Lee Jaehwan

Love Equation

Ken's POV

 

I walk out of my campus ground, almost dashing due to the feeling of a huge relief and tiredness from 2 weeks of constant studying for the finals.

 

Studying is not my thing like at all, I barely know anything I studied. I only read and remember... that's how I live.

 

Passing the regular game shop near my dorm, I was suddenly reminded of the game that I haven't finished.

 

That's right people, I'm a game geek! But don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those geeks that stayed up all night to finish a whole game, no. I'm more into the normal side of a gamer.

 

Walking into my dorm, I saw one of my roomates packing his bags, "yo Taekwoon hyung, what are you doing?" I asked.

 

"Giving birth to a cow, what does it look like?" He rolled his eyes. I pouted at him, "you don't have to be so sarcastic hyung..." I mumbled.

 

 He stood up and fix his shirt, "we got a week off so I'm gonna stay with my parents. Hakyeon already left an hour ago or so" he said while picking his luggage up from the floor.

 

"We got a week off and I didn't know anything avout it!?" I exclaimed as my eyes widened, "well you didn't ask..." he mumbled.

 

I pout at him, "well, both you and Hakyeon hyung could've told me... anyways, have fun hyung! And I'll expect some home made food once you're back!" I said as I plop myself on the sofa. 

 

I earned myself a pretty hard knock on my head as Taekwoon hyung got out from the room after bidding a soft and silent 'goodbye' to me.

 

I ruffle my hair, "this is gonna be a lonelt week..." I mumbled to myself knowing that my roomates won't be here for the next 7 days.

 

Sighing, I turn the tv on and also my playstation, picking the cd from the pile, I put the cd in the playstation and resume whatever I last saved in this game, 'at least no one will bother me and my game...' I thought to myself.

 

Without me noticing, 2 hours had passed and it's 4-ish pm or something. My tummy growled, as if it was saying that it need food to fill it up.

 

Pausing my game, I walk to the fridge and check what's inside while silently praying and begging for Taekwoon hyung to have mercy on me and make me some food to eat.

 

But appereantly he didn't. Everything in the kitchen was raw ingredients in which I don't even know, I rarely cook and when I do, the smoke alarm will ring.

 

Groaning to myself, I decided to go to the grocery store to buy snacks and easy instant food. and after buying groceries I'm gonna order some pizza or some sort.

 

Walking out to the complex of the dorm, I accidentally passed the game store again. thinking, 'what the heck' I walk inside the store and check the cds on the rack and also other fame accesories.

 

"can I help you?" A voice appeared from the counter.

 

She has a cute smile, her hair was braided loosely, her eyes twinkled with curiosity in her eyes.

 

"___ right?" I asked, slight grin started forming on my face, "Jaehwan? What are you doing here?" "uhm, I'm just going to buy groceries but this place seems to caught my attention I guess?" I grinned sheepishly at her.

 

She returned my smile, "well, if that's so then look around!" She said with that cute voice of hers. Unconsciously, I chuckle at her but I look around before eventually found a game that caught my eyes.

 

I took the game from the shelf and proceed to pay it, "you like these kinds of games?" She ask while inputting the item into the computer, "well, not particularly but I guess any type of game suits me" I grinned sheepishly.

 

She handed me a plastic with the game I purchased and I gave her my money, "well I think the game is quite good. I'm playing this one myself" I widened my eyes, "really!? No waaaaaay!"

 

"Mhm! It's true!" "Well, if that's so then how about playing at my place?" "Your place? Don't you have roomates?" "Naah, they're gone for the week actually so my dorm's free" "sounds great!"

 

Then she took a pen and my palm. She wrote numbers on it and bellow the number, she scribbled '___ ♡', "call me or text me okay?" She said as i walk over to the door and wave at her.

 

I walk a couple of blocks away to the grocery store to buy whatever I might need for dinner, breakfast, lunch or snacks.

