How They Ran

That Day, It Happened
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 It was almost midnight and they were driving towards Busan. There wasn’t a specific reason for that. It was the first thing that came to mind. Besides, Busan was pretty far from Seoul and if something bad were to happen, they could escape easily.

"We can't go home and we can't contact our families. If we use cards, they will track us down. Besides, the police will look for us too since we worked there tonight" She sighed and leaned her head against the window.

"What are we going to do?" He took a peek at her. She looked completely drained. The stress was backfiring.

"We can only use the cash we have on us" He stopped the car at a gas stop and turned to her.

"How much do you have?" She asked. He grabbed his bag that he randomly threw in the back and got his wallet. "Wow. Quite a few, huh?" He rolled his eyes.

"Your turn" She threw her wallet at him. Luckily, she was a person who used to keep the wallet at her all the time. His eyes widened when he found only one bill. "At least it's 100 dollars" She only threw a glance at him before she turned to look on the window.

"It's fake" He raised an eyebrow. "I keep it in case I get robbed" He didn't believe her.

He inspected it closely and realized she was right. She was unfortunately right.

"Are you serious? Why would someone even think of that?" She shrugged. Woobin rubbed his face and tried to understand how she could be so, so...He didn't even have a word for it.

"At least you have enough money for gas" He smiled ironically at her.

"Of course. Because I work three jobs only to make money for gas" She noticed his sarcasm and didn't like it.

He got out of the car before she could say something. Gas stops usually had CCTV so he had to move quickly. He bought a 2,5l bottle of water and a few packs of kimbap. He paid for them and for the gas. Woobin was still holding on his precious money. The cashier took his money hard. He felt a stab in his heart when the cashier snatched it from his hand.

When he returned to Jiyoon, he found her leaning against the window with a grim expression. He threw the bottle and packs on her lap and went to fill the car. She took a pack of kimbap and inspected it closely. She rolled down the window and turned her head to him.

"I don't like spicy things! This kimbap has spicy sauce!" Woobin could barely care about her preferences. He ignored her but she wasn't giving up easily. "It's your entire fault if we'll have to stop so I can use the bathroom!" He didn't care.

She pouted and narrowed her eyes at him before she rolled the window back up. She grabbed her phone and realized she had only half of the battery full.

"Alright. Let's go" He entered the car and the engine. It was a good car and the sound made Woobin smile.

"So you like cars?"

"That doesn't concern you" She scoffed.

"We're stuck together for indefinite time. I think I deserve to know some things about you" He glanced at her from the corner of his eye for exactly a second.

"I live in Seoul and my university is in Seoul" She grew curious.

"What university? What major?"

"Seoul University. IT." She snorted before she started to laugh. "What?"

"You don't look like an IT specialist" He rolled his eyes. "You look more like the guy in sports who doesn't do very well at school" If that wasn’t off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter