Ice Princesses

The Unknown Jung...

"Ugh. You're debuting?" Krystal raised her brow at her maknae sister.

Lindsey Jung frowned slightly.

"Yes. Why are you so disappointed? Aren't you supposed to be happy for me?" Lindsey asked, a bit hurt.

"Shut up. Of course I'm not happy for you." Krystal sighed. "You're so sensitive! Stop pouting."

Lindsey relaxed her face muscles and stopped frowning, afraid of getting wrinkles on her forehead.

"Why aren't you happy for me!?"

"Because....because..." Krystal slightly blushed but she quickly cleared . "Because you're a newbie and you might ruin SME's or the Jung sisters' reputation."

Right as Lindsey was about to argue back, Jessica, their oldest sister came and Lindsey immediately silenced. Krystal slightly stiffened up too.

"What are you guys doing in the kitchen?" Jessica coldly asked, one hand on her hip.

"W-we were just talking..." Lindsey nercously stammered.

"We were talking about her debut soon." Krystal bravely said, trying to act like she's not scared.

"Her debut?" Jessica raised a brow and smirked. "She's FOURTEEN. I can't believe she's actually debuting. It's unbelievable."

Lindsey and Krystal slightly relaxed when their oldest sister tried to make a conversation with them.

"Yeah, I know right?" Krystal agreed. "She's so young."

"But I'm going to work really hard." Lindsey awkwardly added.

"Whatever." Jessica said halfheartedly. "Just remember, Lindsey. You're part of the Jung sisters now, after you debut, so you have to keep to the traditions."

Lindsey was confused. "W-what traditions?"

"The ice princess reputation, stupid!" Krystal nudged her little sister in the ribs.

"Owww.." Lindsey pouted at Krystal, and Krystal rolled her eyes.

"Lindsey, listen." Lindsey quickly stood straight like she was in military at her sister's words. "You have to be the ice princess. In order to do that, you have to have a cold expression on all the time. You can't cry in public, you can't say heartfelt words, you can't be shy, you can't be too funny on variety shows. Got that?"

Lindsey eagerly nodded.

"Of course!"

"Alright." Jessica sighed and left the kitchen.

Lindsey and Krystal sighed in relief.

The reason why both of them were so scared was that Jessica was a tough sister--she was also FIVE years older than Krystal and EIGHT years older than Lindsey!!!

"Lindsey, you're so stupid! How can you know what the tradition is?" Krystal slightly pushed her sister.

"I don't know, okay!? I sort of forgot." Lindsey said, her mind drowned in guilt. "I know Jessica unnie is really serious about the tradition that she started...And I know that she always reminded me of it. But at the time being, I just momentarily forgot..."

"Whatever. I'm leaving. I have schedule in thirty minutes and I have to be at the dorm in ten minutes." With that said, Krystal left Lindsey alone in the lonely kitchen.

But Lindsey wasn't left alone for long. Her mom walked inside and smiled warmly at her.

"Ohhh, my baby girl." She hugged her youngest daughter tightly and kissed her on the forehead. "I can't believe you're going to debut soon and follow your sisters' steps!"

Lindsey smiled. "Yeah, I can't believe it too...."

"Honey, why do you seem so disappointed?"

Being the youngest daughter there is, Lindsey instinctively told on her sister.

"Mom, Jessica unnie is so cold to me all the time! I don't think she'll help and guide me when I become a celebrity! And Krystal unnie is so mean to me and doesn't even care about me! She doesn't even want me to debut!!!" Lindsey whined like a baby.

Her mom embraced her and chuckled.

"Oh, don't worry. I know that both Krystal and Jessica love you."

Lindsey nodded but in her mind, she was STRONGLY disagreeing and worrying about how she'll survive with her older sisters not there to help her.

Lindsey was only fourteen years old, and also the maknae of the family which means that she always needs to be taken care of and doesn't have much sense of responsibilty. She felt like she always needed someone next to her to help her and hold her hand, even just until she turns 15! She was so scared, nervous, and.....SCARED that she is going to debut in just weeks! And she is SUPER scared about the conference meeting with her SM sajangnim, SNSD sunbaenims, and F(X) sunbaenims...

Lindsey had heard a rumor that whenever a new group comes for the conference meeting, they talk about you right in front of you........ After her mom released her and went to the stove to cook some stew, Lindsey cried inwardly and buried her face in her cold, shaky hands...