:Madly:

Truly, Madly, Deeply

"


"Jeuna! Hurry up! Give me the papers!"

"Clean up the mess quickly!"

"Don't waste time, newbie. The boys are waiting for you!"

 

Jeuna sighed after a  morning of intense work. It's noon and she only got an hour to spare for herself. She hasn't eaten lunch nor drink anything to quench her thirst out of exhaustion. The long hours of working was taking its toll on her and she was starting to feel dizzy and weak. As she entered the restroom, she immediately washed her face and rubbed her cheeks forcefully to stay awake.

"I can do this," she thought, convincing herself that what she's doing is for her future. Patience. Perseverance. She needs to strive harder for her to survive living independently. She was hesitant to take this job since she's into painting and such; not on make-up and cleaning Kpop idols' mess. But she had no choice. Sehun told her about the hiring and after contemplating, she applied and got accepted. 

She glanced at her watch and hurriedly tied up her hair in a high ponytail. She then went out and almost ran to the cafeteria to buy a bottle of water. Before she could drink, someone poked her waist. Surprised, she spilled some water on her white tee. 

"Kai-sshi..."

The young man called Kai winked at her. He's a popular Kpop idol from the group EXO. But before he became the king of the dance floor, he was once a typical teenage boy. He was Jeuna's senior in ARTS school; rebellious, straightforward and quite arrogant in nature. Jeuna has been the one taking care of his make-up and wardrobe since the former got the job. When they were in the university, he was vocal to tell everyone how he adores Jeuna. He has been pursuing her since then but the latter was more focused on her studies than having a relationship.

"Don't do that again. You scared me," said Jeuna while wiping her shirt. While she tried to dry the moistened area, Kai stood on the side, silently gazing at her from head to toe. He grinned. Whatever runs inside his head while eyeing Jeuna , only Kai knows. 

"Sorry," he muttered. He pulled out his hanky and offered it. "Here. Use this."

"No. It's fine," Jeuna gently pushed away Kai's hand. "This will dry eventually." As she lifted her head to see Kai, her eyes met the latter's provocative ones. Despite the presence of the staff members and other workers in the vicinity, Kai wasn't afraid to have a little teasing time with Jeuna. The latter, on the other hand,  was now backing away, fully aware of the young man's playful attitude.

"I have to go back. Excuse me."

"Jeuna..." Kai called out. She looked back and caught a smirk slowly emerging on the young man's lips. She frowned, "What?"

Kai's eyes traveled from her face down to her chest, "As much as I want to gawk on that Hello Kitty strap you are wearing, I really think you should change your shirt before other idols get carried away by that...sight."

Those words uttered with a hint of teasing and explicitness pissed Jeuna to hell. Even though she was raised to become a considerate and mindful woman, she couldn't help but curse in her mind upon hearing Kai. He's the only guy who makes her think of violence because of his sharp tongue and insensitive remarks. That's also the main reason why she rejected him. Though he's a year older than her, he acts immaturely.

Jeuna quickly covered her chest and hissed, leaving him behind.

The next day~

"That guy really. He's a pain in the---," Jeuna murmured as she remembered what Kai told her yesterday. But she was cut off and didn't finish her sentence when someone opened the door to the room; EXO's make-up station. She glanced back and saw some members coming in. She hastily gathered the wardrobes and organized it on the side table. While the boys find their seats, the other make-up artists appeared to start their work. Jeuna looked around and noticed the "annoying" one's absence.

"Kai-sshi?"

Chanyeol, one of the EXO members turned to her, "Ahhh Kai. I saw him at the lounging area upstairs, taking a nap. He's really tired from the rehearsal this morning"

"Hurry and wake him up, Jeuna," one of the staff commanded. Without a choice, Jeuna went to the lounging room to get Kai. 

"AHHH!"

Jeuna hurriedly went out of the room when she realized she opened the wrong door.

