Nobody Got Time For That

Label Name: MOMMY

 

3rd POV

Irene stares at the sight before her. There on her old couch, were three bundles of rosy cheeks and messy hair. She's been sitting cris-crossed in front of the kids for the last 15 minutes, the gears in her head barely working, trying to figure out what to do in her current situation. Irene gets up from her position and leans over the kids with quirked eye brows. She gives a small smile at the notice of the resemblance between the three. All having a signature sort of dark chocolate colored hair and cubby cheeks. 

"Mahhh..." the oldest sister mumbled out in her sleep.


Irene POV

What am I going to do with them, they already had a horrible time here. They even knocked out because of this mess. I looked over them one more time and realize something, they're going to be hungry once they wake up. "Shoot, what are they gonna eat?!".

I rush over to the kitchen and open every cabinet I have in search of something at least edible and easy to make. My hands push aside cans and boxes of ready to make recipes. When I actually wished i knew how to cook at least a proper meal. I mentally slap myself and continue to look for anything I can make before the kids wake up. I remove a pot from my line of version and, "bingo~", I grin at my finding.

"Mac and cheese, a childhood favorite!" I snap my fingers in triumph. I'm so pitiful right now, I shake my head at my sad state and pop out the blue box.

I take out the cheese packet and place it on the counter. "Now the directions...", I look at the print on the side of the box and follow the instructions so I wouldn't set my place on fire. Next thing I need is to be is homeless. 

I pour the pasta into the boiling water and wait for it to soften. I lean against the counter and massage the nape of my neck, sighing. I think back to an hour ago when I was with Aunt Shoo. Why would she have a baby and two toddlers in her boxes? Why do they think I'm their mom? I groan at my questions and ruffle my hair in frustration. "Aunt Shoo, what in the world were you thinking? Why me out of all people??".

I see the water boil and decide to put in the cheese. With that done, I place the lid back on and lower the heat for it to cook a bit longer. 

"Umma?"

Huh? I turn around and find the little girl from earlier, rubbing her eyes and looking for... Well, I guess me?

She spots me and hesitates for a second. I guess it's better to be open than seem intimidating. I smile awkwardly at her and crouch down to eye level, spreading out my arms. She lightens up at my actions and runs over to me with her little feet tapping the tiles of the kitchen floor. I catch her and pick her up, "you uh... slept ok?".

She nods shyly and looks over to the stove, "what you making?"

"Mac and cheese, you think your sisters would like that?" Please say yes.

She nods but then shakes her head no. "Yeri can't eat."

What.

"What do mean she can't eat?" Everyone eats, no human can survive without eating.

She flails her arms around and tells me enthusiastically, "she only drinks!"

Drink...

"Oh! She only drinks milk!" I slap my cheek. How stupid can I be? 

"No, don't hurt you!!" She grabs my hand that I used to slap myself and holds it possessively. 

I laugh at her antics, "no~ don't worry I'm not hurting myself," I try to take my hand away but she wouldn't let go.

"Me no trust you" she glares at me and tightens her grip on my hand. 

This is to much adorable for one day, I pulls back my hand, "Aish this kid~" I ruffle her hair, "I promise not to slap myself, I shall pledge a promise!" I mimic a solider.

"Pledge?"

Sweat drop.

"Never mind... It's nothing~"

I hear sizzling from behind me.... !! The food! I hastily put down the girl and try to save the hopefully not burnt Mac and cheese.

I lift the lid and...

Well I was hopeful, wasn't I?

I stare at the burnt sides of the pot and dried out Mac and cheese. "There goes breakfast..."

"Umma?"

I realize the girl was still behind me and basically saw my fail at serving food. 

I squat down to her, "Hey hun, what's you name?"

She gives me a toothy smile, "Wendy!"

I smile back and point to myself, "I'm Irene unnie".

Her smile falls and looks at me confused, "umma."

"No hun, I'm your unnie, not umma," I try to explain to her as gently as possible.

"Umma..." Her voice cracked.

! I laugh nervously and wondered how was I going to explain to her I was defiantly not her mother. 

"Umma...?" I hear a voice call me from the living room.

There's my cue, "Wendy-ah, come on," I stand up and hold out my hand, "looks like your dongsangs are  up". She grabs my hand and follows me to the living, there we find her sisters. 

"Joy~" Wendy smiles and scampers to her. She looks around and spots Wendy and then sees me. Joy doesn't move and watches me. Wendy notices this and starts to pat Joy's hand and smiles all goofy. The taller girl looks back at me and squints her eyes. Do I seem that untrustworthy?