 

After buying groceries, I quickly went home and order pizza for dinner since I'm already too lazy to actually cook something.

 

After ordering, I leap to my couch and took my game console. Soon, I was already deeply absorbed into the game, I didn't even realize when the pizza man came.

 

A pizza in my mouth, game on the screen and no worries about studying... this is what life supposed to be, I thinj my life is already perfect like this...

 

Except for the constant mocks from my 'already-hooked-up-to-someone' friends who kept bugging me about being too into games and not having any interest in girls.

 

Well sorry guys, but I do!

 

 My type of girl is actually a sweet, cute, bubbly girl... who knows how to play game, so... yeah... not much of girls like that exist in this world...

 

But while thinking of that, I suddenly got reminded of ___ and I quickly check my palm only to see her writtings are all smudge and now can't be read at any attempt.

 

Absentmindedly, I pout at my own palm and quickly shove a slice of pizza in my mouth to prevent me from grumbling over my own stupidity.

 

I was in the middle of releasing my anger by playing games when suddenly my phone rang,

 

"Hello??????????" I groaned loudly.

"Jaehwan!? You're still in the dorm!?"

"Yeah, where else would I be?"

"I don't know, somewhere a little more normal??"

"what do you want hyung??"

"oh, yeah! Do you see a black paper bag on the dining table?"

"No, Taekwoon hyung threw it out"

"HE WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?" he screamed from the other line.

I laughed at him, "chill hyung! I was just joking!"

"well you better be, Jaehwan... anyways that thing is for my girlfriend..."

"come to think of it, neither me nor Taekwoon hyung has ever seen you and your girlfriend hyung... I'm curious to be honest"

"well, I'll introduce her to you both whenever I want to... anywho, someone will pick it up, he'll be there soon so be sure to give the bag to him or I'll seriously cut your throat with my karate chop"

"I don't think you know how to karate chop..."

"NOT LITERALLY YOU IDIOT"

"Whoa! Calm your balls hyung! Seriously..."

"pshh, whatever. Anyways, thanks man! When I get back, I'll surely give you a treat for being such a good boy!"

"yah!! What do you think am I? A dog!?"

"specifically a labrador... and I'm a freaking Paris Hilton's chihuahua... just between us, Leo's a total white fluffy kitten..."

"Wait, what?"

"Gotta go! Bye! *click!* *beep* *beep*"

"W-wait- YAH HYUNG!!!!" 

 

I groaned loudly and let my body flop onto the softness of the couch while grumbling on how Hakyeon hyung is being stupid for leaving something that was supposed to be given to someone special is forgotten like that.

 

"Stupid hyung! Stupid stupid stupid Hakyeon hyung!!!! Stu-"

 

*knock knock*

 

I stopped what I was doing and stare at the door, pretty startled from the sudden sound from the door but I remembered that Hakyeom hyung said that someone's coming.

 

I walk to the door with the bag in my hands and open it.

 

The most shocking thing happened as I saw ___ standing in front of the door, she grinned widely at me, "Jaehwan? You lived here??" She asked, "yeah! This is me and my roomates' dorm actually... I share with another 2 guys... what are you doing here?" "I'm getting something for my friend? I don't know what but he said someone will give me the thing?" She said.

 

That's when I realized that I was holding the bag Hakyeon hyung told me to give, "oh! You must mean this!" I said and gave it to her, "yeah... thanks!" She then peeked inside, "you're... playing?" I was confused but when I look at the direction she was looking at, I realized what she meant, "oh? Oh! Yeah... I haven't got the chance to play this week so it's like some kind of redemption?"

 

"That game looks tempting though... seriously" she said while keeping her eyes on the game. I bit my lips, thinking on whether I should invite her inside or not. Eventually, I exhaled deeply, "wanna come inside? I have pizza"

 

She grinned at me, "pizza and game? Classic... I'm in though" she said and came in. She went to the sofa and sat there while I tailed behind her and put the black paper bag next to her bag.

