Final

Here's to more childish arguments

It’s the 4th time someone left food for the stray cat that lives in front of Sujeong’s apartment. It’s not hers in the first place but she feels angry, because she’s supposed to be the one feeding it. The cat just decided to live there and she felt the need to take care of it and treat it like her own. After all, she’s living alone and the company of the small and fluffy animal isn’t that bad.

 

So, Sujeong plans something to catch the prey.

 

If only people could see Sujeong right now, there’s a high chance they would think she’s crazy. She’s on top of the windowsill, hiding herself behind the curtain, and patiently waiting for someone to appear right in front of her eyes. She’s torn between giving up to watch movies on Netflix and confronting whoever feeds the homeless cat, but just right on cue, the front door of the apartment across hers swings open and a guy around her age walks out, holding a bag of cat food.

 

Bingo.

 

Sujeong feels proud of herself for catching the thief, although she can’t help but wonder that all this time, she has an attractive neighbor. This casually reminds her the time Yein, her best friend, told her to try to socialize – starting with her neighbors. And she thinks, this may be the perfect time to mingle.

 

But Sujeong is too stubborn; she still follows her original and not-so-properly-strategized plan. As soon as she steps out of her apartment, she shouts a loud “you!” which startles the guy.

 

“What me?” The guy asks with eyebrows furrowed, obviously confused.

 

“You’re the one who feeds my- the cat!”

 

The guy stands up and crosses his arms, one corner of his lips lifting in a cocky grin and coolly says, “And you’re mad about it? I’m sorry but the last time I checked, stray cats can be fed by anyone.”

 

“The cat is mine!” She says with conviction, glaring at the guy in annoyance.

 

The guy laughs, irritating Sujeong more, and says, “Just because this cat lives in front of your apartment, it doesn’t mean that you already own it.”

 

This guy actually makes sense and it just made Sujeong want to fight him some more and maybe, just maybe, she wants to argue with him about the simplest things with his arms tightly wrapped around her waist while showering her with feather-light kisses on her forehead, cheeks, and lips, but reality is harsh.

 

It’s really crazy and childish of her to accuse the innocent guy when he’s just trying to be a nice citizen of Korea. Somehow, it’s like the cat understands the situation and looks up at her with pleading eyes, making Sujeong raise the white flag and mutter an apology.

 

“It’s okay,” he says, holding out his hand, “By the way, I’m Taehyung. Kim Taehyung.”

 

Sujeong takes the hand, saying, “Ryu Sujeong.”

 

She feels the butterflies inside her stomach when Taehyung flashes a breathtaking smile and says, “I know.”