I watch as Wendy pulls Joy by the hand and moves her towards me, setting her in between her and I. The kid looks up at me and puts on a unreadable expression. I scratch the top of my head and slowly kneel down. "Uh hi? Umm... Did you have a good nap?". Joy's poker face doesn't change, making me feel pretty uncomfortable for an adult. 

"Joy!" Wendy whispers harshly, "be nice!" And nudges her.

"I know I know, stup pwushing" 

Wha-what is this? I feel like our ages got switched. I smile uneasily and bring my attention back to the bickering duo.

GURGLE

I rise a brow and eye the two, "sounds like someone's hungry".

The victim gives herself away as her chubby little face turns pink.
Wendy laughs and smiles brightly, "Joy's always hungry!".

My face soften at the girls..... what am I going to fed them. My head drops when I remembered how I fail to make even Mac and Cheese.

"Umma?"

I snap out and angle my head to the voice. 

"What are we eating? Joy's hungry and Yeri's gonna be hungry too."

OMG I almost forgot the baby! I quickly stand up and check over the couch. I see that Yeri hasn't moved since do placed her there but I walk over and.... "How do I carry her again...." Damn me and my lack of child interactions.


3rd POV 

Irene hesitates and remembers the last time she picked up the baby. Sighing, she stops her actions and walks to the front door. Putting on her shoes and grabbing her keys, Irene goes over to Wendy and Joy, "imma be back ok, just uh don't touch anything and uh..." She looks around and finds what she was looking for. She snatches the item and hands it to Wendy, "here's the phone, call 911 if something bad happens".

Wendy and Joy stare at the phone and stare back at Irene. 

Awkward silence.

Irene coughs, "ok then," clears throat, "imma be back ok, just gonna get something for you to eat"

Joy's hand shoots up, "can I have Chicken?"

"What? Already?"

"Joy likes chicken," Wendy points out, "can I have gummies?"

"No, it's to early for candy," Irene turns to Joy, "and it's still breakfast, so no chicken".

"Aww..." the duo whine and pout. They hold their hands up together and give Irene a taste of the dangerous.... PUPPY EYES.

She starts to sweat and slowly backs away, "no, no means no..." She backs all the way to the door. Irene sees the knob of the door, "ok see yah!!" 

THUD

"Unnie?"

"Hm?"

"Umma left"

"Yup"

"Unnie?"

"Yah?"

"Umma dwidn't lock da door"

"Uh hu"

"Unnie..."

Wendy looks at her dongsang curiously, "yah Joy?"

"This new Umma... Is werid"

"That's not nice!"

"Bwut it's true!"


Irene POV

Crap! I was not expecting that! I huff and relax in my car. I flash back to the scene at the house. That's it, it's official, kids are scary and will manipulate you. I continue driving down the street and search for the super market. "Ok I need... Milk, I guess cereal, maybe bread... There's three of them, would that be enough? Eh I'll gets some fruit while I'm at it". I daze off and see a figure in front of me...WHAT?! I slam on the brakes and come to face with a pissed off woman that I almost hit. 

"YOU IDIOT!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" I hear mad beeping and honking from the cars behind me. Opps.

"..." I whisper. I see her stomp her way to my side window and point at me accusingly.

"CAN'T YOU READ AND SEE THAT THE LIGHTS RED?!" I take the hits of the obviously angry words from the brunette woman. I stupidly figured it would be better to look at her. I roll down my window, taking away my last piece of protection, "I'm really really really extremely sorry, I kinda have problem-"

"Yah I noticed." she cuts in sarcastically. Well you don't have to act like that. 

I control my annoyance and try to apologize again, "but honestly I'm sorry" I look up and made eye contact with the her. I noticed she can't be any older than I am and has mono lidded eyes that give her some sort of sharp look.... Which I'm guessing she's trying to kill me with right now.

She scoffs and turns away, calling over her shoulder, "Next time, actually read the signs, but if you can't even do that, I suggest you go back to divers school"

WTF. Did she just really?! I take a deep breath and cool down. I got no time for this, I gotta get back before Yeri wakes ups. I see the woman walk off, brunette hair, mono lids, and all. I click my tongue and pout, well it's not like I was trying to kill you, but after that, I wouldn't mind it one bit, jail isn't that bad. I smirk- 

BEEP!

"S-Sorry!! I'm going I'm going!" I wave my hand frantically out my window and quickly step on the gas. Damn it, now I'm causing public traffic, thanks a lot.

 

 

 

Guess who the angry woman is guys LoL