SIX

Love Again

A/N: If you had been confusing about the point of view in my writing, I will write the character’s name on the title if I change the point of view other than Kyuhyun. If there’s not stated any character’s name, the chapter’s point of view will be KYUHYUN.

It had been two weeks Minji hadn’t contact me. I tried to call her but she turned off her phone. I went to the dining table seeing ahjumma is serving Kangin and Donghae. “Good morning.” I greeted. The hyungs had been asking me where Minji is but I managed to turn over the topic. But this is ahjumma. This is impossible. “Minji is having fever.” Ahjumma suddenly said. I looked at her. “You don’t know Kyu?” Kangin asked, looking at who was about to have my meal. I just shook my head. “Don’t tell me you left her!” Donghae exclaimed. I shook my head again and had a spoonful of rice.

“She doesn’t want me to tell you but you should go. She’s not eating well. Her eyes looks like a pillow. There were puffy.” Ahjumma added.

“Yah! What did you do to her?!” Donghae looked over me.

“An intern doctor in the hospital told her about RaeJoon and I. She told her everything. She felt guilty and decided to leave. I said I’m giving her time to think again. I tried to call her but she turned off her phone. I went to the hospital but she was busy working. Since when that she had her fever?”

“It was burning hot last night. She’s at her apartment and refused to go to her parents’ home. I came to fetch her if she was coming here because she said today is her off day. I gave her medicine and made some soup for her before leaving. You should go and check on her. Here’s the passcode to her house.” Ahjumma said while writing a passcode on a piece of paper before handing it to me.

*             *             *             *             *

0302. It was my birthday on her passcode. I went in, it was quiet. “Minji?” I called out but she doesn’t respond. I walked inside and opened a door. It was her bedroom. She was sleeping with the blanket on her leveled to her neck. I sat by the bed and put my palm on her forehead. It’s hot. She woke up and was shocked seeing me by her side. “What are you doing here?” she sat up.

“To check on you. Ahjumma told me you had fever. Why didn’t you call me? Have you gone to the clinic?”

“Not yet.”

“Let’s go. Have your sweater. Where is it?”

“No need. I’m fine. I took two pills of Paracetamol and Brufen. I should be fine.” She smiled weakly. It reminded of me how RaeJoon still managed to smile eventhough she was in pain. I Minji’s hair and kissed her forehead. “Kyu..” she called. I looked at her with a smile. “I told you—“

“I never said that I’m agreeing to break up with you. I gave you time and you haven’t gave the answer.”

“What if my answer is no?”

“That’s not the correct answer.”

“Kyuhyun.” She sighed. I smiled and held her hands. “I will try to love you. You shouldn’t feel any of this guilt. It was RaeJoon herself came into my dream asking me to find a replacement. It is you. You’re the most perfect girl. I don’t want to lose again. It hurts, Minji. Do you love me? Honestly, do you?”

“Yes.”

“Then what?”

“Identical faces doesn’t make me as best as RaeJoon.”

“Okay. If you still can’t make it for us, I will give you time to adapt and make yourselves comfortable. On a condition, we’re not breaking up. Regardless of how you treat me, how uncomfortable you are with me, being my girl, you have to work it out. Because you already love me, you just have to work on to have you are comfortable by my side.  Okay?” I suggested but she kept her silence. “Let’s get married.” I proposed. Only then she looked up to me. “Let’s get married.”

“Do you know how hard this is for me?” she asked.

“Do you know how hurting it is to lose again?” I asked but she went to silence again. “So, marry me.” I proposed again. “Give me time?”

“No more time. You ignored me. I want the answer now.”

“Kyuhyun ah.” She pouted weakly with her sick voice. It totally reminiscing me of RaeJoon few minutes before she left me. This is making it clearer that I could work things out with Minji. “Yes or no?” I pushed. She just nodded as an agreement.