Chapter 2

Mr. Americano

I went back to the counter and thought about things just happened. Why did I act so awkwardly? Why I felt a little upset just now?

 

A solution then came to my mind. Maybe I had already fell in love with him. But as soon as I knew that I fell in love, I had already lost it.

 

I finally knew his name, Minhyuk, from another girl.

 

In the following days, Minhyuk still came to my cafe and ordered the same things. The only difference is that, a girl accompanied him.

 

One week past by and this day, I saw Minhyuk as usual. He walked towards the counter and grinned at me.

 

"A cup of Americano, a cup of mocha and two pieces of cheesecake, right?" I asked.

 

"No, I just need a cup of Americano today."

 

"Huh? Your girlfriend doesn't come with you today?" I felt a little surprised.

 

"My girlfriend?" Minhyuk looked confused. "Ah you mean Namjoo?"

 

"I don't know her name, but she came with you these days." I said as I received his money and gave him the number card.

 

He suddenly burst out laughing, and walk towards his usual seat.

 

I didn't understood what he was laughing at.

 

After some time, I walked towards his seat with the cup of Americano. After I put it on his table, I immediately walked away.

 

"Wait a moment, Chorong-ssi!" Minhyuk shouted as he saw I was leaving.

 

"Yes? What can I help you?" I turned to him and saw him beckoned my to the seat opposite to him. I was quite curious. Seeing that there were not many customers in the cafe and no one was waiting at the counter, I sat down and looked at him curiously.

 

"Actually I want to tell you something," said Minhyuk and he took a sip of his Americano. "Namjoo is my cousin. I brought her here these days because I fell in love with someone working here, and I want her to take a look at the girl and see if she can give me any opinion."

 

My heart started to beat faster. I seemed to know what he was going to say, but I forced myself not to think of it because I was afraid that my guess was wrong.

 

"Chorong-ssi," Minhyuk took another sip of his Americano. "Do you like Americano?"

 

I was surprised by his sudden question. "Well, although I work in a cafe, I seldom drink coffee. I don't know how Americano tastes like in fact." 

 

"Ok. I'll let you try."

 

He suddenly stood up and put his lips on mine. The taste of Americano in his mouth got into my mouth.

 

That's a little bitter, but quite sweet as well.