 

We started out awkward, not knowing anything to say, well she mostly knows what to say and do. But eventually, as time passed we ended up playing together until late at night.

 

Joking and battling in the game while eating pizza, it was so much fun with her. I didn't know that girls would be into a game like her, she's one of a kind.

 

*ring ring* her phone suddenly rang, indicating that someone mafe a call to her.

 

She quickly pick her phone, "hello? O-oh yeah! I'm here already... chill man! No, I'm just hanging out here... yes, tell him I got the thing he told you to get which you told me to get! Ok, fine! Geez..." she then hung up.

 

"Who's that??" I asked. She put her phone back in her pocket, "my friend... I should get going, he's looking for me since I'm bringing his bag that contains a mysterious item" she joked and stood up.

 

I stood up also and walk her to the door as she followed behind me, "anyways, thanks for letting me play with you... and eat your pizza" she laughed and I replied her laugh with mine, "well, if I have another pizza that needs to be finished, I know who to call"

 

She punched me lightly on my shoulder, "well, see ya around nerd! Call me if you need someone to finish a level" she said. And before she went too far, I remembered that I didn't have her number, "_-___!! Wait!!" I called as I jog to her.

 

She her heel, "what is it?" She asked. "I accidently wipe your number on my palm, I only realized that a few minutes after I start glomping on my pizza" I said sheepishly.

 

She laughed and went over to me, she took my phone from my hand and type in her number, "there, this time, don't erase it ok?" She joked and went away.

 

I stood frozen as I saw her figure walking away, a grin slowly crawl to my face as I felt happiness in me when I saw the saved number in my phone.

 

'0xxxxxxxx - ___ ♡

 

The way she saved her number in my phone was super cute, she even put a freaking heart on it!!

 

This is it, she might be the one I'm looking for, but would she also like a gamer? I mean yeah sure we connect through game, but what if she likes those sharply dressed guys with manners that always eat in a freaking 5 star restaurants?

 

But I pushed those thoughts away and decided to just go with the flow, not caring nor acknowledging the throbbing pain in my head that screams, 'she won't want to be with a gamer like you, you freaking idiot'.

 

I took a deep breath and went inside the dorm to continue my game.

 

*a week later*

 

Through the week, we kept playing together, she came after her work hours which is 6 pm and we played games together, nothing else but that actually, but we enjoyed each other's companny.

 

Knowing that we both had the same liking made it easier for us to connect and to chat, we could speak whatever popped in our head without getting judged by other people weirdly like as if we said something inappropriate. 

 

Today was also like the other days before, it was already 5.47 pm which means she'll be knocking on that door in 13 minutes.

 

I waited and waited, I laid on the couch, still grinning since an hour ago or so.

 

Excitement is already settling in me and I can't help but feel all jittery and excited.

 

But as time passed and didn't come eventhough it has only been 30 minutes since our usual meet-up time in this dorm.

 

Then suddenly, in comes Taekwoon hyung with his luggage.

 

"Jaehwan, what are you doing?" He asked.

 

"I'm... waiting for someone" "who?"

 

 I sighed before answering him, "why do you wanna know, hyung? You don't usually act all curious about both mine and Hakyeon hyung's life and stuff"

 

He plopped next to me on the sofa, "first of all, I don't care about Hakyeon'a life because whatever his life is kept him busy from bothering me and molesting me... second, your life has been npthing but game... you eventually need to find someone..."

 

 "I did, hyung! I was close to someone and that someone came our dorm everyday during our week-off to play games with me... and that someone is a girl!" I said.

 

A grin appeared on his face, "that's good to hear... when you got together with this mysterious lady, introduce me ok?" He said as he tap my shoulder before going to his room.

 

I nibble on a piece of pizza before letting out a huge sigh for the nth time this day.

 

I ended up playing alone while eating my pizza.

