Chapter 4: My Angel

Be My Angel

Since I was going to have the photo shoot in the following week, I kept going to gym room to work out everyday.

 

Well, I admitted that every time I went there, I was not only exercising hard, I was also hoping to meet Minhyuk. Unfortunately, after that day, I had never met him again.

 

I had thought of calling him and asked him why he didn't come for so long, but I found that I didn't even had his contact number. For our "first dating", we just agreed on when and where to meet before I left the hospital, without exchanging contact number with each other.

 

Actually, I can go to the hospital he worked at and try to find him there, but I didn't have any reason to appear in a hospital. If he asked me why I was there, I could not just answer him that I wanted to see him, right?

 

Finally, the day for photo shooting came. Due to the effort I put on working out these days, I was confident about the outcoming photos. And because of my effort and my confidence, the process of photo shooting went very smoothly and the photographers were very satisfied. They told me that my photos would be published on next week's magazine. I felt quite excited about seeing the outcoming photos on the magazine. Actually, I would like to share my happiness and excitement with someone.

 

But, how can I find him?

 

 

 

I still kept going to the gym room everyday after the photo shoot. I wanted to keep my body shape as well as keeping healthy. Of course, I was still waiting to see him, told him about my photos, and thanked him for being my coach.

 

However, even three days after the photos were published, I still cannot saw him. 

 

Sometimes I met Doojoon at the gym room, but we just smiled at each other and then continued with our own work. Maybe I can asked him about Minhyuk, but when I thought of his queer smile when he saw me and Minhyuk that day, I felt a bit embarrased and so I gave up this idea.

 

 

 

Three weeks past by, and I kept going to the gym room as usual. After working out for an hour, I packed up my things and was going to leave. When I reached the entrance, I saw someone coming in.

 

Yes, it was him, Lee Minhyuk.

 

He was wearing the same tracksuit as that day, so I recognized him as soon as he came in.

 

I was completely shocked that I forgot to greet him. I just stood still and was not able to move.

 

When he saw me, he seemed to be a little surprised. Maybe, a bit happy as well? He came towards me and grinned.

 

"Hi, Chorong! Long time no see!"

 

"Ah...Hi, Minhyuk oppa!" I tried to hide my awkwardness and wore a smile on my face.

 

"So you finally remembered to call me oppa." He laughed. "By the way, I saw your photos on magazine. You looked very beautiful!"

 

"Thank you! You really helped me a lot." I was sure that I blushed when he appreciated me, so I immediately changed the topic. "Are you busy these days? I didn't see you working out here!"

 

"Ah! I was just back from America yesterday because a conference about a new way of medical treatment was held there and I was sent there to participate in the conference, as well as visiting some hospitals there to know more about their work. I stayed there for more than two weeks and I just came back yesterday." He took a lot at his watch. "Oh Chorong ah, I should start working out now! Talk to you later!"

 

"Okay, bye." I was a bit disappointed. I had waited him for so long. I didn't want to finish our conversation like this way. However, I cannot disturb him, so I just waved at him and left.

 

"Hey Chorong ah!" After I walked for a few steps, Minhyuk's voice suddenly came from my back. I turned to him, with some expectation. "I think you should buy me a dinner. I mean, I am a good coach right?" I was not sure if I saw correctly that his face seemed to turn a bit red.

 

"Sure!"

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************

The weather today was good. Minhyuk and me decided to go out for a walk. We agreed to wait at the park near my home. When I went inside, I saw him sitting on a bench, looking up to the sky and smiling.

 

"What are you smiling for?" I went towards him and sat besides him.

 

"Chorong ah," he was still staring at the sky. "Do you remember the first sentence that you said to me?"

 

"I forgot." Of course I remembered, but I just pretend to be forgetful.

 

"Let me remind you then." He smiled. "You asked me if you were in Heaven and I was an angel to take you away or not..."

 

"Oppa! Stop that! That's so embarrasing!" I covered his mouth with my hands.

 

He gently removed my hands and hold them tightly.

 

" That's not embarrasing. Chorong ah, in fact, now I think you are the angel who was appointed by the God to come to me and lead me to the Heaven."