chapter 1

Mr. Americano

I'm Park Chorong, an ordinary 17-year-old girl studying at an ordinary secondary school. I go to school every week day, and work at a cafe at the shopping mall which is not faraway from my home after school till about 10pm. Then I go home after work. That's my daily routine, a very ordinary routine.

 

And the first time we met was in the cafe I work at.

 

That day was a normal week day. I went to the cafe I worked after finishing school. Not very long time after I went to the counter and started my work, he came inside. He was wearing school uniform I guessed. Maybe he just finished school as well. Actually what made me recognized him is his face. Simply saying, his good-looking face. I'm not that kind of anthomaniac who would be attracted by handsome guys when I first saw them but, you know, as an ordinary girl, I would still be happy to see handsome guys.

 

"A cup of Americano, please." This is the first sentence he said to me. He handed me the money and held a smile on his face. His smile would certainly kill many girls, and I had to admit that I was also a little bit blushed when seeing his smile. But I was sure that it was just because of his handsomeness, not that I was falling in love with him.

 

"Ok. Please take this number card and take a sit. Your Americano will be delivered to you after a while." I replied with a smile, just to be friendly.

 

"Thank you!" He took the number card and found somewhere to sit. Finally, he chose to sit at the table near the windows.

 

After finishing making the cup of Americano, I put it onto a tray and walked towards his seat. "Sorry for keeping you waiting. Here is your Americano." I wore a smile on my face and put the cup of Americano onto his table.

 

"Thank you, Chorong-ssi." He grinned. 

 

I was surprised and wondered why he knew my name. He seemed to see through my confusion. He raised his lip corner even higher and pointed to his left chest.

 

I looked down to my left chest then. Ah, my name tag.

 

"You're welcome." I felt a bit embarrassed, but I tried to keep smiling. "Enjoy your coffee!" I bowed slightly and theYn went back to work.

 

Since then, he came to my cafe everyday, and ordered a cup of Americano every time. Then he sat in the same table and enjoyed his Americano. Sometimes he brought a book along with him and sometimes he just watched to view outside through the window. Usually he spent about two to three hours in this cafe. I didn't know why I paid attention on what he was doing everyday. I didn't even know his name, so I just called him Mr. Americano in my heart.

 

One day, I saw him walked towards the counter as usual. Before he said anything, I had already worn a smile on my face.

 

"A cup of Americano, right?" I asked. This was the first time that I asked him before he ordered.

 

"Yes..." He replied, with a little surprised.

 

"Would you like to try our cheesecake as well? Our cheesecake are also great!"

 

"Ok..."

 

"Then a cup of Americano and a piece of cheesecake. Let me see how much in total..."

 

"Wait! I would like to have one more piece of cheesecake and a cup of mocha as well."

 

I was totally surprised when I heard his order. Did he come with his friend today?

 

"Minhyuk oppa, why did you take so long to buy only two cups of coffee?"

 

A strange female voice suddenly appeared. When I saw a girl walking towards him and held his arm, my smile was frozen.

 

Noticing I was still working, I quickly wore a smile again, but I knew that my smile probably looked weird.

 

"Sorry for letting you wait. I am going to make your coffee and cake as soon as possible." I quickly walk towards the coffee machine.

 

"Hey, Chorong-ssi, you forgot about the money!" 

 

I felt really embarrassed and I just walked back, received the money and gave him the number card. 

 

After a while, I put all the things he ordered on a tray and delivered them to their table.

 

"A cup of Americano, a cup of mocha and two pieces of cheesecake. Here you are." 

 

"Thank you, Chorong-ssi!" He grinned as usual, but this time, I left immediately without giving him any reply