 

The door suddenly barged open and in comes Hakyeon hyung with his luggage, "heya Jaehwan!" He greeted. "Hey hyung" I mumbled with my eyes glued to the screen.

 

"Oh by the way, get ready! Tonight I'm introducing you and Taekwoon to my girlfriend!" He exclaimed. Before I cpuld even utter a single word, he had already fled to Taekwoon hyung's room to do God-knows-what to him.

 

I turn off my game and went to my room to put at least something a little more appropriate to go out on.

 

Hakyeon brought us to a restaurant near the dorm, only a couple blocks away from our dorm. 

 

In the restaurant, we could see groups of peoples, probably a bunch of college kids just hanging out.

 

Hakyeon hyung led us to a group that consist 3 girls and 2 guys. He introduced us to them, "so, which is your girlfriend hyung?" I ask as I look at the 3 girls.

 

"It's one of the four" he replied while sitting down next to an empty seat, "four? There's only 3" Taekwoon hyung asked. "One is late, she had to fill in for her friend at work today"one of the girl said.

 

We waited for the girl to come in and we chat, seems like his friends are quite a good company.

 

I excuse myself to the toilet.

 

And when I walk back to the table, I accidentally bumped into ___, "hey! What are you doing here?" I asked. "Meeting some friends, you?" "Yeah, me too!"

 

 We walk to the table and when I look to the front, I saw Hakyeon hyung's friends wave at my direction. I was confused, so I look to my side and saw ___ wave back to the others.

 

"You're with them too?" I ask, "yeah? Wait, you too?" "Mhm! Hakyeon hyung is my roomate" "Hakyeon?" "Yeah, the one with the beanie... aren't you friends with them?" "Ahh... no, it's just that we're used to call Hakyeon with 'N' and it confused me" she laughed.

 

I sit on my seat and she sit next to Hakyeon hyung. Truthfully, knowing that she's one of the 'candidates' of Hakyeon hyung's 'guess my girlfriend!' Trivia made me nervous as hell.

 

I like ___, she is my type and I don't know who could replace her... but then again I had a feeling that she is Hakyeon hyung's girlfriend.

 

"Okay, now that the girls are here... I think I'm ready to tell you both..." he said with a grin on his face. My heart beats faster, "well, I've been meaning to tell you both but I wasn't sure so..." he paused and look at the 4 girls.

 

"I'm his girlfriend" ___ said with a grin on her face.

 

 and with that, I lost my whole sanity, my brain shut down in an instance. 

 

The rest of the night goes on with me not focusing on anything, my mind is blank and I felt like I forgot how to speak and think.

 

Once we went back, I quickly went into my room without uttering another word, too sad and depressed to even think.

 

And weeks passed by in a blink of an eye.

 

I found myself on the sofa of the living room in our dorm, silently playing by myself with a pizza between my lips, it has somehow became a habbit of me to play games while eating pizza.

 

I was playing mario kart when suddenly I heard someone, "That looks like fun..." it said, "pshh, this is a lot of fun!!" I replied unconsciously, "yeah, I know!" "wanna join? I have another con- ........" I cut my own words as I saw that I unconsciously hand over my second game console to the empty space next to me.

 

my head dropped back as my character lose the race in front, "i gotta stop thinking about her... at least she saw me when I went away..." I mumbled to myself.

 

_____________

 

Finally I updated this story!!!! HA HA HA!!!!

 

Sorry that I haven't update for a long time! I've been busied with mid terms and lessons and all that jazz.

 

But be sure to check my other stories and I recently made a new story:

 

The Brother, The Cheater and The Sweetheart

 

And comment bellow to tell me on what do you think about this story! Hopefully next week I'll post Ravi's story!

 

That's it for now! 

 

See you guys on the next chapter!

 

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

 

Quick Question;

 

 Do you guys like if I put writer's message on every chapter? Should I cut it out or should I keep writting messages?

 

 

Comment to let me know what you guys think or put suggestions and I'll be sure to try to follow the suggestions! ♡