Heartbroken

How to fix a broken heart

  As I thought, Sehun showed up the very next day. He wasn't alone though - not with Chanyeol this time, but his girlfriend. Actually not a girlfriend - but a boyfriend.

 "Hey, Luhan that is the girl I told you about. The one who made Chanyeol escape,"- Sehun said smirking at me.
 "Oh it's you? Nice to meet you. My name is Luhan"
  I was surprised. I thought Chanyeol said that he has a girlfriend. 
 "Are you surprised? Well, we've been in love for 3 years now. But we came for a different reason. You should help Chanyeol get over his breakup,"- Sehun smiled. (Oh no, I shouldn't do this)
 "Well Sehun said you are a miracle person. After Chanyeol came back from the cafe that day, he stopped drinking and talking about his ex. Unfortunately this thing lasted for a day only. Only you can handle his personality."
 "Um, sorry to disappoint you, but it will never happen,"- I frowned, recalling the day before. 
 "Come on, just help him snap out of it. Try it. For days- a week. We won't bother you anymore after that."
  Who are they? I don't even know this people. They ask me something that can never be done...maybe. Chanyeol has possibly the worst character I've ever seen, but he is a person after all. He deserves to become someone better. He deserves to get over his breakup. Just like I did.
 "You are pretty convincing aren't you?"- I said desperately. "Can't he get over that breakup himself? Everyone does- eventually."
 "You said you have a breakup formula. We wouldn't have asked you without it. Try"
  I hated to admit it, but this couple was pretty convincing. Maybe it was Sehun's persuasive charm or just the hope in Luhan's eyes... But I did it.
 "Fine. Only a week. And no guarantees."
 Sehun grinned at me and Luhan gave me a hug. 
 "Thanks. You are a miracle person indeed,"- he murmured into my ear.
 " I will start this afternoon whenmy shift ends. I want to be done with it as soon as possible."
  They nodded. I was convincing myself that I was doing it for Sehun and Luhan, because they proved to be a major arse. 
  Little did I know, that they were trying to set me and Chanyeol up.
 
 
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
 
  That afternoon, Sehun and Luhan brought me to Chanyeol's house. I walked behind them, hands in the pocket, kicking at the gravel its on the pavement. The couple walked slightly ahead, guiding me to the gates. Sometimes they looked back, to see, if I had escaped already. But I didn't. Once I make a promise, I do keep it, no matter how tough its gonna be.
  Suddenly I asked them. "How is Chanyeol like? As a person?"
  "Well he is really nice, if you know him well enough. But I would say he sometimes acts a little immature and a little idiotic."
  A little? That certainly was an understatement - from my first meeting with him, I didn't get a good impression of him.
  Nodding unsurely, I continued following them until we came to a huge white housesthat made my eyes widen at the moment I saw it.
  Needless to say, Chanyeol was rather wealthy.
 "Go on,"- Sehun nudged me forward when I stood staring at the house. "Knock the door, his mom will let you in."
  This was absurd. But a deal is a deal and I couldn't help it. Feeling hesitant, I made my way to the door and softly knocked the door, I waited for 10 seconds before the door opened to reveal a beautiful, tall and  brunette woman, happening to be Chanyeol's mother.
  She smiled at me. "Are you the girl coming to see Channie?"
 "Um... well yeah."
  I faltered and threw a glance over my shoulder. Luhan and Sehun stood there, merely smirking as they observed me.
  Clearly, they were going to be much help. I held out my hand for Chanyeol's mother to shake.
 "Nice to meet you."
  She smiled and said me to follow her. Chanyeol's room was upstairs- the door ajar. Before opening it, she warned:
 "Be careful with him, okay?"
  I nodded and entered the room. It was much like any other guy's I'd seen. Clothes strewn everywhere, a smell of shampoo and aftershave, packets of chips lying here and there and empty cans of beer. The owner of this room was an absolute wreck.
  There was a problem- he was nowhere to be seen.
  I explored every corner of the room, and yet I found him on the tiled bathroom floor, obviously hungover. Again.
  I knelt in the floor and roughly shook him. Startled he immediately stood up, eyes wide open at the sight of a person who made him drink tea at the cafe. His eyes narrowed suspiciously, lips twisted into an ugly scowl.
  "What do you want?"
  "What do I want???"- I couldn't help but let out a sardonic laugh, turning away and heading to the shower. "It would be better if you ask yourself, what do you want?"
  "You think you can come and lecture me, don't you?" - he giggled picking up a beer can. "Well you can be kicked out of my house too."
  "Take your shirt off!"- I demanded. 
  A surprise was clearly there on his face, before he snapped: "Get out of here."
 "Well you asked for it,"- I smirked while dragging him into the shower. I jerked him roughly inside and turned the water on. I never heard someone yelling so loud and cursing at the same time, jumping in the cold water, but Chanyeol somehow managed to. 
 "Stop it, will you?"- he spat roughly and turning away. I could clearly see the anger in his eyes. 
 "Why don't you stop? Just get over it, will you? Past is past."
 He glared at me. "Why not rub the salt into my wounds?"
 "You are such a mess right now. You look pathetic. You are such an idiot to cry over someone who left you."
 "Are you done?"- his voice sounded hurt and he fell on the bottom of the bathtub.
 "Yes I am,"- I spoke softly this time and turned the water off. He did look pathetic. My heart pulled as I watched him. I entered the shower and knelt in front of him and he glanced up. Our eyes leveled and I noticed the tear which ran down his face in a tiny trail.
 "Go away,"- he muttered, attempting to close his face with a sleeve of his shirt, trying to hide a fact that he was crying.
  But I didn't back up. To my own surprise, I slowly wound up my arms around his neck. My action closed the gaps between us, forced the lower half of my body in between his knees. He stiffened at first, muscles tense, beneath my touch as I drew impossibly closer to him. His shirt was wet, it clung to me as a second skin, and I could feel its wetness seep into my clothes, into my skin, but I didn't care.
  I felt his uneven breaths as he buried his face into the crook of my neck and whispered quietly: "I hate that I'm so wrecked just because of a stupid breakup."
  I pulled back slightly, and cupped his cheeks into my palms, tilting his head up so he was looking at me directly in the eyes. "You are not wrecked. You are broken."
  I felt his palms slowly slide up my back, strong large hands mapping out the contour of my spine as he inhaled a shaky breath. His eyes were like a magnetic pull of a force field as he stared at me, his gaze held me captive, and I knew he was listening to the every word I said, drinking it all in. 
 "But then again,"- I mused with a small smile playing on my lips. "Aren't we all?"