely sure that he wanted to kiss him, and that he would beat Jongin to it. It was no secret that the younger boy had a crush on Kyungsoo, but Chanyeol knew that it was just that, just a little crush. At least, he hoped it was. He also hoped that Kyungsoo felt the same way that he did, and not about Jongin. Every so often, he had a nightmare that Jongin had been brave and made the first move on Kyungsoo and that they ended up together but he refused to give up and the nightmares only made him more certain that he needed Kyungsoo to be his.


"The cookies are ready, guys!" Kyungsoo called through from the kitchen, where he had been baking for the last few hours. Before he even finished speaking, all of the boys jumped up and ran to the kitchen, wanting to be the first to taste them. Almost immediately, the plate was empty, and sounds of eating filled the room. Kyungsoo laughed. "Good thing I made more than one batch, eh?" Chanyeol finished his cookie and smiled brightly at him.


"Delicious as always, Kyungie~" He his lips to catch any stray crumbs and laughed. "I don't think I'd be able to survive without your amazing baking skills." The other members nodded and made sounds of agreement and then slowly made their way back into the living room where they had all been sat previously, until it was only Kyungsoo and Chanyeol left. Smiling, the shorter male turned around and began clearing up after himself, and Chanyeol picked up the empty cookie plate, taking it over to the sink and turning the tap on to wash up. Kyungsoo looked over at him to see what mischief he was up to, and was surprised to find him actually helping, rather than hindering, for once. Deciding it was best not to question it, he carried on clearing the sides of ingredients and dirty bowls.


                                                                                                            ***


That afternoon, it snowed. Sehun was the first to notice, and the easily excited maknae decided it would be fun to have a snowball fight with Jongin against Yifan and Chanyeol without wearing any warm clothing whatsoever. It wasn't until after almost an hour of yelling and messing around that it started becoming dark, the boys started feeling the cold and Sehun was seriously regretting his decision. Shivering, they all made their way back inside and to the living room. It was like heaven in there for the four boys - a fire was lit, making it gloriously warm and it smelled like hot chocolate. The other members were sat under fluffy blankets while watching a film as they so often did when they didn't feel like going outside. Joonmyeon took one look at the shivering quartet and immediately got up.
"Come sit down boys, come get warmed up." He lead them towards the sofa he had been sat on previously and then proceeded to almost drown them with blankets. Yifan, Sehun and Jongin embraced the warmth and comfort, but Chanyeol shrugged them off.


"I'm going to get changed." He announced, getting up and making his way to the bedroom he shared with Baekhyun. A little later, Kyungsoo stood up. The tiny elf asked each of the three boys if they wanted a hot chocolate, and of course, they agreed to one. Kyungsoo headed to the kitchen to make them, bumping into Chanyeol on the way. The taller man had changed out of his reindeer outfit and was now wearing a simple white t-shirt and dark grey jogging bottoms. As his skin was still slightly damp, the thin material of the shirt clung to him, defining every line and causing Kyungsoo's cheeks to heat up the tiniest bit. He swallowed and looked away, not wanting to draw attention to himself or his slowly darkening cheeks. Apologising quietly, the elf passed Chanyeol and continued down the hall. 
The coolness of the kitchen was welcoming to Kyungsoo and he quickly busied himself with preparing the hot chocolate for the boys. Whilst he was waiting for the water to boil, he found his mind drifting again. He recalled how good Chanyeol had looked in his white shirt, and thought about how nice it would feel if Chanyeol enveloped him in his warm arms. A small smile settled on his face as he imagined more and more different scenarios, every single one of them ending with Kyungsoo in Chanyeol's arms. 


One scene in particular stood out to him.


The two of them were outside in the snow and it was just turning dark. They made their way across the blanket in a comfortable silence, neither wanting to disrupt the moment they were having; no distractions, no noise, just them and nobody else. Kyungsoo loved spending time with Chanyeol on their own. He felt like the taller man was much calmer and quieter when they were together on their own, which he appreciated greatly. It wasn't that Kyungsoo disliked his happy demeanour - it was that he enjoyed the silence as much as Chanyeol thrived off the noise and liveliness of daily life. The fact that, every so often, Chanyeol agreed with him and kept the silence, made Kyungsoo feel closer to him, and he thought that maybe there was a chance of something - anything - happening between them.


As they slowly made their way to nowhere in particular, Kyungsoo decided to be brave and make a move. His small, slightly sweaty hand reached out for Chanyeol's larger one and gently laced their fingers together. Chanyeol smiled down at him and squeezed his hand back, using it to pull him even closer. They continued to walk, both happier than before and yet both still wanting more. Kyungsoo looked up at Chanyeol, only to find the other man was already looking at him in a way that the shorter man couldn't quite understand. 


Without them realising, they stopped walking and stood still, staring into each others' eyes. A warm pair of hands took hold of Kyungsoo's cold, red cheeks and a thumb gently dragged across his lower lip. Instinctively, his eyes widened slightly and his lips parted, a tiny cloud of warm breath escaping. Chanyeol smiled at his cute expression, and then slowly leaned down, his eyes naturally closing. Kyungsoo followed suit, almost not believing that this was really going to happen...

Just as the taller man was about to kiss him, a loud, whiny voice knocked him out of his daydream.


"Kyungsoo-hyuuung, is the hot chocolate ready yet?" Kyungsoo shook his head to clear his thoughts.