"! Close the door!" A young idol yelled at her while throwing her things at Jeuna. The latter panicked. "I ..I am so sorry!" She dashed outside and closed the door. 

"That was terrible. I should have been very careful," she thought while gasping for her air. She caught an idol doing "inappropriate" things with another idol and she felt really guilty. 

And uncomfortable.

"They got busted, huh?" a familiar voice uttered and a laughter followed. Jeuna looked back and saw Kai approaching her. "That's what happens when you get too excited and forget to lock the door," he added. 

Jeuna huffed.

"It's not your fault. Don't feel bothered about it," Kai assured her. He then moved closer cupped her waist. In a whisper, he said, "Let's just do our own business now, shall we?"

This again. "You apply your own make-up," Jeuna hissed and elbowed him. She then went off while Kai trailed behind, chuckling.

After the EXO members finished preparing for their live show, the staff, including Jeuna, followed them to where the venue was. When they arrived, she was told to carry most of the bags with make-up and wardrobe inside. Jeuna, with her petite body, looked like a mess with all the things while walking backstage. Kai was with his group, warming up, for the show when he saw her.

He frowned. 

"Kai!! Hey! Where are you going?"

"Kai! Come back here! We're about to start."

Ignoring the calls of his group members, Kai approached Jeuna and grabbed on the bags from her. "Why are you carrying all these? Where are the other staff?"

"I have no idea where they are," replied Jeuna. "Give me that. I have to bring all these to the changing room right away."

"I'll help you--"

"This isn't your job. It's fine. Thanks," she quickly answered back. Instead of listening, Kai started to grab more bags from her. He looked around to see where the changing room was and when he found it, he asked Jeuna to open the door for him.

"You don't have to do this, Kai," Jeuna muttered while arranging the bags on the table. He didn't respond so Jeuna assumed that he quickly went out to join the group. 

But...

"!"

Jeuna jerked when she felt two strong arms coiled around her shoulder. She tried to turn around but failed. "Wha--"

"Jeuna..."

Kai. It was his voice. She tilted her head to the side to take a glimpse of him and right then, it was made clear. Kai was embracing her tightly that she felt her whole body weakened in an instant.

"What are you doing? Kai!"

....

"Let go of me!"

.....

"Kai..please..."

"Don't push yourself too much in work," he murmured. "You might get sick or something."

Jeuna squeezed her eyes close when she felt Kai's fingers ran through her hair. 

"Just ask for help if you need it, Jeuna."

"Please. I.." she twisted her body to escape but failed again. "I'm fine...really...You don't have to worry..."

"I worry. I worry a lot when it comes to you..." Kai muttered. "And you know exactly why."

"Kai.."

"I know I've said these many times already but I really---"

"Kai! Kai! Are you there?!" A loud call from the other side of the door interrupted them. 

"Kai! Answer back. Are you there? You need to get out here quick! We are starting."

Kai sighed and Jeuna's face before he continued, "Listen. You are really special to me--"

"Kai! Hurry up!"

"....I know I have been so blunt about my feelings and how I treat you.  I am just... I don't know how to put it. I guess that's the only way for you to..at least think about me. But honestly, I--"

"Kai!"

"Did you find him?"

"No. Is the door locked?"

"Yes."

"Here's the key! Hurry and open it."

"..I am madly in love with you, Jeuna."

Jeuna slowly opened her eyes and breathed heavily. His words, though she heard them many times already, gave her a different feeling about it. When his embraced loosen up, she turned around and was about to speak when Kai moved in  and kissed her. "mmm...Jeu..na..."

Jeuna's eyes gradually grew bigger. Like a melting candle, she wasn't able to do anything but to get lost in the moment.

The door opened and Chanyeol was taken aback. He looked away and stayed behind the door awkwardly. Kai, arched his head away from Jeuna and smiled. "Wish me luck on this performance. This is for you."


A/N: Next chapter will be Lu Han's. *sigh My Bae~ ^.^

Thanks for dropping by.