:Truly:

Truly, Madly, Deeply

 


You/Jeuna: 21, a graduate of ARTS school together with her best friend, Sehun,  staying in a small apartment in Seoul,  quite shy but very sensitive to the needs of others

Sehun: 21, known as the “classroom clown/the weirdo/strange kid” when he was in high school because of his bizarre approach in studying and arts, classmates with Jeuna in HS and that was when they first met, sweet, playful, loyal

You have been friends with Sehun for many years. He is the kind of guy who enjoys making other people happy. He can be goofy and playful, but you realized that there's more to his happy-go-lucky disposition. When he's in love, he is in love.

 

It was early morning and Jeuna already got to understand how difficult life would be in her new school. She was shoved to her feet by a couple of rascal boys who were running in the hallway. No one helped her gather the books scattered on the ground when she fell. Some girls at the comfort room judged her already merely by looking at her. 

When Jeuna reached her classroom, she cannot help but sigh in frustration. She rested her head on top of the table to hide the anxiousness she feels, when someone tapped her shoulder all of a sudden.

"Heeeelloooooooo."

When she lifted her head, she saw a tall and fair guy with rainbow hair, waving at her with a big smile on his face.

"You're new, right?" He reached out his hand for a handshake. "My name is Sehun. I will be your seatmate from now on."

She paused momentarily before she did the handshake with him. How come he has this weird rainbow hair?

"If you are asking why I have this rainbow hair," he sat right next to her and continued, "It is because I am the clown of the class!"

"What?"

He laughed and answered, "You'll see."

 

"Ey you weird kid, you do the homeroom cleaning."

"Rainbow hair, you clean the board."

"Hey, weirdo, who are you with?"

"Hey girl, why are you with this clown?"

 Jeuna heard her classmates talked about her and the "weird" seat mate with judging eyes. She was starting to regret that she made friends with him. He was obviously the laughing stock of the class and all she wanted was some peace and quiet. Now, with him, it's impossible.

When she turned to Sehun, she was surprised at his expression. He was staring at Jeuna, observing her, while the rest of the class continued their little drama. It's as if he doesn't really mind the hurtful words for himself. He was looking at her with a concerned face. He was worried for Jeuna’s own sake.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Uhm-- yeah."

"Do you regret that you're seated right next to me?"he inquired further. "Don't mind those twits."

She felt guilty by thinking bad about someone who just wanted to be a friend. He was the first person who talked to her and made efforts to know her. Jeuna finally smiled at him and shook her head. "No. I am glad to be friends with you."

He grinned back at her and spoke sincerely, "That's good."

After her class, Jeuna and Sehun went together to check some clubs/organizations she might be interested in joining in. Since he belonged to the ARTS club and she was also into arts, Jeuna decided to follow him and join that club.

Congratulations on our HS graduation!

Happy Birthday, pretty!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I'll see you soon.

Happy Hearts Day! Here's a box of chocolates and a bundle of tulips for the beautiful Jeuna!

 

They did a lot of things best friends do together. They experienced the pressure of becoming a youth, and later on, being young adults. They even attended the same university together. She knew how good-natured this "weird guy" is. And he, too, understood how special Jeuna was.

They were both glad they found each other.

After graduation~

 

“A make-up artist?!” Jeuna blurted out, making Sehun, who was sitting across the table, almost choke on his pizza. She sighed and leaned back on the chair. “I didn’t study in arts school to become a make-up artist, Sese.” Sehun wiped the traces of pizza sauce on his lips and snorted. “I know. But at your current state, you need a job that could at least help you live through the demands of life!” He then looked on the side and laughed at himself, totally amused, “Wow. That was deep.”

“Come on. You can’t be serious,” said Jeuna with a discouraged voice. “I don’t even know how to use those make-up products…”

“Well…that’s because you’re naturally pretty. You don’t need those explosions of colors on your face,” Sehun grinned at her mischievously. Jeuna forcefully curled her lips upward, giving the guy a fake smile. The former just laughed at her even more.

“Hey,” Sehun’s voice suddenly dropped. He stared at Jeuna with an endearing look. “Why don’t you come to my apartment later? I have to show you something that I worked for in almost seven years.”

“Oh? Seven years huh? That’s the time when we first met,” Jeuna uttered with a reminiscent smile. “I wonder what it is. Painting? Sculpture? Installation art?”

“You’ll see,” Sehun beamed at her.

*Sehun’s apartment*

He walked ahead of her and slowly cupped on the door knob. He looked back to see Jeuna surveying the apartment complex. The hallway walls were bursting with abstract painting: pleasant colors and idealistic themes. She noticed Sehun’s stare and smiled. “I haven’t been here in a while. I’m pretty sure you did all these,” she uttered while brushing her hands across the wall. “You’re right,” Sehun replied. “What do you think?” She giggled and stared at him with pleased look.   “Of course it’s marvelous! I wouldn’t wonder if one of these days you’ll get a prestigious award for being so talented and skillful. I mean it.”

Laughter came out of Sehun’s mouth. He was obviously happy to hear that. But then, his happy face slowly dropped and he turned to the door. “Let’s go inside.” Jeuna immediately nodded.

Jeuna marched inside the dark room. She turned to Sehun who the lights. When she looked back at the vicinity, a gigantic portrait was imprinted on the bare colored wall; a woman with a sweet smile made out of pixels of photos. She gulped and glanced at Sehun in the corner of her eyes. “That’s great,” she murmured with a tensed voice. For whatever reason, Jeuna was tongue-tied and turned self-conscious at the sight. Sehun was probably joking right now…. but to do such an intricate piece of art for her was just … profound. She slowly swung around, but Sehun already locked her in his arms.

“Do you like it?” he whispered in her hears in a low and intimidating tone.

Jeuna was slowly twisting her body to get out of the unexpected embrace. But compared to Sehun’s strength, she could do nothing. She suddenly felt light-headed; her stomach churning and palms turning cold by the second. “What is this?” she managed to mutter in a weak voice. Sehun gently glided his hand across her arms and held her hand. They walked towards the decorated wall and while they motioned in, Jeuna could already see the small images that comprise the bigger picture; images full of memories. Her eyes traveled around while Sehun hugged her from behind.

“That was when I joined the arts club. You—took a picture..wait…you painted it?!” Jeuna’s jaw dropped at the realization.

Sehun tightened the embrace and kissed her head, “I painted everything.”

“You can’t do that---“

“I remember everything; your expressions, your mood that time… small things, but they were actually stuck in my head. That’s how you affect me, Jeuna.”

“Sehun…Why?” She tilted her head around to see his face. But at that moment, warm lips were pressed against her’s. Jeuna felt weak-kneed and almost lost her balance at the sudden contact. 

"I am in love with you."

He paused for a while and smiled. Jeuna looked away, feeling all flustered and weak. Sehun cupped her chin and moved in for another kiss before he leaned over and whispered, "I have been in love with you for so long. Please...let me love you truly."

.

.

..

Sehun.

That silly kid she met seven years ago. Her best friend. Her confidant. Her Sese.

How and why did he feel that way towards her? Jeuna could only guess. But as her eyes fell heavy, she found herself turning around and embracing him back.

Is he the one?


A/N: It took me a looooooooooooooonggg time to update this because, well, tbh Idk. I'm so sorry. But I am the kind of person to finish everything I started so here it is; first chap with Sehun.

Get ready for Kai's. :)