Chapter 17

It's Not True
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Naeun POV

One month. One month since Eunji unnie was hit by the car. One month since she’s been in a coma. After her heart monitor went flat line the doctors hurried and used the defibrillator and brought back her pulse, although it was a weak one. They kept doing surgeries on her for hours. After 8 hours, the doctors told us that she was going to be okay, but they don’t know when she will wake up from her coma. I had a talk with my boss and asked him to reduce my cases and let me work from home instead. He reluctantly agreed. I’ve been staying by Eunji unnie’s side for a month and there’s little progress. Sometimes her fingers would twitch and I would think that she is waking up soon.

I would spend the day talking to her. Telling her what’s been happening. Then I would apologize for the things I’ve said. Everyday I would cry, all I want is my Eunji unnie back. Chorong unnie and Bomi unnie would come by everyday and stay by my side. The bruises on Bomi unnie have healed and her arm is getting better. She kept apologizing to me, but I would always tell her that it wasn’t her fault.

“Naeun-ah, you should go home and rest. Sleeping like this all the time isn’t good for you or your back.” Chorong unnie said concernly.

“I’ll be fine, don’t worry unnie.” I gave her a small smile.

“please take care of yourself. Here eat! We don’t want Eunji to yell at you when she wakes up.” Chorong unnie handed me a sandwich.

“thanks unnie.”

“I’ll come back tomorrow morning okay? Get lots of sleep.” Chorong unnie kissed my forehead then left.

I took a bite of the sandwich then put it down. I haven’t had a lot of appetite lately. I continued staring at Eunji unnie. I would do anything for her to wake up right now. I held onto her hand as I rested my head on the side of her bed. ‘Unnie, please wake up soon. You can’t leave me just yet.’

Eunji POV

I slowly opened my eye and immediately pain shot through my head. Where am I? What happened? Bomi and I were crossing the street when suddenly I saw a car driving towards us; Bomi was going to get hit so my first instinct was to push her out of the way. Then everything went dark and now here I am. Is Bomi okay? Did she get injured at all? I looked around and realized that I was in the hospital room. Okay, so I’m still alive. I turned my head and saw a figure sleeping in a chair resting her head on the side of my bed. Naeun-ah…Aiish I must have worried her a lot. I gently moved her hair out of her face so I can clearly see my beautiful angel. She started stirring and I can see her eyes opening up slowly. did I wake her up? Her eyes opened fully and she looked around. Then her eyes landed on me. Her eyes went from confusion to shock then to what I hope is happiness.

“h-hey princess.” I said weakly.

“unnie?! Am I dreaming?! Are you awake?! You’re awake! I can’t believe it! You’re finally awake!” Naeun started shouting. Then she ran to the door and called for the doctors.

The doctors came running in and started examining me. I saw Naeun standing on the side crying. Why is she crying? Paboji I need to stop making my fiancé cry. The doctors told Naeun that I’m doing fine and that I will recover well. After the doctors left she came rushing to my side.

“unnie! You have no idea how much I’ve missed you.” She kissed me, making my heart race really fast.

“Naeun-ah, I’m still kind of weak you know.” I said breathing hard as we pulled apart.

“I’m sorry, I just really missed you.” Naeun started crying harder.

“hey hey hey. Don’t cry!” I said wiping her tears away.

“unnie I’m so sorry. I’m really sorry.” Naeun grabbed the hand and continued crying.

“why are you sorry?”

“for calling you selfish and clingy. You’re not any of those things. I was just being stupid and stubborn. I’m sorry, unnie.”

“baby, look at me.”

Naeun raised her head and stared into my eyes. Those beautiful eyes.

“I knew you didn’t mean it. I should have been more understanding. I’m sorry.”

“you’re not the one that need to apologize. Unnie, please don’t ever get hurt like this again. I don’t know what I would do without you.”

“Naeun-ah, come lay beside me, I don’t want you to sleep in an uncomfortable position.”

“unnie, there’s no room on that small bed.”

“you’re tiny, you’ll fit!”

Naeun gave me an “are you kid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter