Hate at first sight

How to fix a broken heart

Morning shifts at "Bloom and Goute" were always the same. Smell of coffee beans, orders from impatient customers and workers trying to best the morning rush hour.

  On weekends, it was quite different. The customers were more relaxed and the usual crowd was less demanding. Old people woke up early - and ordered the same breakfast and coffee everyday.
  I was manning "Bloom and Goute" alone that very Saturday day. Kyungsoo, the chef, was in the kitchen. I was leaning against the counter, enjoying my first cup of tea that day.
  Just as I wanted to head back intk the kitchen to get more tea, the bell attached to the entrance jingled, making me look up. 
  Two guys stumbled in. One of them, a boy with a wonderful pair of dark brown piercing eyes, had his arm wrapped around the waist of the other, and both seemed really tired.
  It was unusual to have such attractive boys at the diner so early in the morning, so I couldn't help but stare at them. The one with dark brown eyes was really handsome, but the other one made my heart stutter.
  His hair was the color of coffee, dark brown shade, that fell into his eyes as limp bangs. There were dark circles under his eyes and it was obvious that he was tired and clearly needed a shave. Anyways, he was the kind of boy you will fall in love at first sight.
  I watched in amusement as the two boys made their way to the counter, and the dark-brown eyed boy pushed the other on the stool and spoke to me.
 "I need coffee. Anything but make it warm, if possible," he said, bringing out a packet of cigarettes, along with a lighter. I stopped him.
 "No smoking here, sir."
  Slowly, he set the cigarette down. "Sorry," he sounded indifferent. "I had to stay all night and needed something to keep me awake."
  I examined them critically. His friend was slumped over the counter, his head buried in his arms. It was hard to tell - was he sleeping or just plainly drunk. I asked his friend.
 "What's up with him?"
 "He is completely destroyed," - the guy with a piecing eyes said, sending an annoying scowl at his friend. "Chanyeol just went through a difficult breakup. He thought it would be better if he drank all night and got himself sh*t-faced."
 "That's a very wise decision,"- I smirked and let out a laugh.
  The boy called Chanyeol raised his head. "Never tell the affairs of my love-life to the strangers, Sehun,"- he snapped, glaring angrily at his friend. When he turned his face to me, I thought that he would murder me right here, right now. 
 "Where's my coffee!?"
  I frowned. Drunk people were never fun to deal with. I poured the tea into a cup and placed it in front of him. 
 "Drink."
  Chanyeol sniffed. "That's not a coffee!"- he almost yelled sounding irritated.
  "I don't care,"- I replied flatly. Chanyeol glanced at me, eyes widened in surprise. "Tea is good for a hangover. If you don't drink it, I'm gonna make your friend shove it down your throat."
  Sehun grinned, and I forced myself to stay calm and not to laugh next. Chanyeol's eyes met mine, but he lowered his head to sip a cup of tea. His action surprised me. I didn't think he would listen to me.
 "You are good at forcing people do things,"- his friend commented, giving me a smile, and I fought myself not to blush. "Have you been working here a long time?"
 "Not really,"- I shrugged, beginning to wipe the counter, in case Kyungsoo comes in sees me doing nothing and talking to customers. "Actually, more than a year."
 "I never saw you before."
 "When do you come?"
 "Nights only,"- he grinned. "The night is the best time to come and have a good cup of bubbletea. It is really good here."
 "Well, you see, I work morning shifts only,"- I replied.
 "Don't you have a school though?"
  I was about to reply but a voice interrupted our conversation. "Stop hitting on the girl, Sehun,"- Chanyeol said, scowling at us. "You see, he's got s girlfriend."
  I lost my patience. There was nothing flirty between us, just a casual talk. I was about to say something sharp, when Sehun repeated his question again.
 "No, I am home-schooled."
 The silence was broken with a sarcastic laugh from Chanyeol. "It explains everything."
 "What?"- I was angry.
 " That bossy attitude you have. You clearly weren't taught to be around people, or teenagers your age."- he replied smoothly without looking up.
 " What did you mean? I see now why your girlfriend left you. You are such a brat. And at least, I can handle a stupid breakup and not behave like a child."
  It was a low blow, and I knew it. What could I do, if he acted this way. A look of astonishment flashed through Chanyeol's eyes, just for a moment, before he furiously stood up and yanked me towards him. Our eyes met and our noses almost touched. 
 "Girl, you are so wrong. I had a reason to drink. I loved her. She was one in a million. She was perfect and it's my fault. Do you see why am I so wrecked now?"
 "You are mad,"- I declared. "She wasn't perfect-"
 "Shut up!"
"- because if she was, she wouldn't leave you and tried to work things out.."
"She did love me!"- Chanyeol's glare was cold, almost dead.
 " you."- he said at last and stormed out of the café. 
 "Sorry please, he didn't mean it,"- Sehun said while paying a check.
 "It's fine,"- I replied.
 "You seem to have a lot of experience dealing with breakups."
 "I have a breakup formula,"- I said, this time smiling warmly.
 "I must be going. Thank you."
  I nodded and waved goodbye to Sehun. It was nice meeting him and he was probably the nicest guy I've ever known. I just hoped he won't come with his friend next time. Anyone but not him.
  I was wrong of course.                                                    
 
 
 ~Next chapter soon~