"Hm? Oh, sorry Sehun, yeah it's nearly done." Quickly, the elf made five steaming cups of hot chocolate, his cheeks flaring up because of the daydream that he had. Going over to the fridge to get milk and cream, Kyungsoo kept replaying the scene over and over in his head, smiling without even realising.


"Are you okay Kyungsoo-hyung? You seem a little out of it." Sehun laughed at him. Coming to once again, Kyungsoo nodded and smiled, going back over and finishing the drinks off with milk, whipped cream and tiny pink and white marshmallows. Passing two drinks to Sehun, he grabbed two others and slowly made his way to the living room. Warmth flooded back into Kyungsoo, and his cheeks turned pink from the sudden temperature change. Upon seeing Chanyeol again, they went even redder. To avoid embarrassing himself, he placed the drink on the table and turned his face away from the other boys. They all thanked him and he smiled, leaving the room to go back to the kitchen.


Sighing, Kyungsoo grabbed his drink and sat down with it at the kitchen table. He took a sip, and as he looked down into the cup, he wondered what Chanyeol's arms would feel like around him and what his lips would taste of. his own, he imagined that they would have a lingering flavour of hot chocolate mixed with a natural minty taste. He sighed again, louder this time, and had more of his drink. 


Whe he had finished, he stood up and took his cup to the sink. Realising that the others were probably finished, he decided to go and tidy up the mugs and bring more snacks through. Kyungsoo opened the door to the hallway and, for the second time that day, bumped into Chanyeol. A soft noise escaped his lips and he grabbed onto the other man to steady himself. Instinctively, Chanyeol's hands found their way onto Kyungsoo's shoulders to stop him from falling. The elf looked up and blushed when he realised who it was.


"A-ah, sorry Ch-Chanyeol." Kyungsoo stammered. He attempted to move away but Chanyeol held onto him. Suddenly, Chanyeol spoke and his voice sent shivers through him like it always did.


"Look up, Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo did as he was told - he looked past the handsome face and perfect hair above him to see it.


Mistletoe.


He gasped almost silently, but it was still loud enough for Kyungsoo to hear. "You know what that means, don't you?" The smaller man looked back at Chanyeol's face, his own now resembling a red rose in full bloom. He nodded.


"W-we have to k-kiss, right?" Chanyeol nodded, then realised that it wasnt just his own feelings that mattered.


"Only if you want to, it's fine if you don't." He smiled gently and his cheeks pinkened slightly. "I-I'd like to kiss you. I have done for a while now." Kyungsoo nearly gasped again, but stopped himself.


"R-really?" 


"Yes. Am I allowed?" Kyungsoo nodded shakily, blushing more than he though was even possible.


Gently, Chanyeol rested a hand on Kyungsoo's cheek, lightly with his thumb and smiling. Kyungsoo looked away, unable to maintain the eye contast any longer. Chanyeol smiled at his cute expression, and then slowly leaned down, his eyes naturally closing. Kyungsoo - it was just like his daydream. Desperately hoping that it wasn't another one, he closed his own eyes and waited. Soft lips met his own, and he opened his eyes again to reassure himself that, yes this was real, and yes, he was kissing Chanyeol. Once he had established the fact that his daydreams had become reality, he kissed him back, tiptoeing so that he could feel more of Chanyeol's lips. 


To Kyungsoo, this was so much better than anything he could have imagined - his daydreams never felt like he was flying, or like tiny fireworks were going off in his heart constantly. Strong arms wrapped themselves around his waist and made him feel safe, comforted and most of all, loved. His heart was beating so fast that he thought he might faint. Chanyeol's lips were softer and gentler than he ever imagined, and the feeling of them again Kyungsoo's own was almost more than he could take. 

Slowly and gently, Chanyeol's tongue drew a line along Kyungsoo's lower lip, causing the younger to gasp softly. Chanyeol was in heaven. Kyungsoo tasted of hot chocolate, of cinnamon and of the love he had held for so long. Kyungsoo felt so tiny in his arms and he felt this overwhelming urge to just protect him and to keep him all to himself. Again, Chanyeol Kyungoo's lip so that he could taste more; Kyungsoo was his new favourite flavour, and he would never get enough.


After what seemed like forever, they parted for air. Staring at each other, they knew that they both felt the same way. This time, unlike in his daydreams, Kyungsoo could easily decipher the emotions in Chanyeol's eyes - happiness, relief and love. Kyungsoo, panting slightly, smiled at him.
"I really like you, Chanyeol." 


Chanyeol smiled back. "I really like you too, Kyungsoo." He paused for a second, unsure if he should ask the one question that was on his mind. After a few seconds thought, he realised that he had nothing else to lose. "Kyungsoo, will you be mine?" Kyungsoo's teeth softly bit down on his lip to stop himself from smiling too much.


"Yes, Chanyeol, I will be yours." Chanyeol, unable to contain his joy any longer, picked up the smaller man and hugged him tightly. Kyungsoo's legs instinctively wrapped around his waist, smiling happily and burying his face into Chanyeol's shoulder. Chanyeol was practically glowing, his smile bright enough to cheer up anybodys day. He laughed, then a another thought popped into his head.


"I can hardly believe it! Promise me this is real, and not just another dream?" Kyungsoo smiled up at him and pressed another, gentler kiss to his lips.


"I promise, Chanyeol."