Junhyuk

HOTSHOT short stories

I have been a trainee for almost three years now. I really enjoy the trainee life with the lessons and all the new friends I've made, but like everyone else I can't wait to debut and stand infront of an ocean of fans. It isn't quite my time to debut yet but the company has given me an amazing opprtunity to do a pre-debut stage. And if that wasn't enough I was going to perform with HOTSHOT's Junhyuk!
It's a bit nerve wrecking since I am a huge fan of HOTSHOT and Junhyuk just happens to be my bias. We don't get to meet them that often even though we are from the same company and practice in the same building. I had met them a few times though, they probably wouldn't remember me though, I'm just one of many trainees.
That is until my vocal coach told me I would be performing with Junhyuk. Aparently our voices "match" and my dancing could rival with the other idols already.

I was nervously walking towards the practice room where I had been told me and Junhyuk would practice for the weeks leading up to our performance. It is quite late at night, normaly I would be home at this hour but since Junhyuk is very busy with group activities this was the only time he was able to practice with me.
I open the door to the practice room and peek inside, all the lights are off and the room is pitch black and silent. I turn on the lights and look around the lit up room, there is no one here. 'This is the right room right? This is when we set up to meet right?' I glance at the clock on the wall, it's five past, I'm late. 'He wouldn't have left already would he?' I'm only five minutes late.
I shake my head to get out of my panicky state, he is probably late just like me. I walk into the room leaving the door still open, I throw my bag next to the wall and sit down in the middle of the room. 'I guess I will just have to wait.' I sigh and lay down on my back staring up into the ceiling. It's a very plain ceiling, I don't think many people take the time to look up at it, this is the stage of the worn down floor and the mirrored wall. The ceiling is nothing but a forgotten viewer. I start tracing the lines of the ceiling with my finger, I don't know for how long I just lay there exploring every line and crack.

Suddenly I hear a knock, schocked I jump into a sitting position.
"What are you doing there?", Junhyuk walked into the room with a friendly smile. 
"Oh nothing, I was just... erm nothing.", I reply nervously.
He walks up to me still smiling and takes a seat next to me before looking up.
"You know, I have been in this room hundreds of times but I don't think I have ever seen the ceiling.", he chuckles still looking up.
"Yea, me either.", I say taking my eyes off Junhyuk, staring up at the ceiling again.
"It's quite ugly don't you think?", he says not taking his eyes off the ceiling. 
"I guess. But just imagine how much it has seen. All the people who have danced, laughed and cried under it.", I say lost in the ceiling.
Junhyuk takes his eyes off of it and looks staight at me instead.
"You are right, it's beautiful.", he says with a more serious and sincere voice.
His words bring my eyes to him, looking straight into those warm and loving eyes of his. The way he is looking at me makes me feel all weird inside, a good weird, but weird. I snap out of the spell of Junhyuk's eyes and reach out my hand with a smile.
"I'm y/n!"
Junhyuk chuckles but takes my hand.
"I know who you are y/n.", he says while still holding my hand and standing up. He pulls me up to my feet, we are standing very close to each other. 
"I have heard you sing and seen you dance many times. That's why I asked to have you as my partner. Your voice is beautiful and it will make this song come to life. Your dancing is even better than mine. It's an honour to be able to stand on the same stage as you, especially at your very first performance.", he says letting go of my hand while smiling.
"Really?!?", I ask in schock. "You asked for me?!? Out of everyone, me?!?"
"Yes, don't be so shocked.", he chuckles and walks to his bag which he left by the door.
"You've heard the song right?", he asks after pulling up a music player from his bag.
"Yes I have. It's very beautiful but difficult. I have practiced on my own at home and I think I have gotten it down.", I reply.
"Great!", he says  now at the stereo pluggning in his music player. "Let's focus on the dance today then. I have some ideas I would like to show you." He turns on the music and walks to the center of the room where I'm still standing. 
"I'll show you and then you tell me what you think, if we should change or add anything.", he tells me while stretching a bit.
"Ok that sounds good.", I reply and walk closer to the wall so he can have space to dance. 

He smiles at me and then starts dancing. The way he moves his body is extraordenary. Every move is a perfect balance between power and grace. 'How can he say that I dance better than him??'
The dance is very complicated, a lot of difficult moves followed by even more difficult ones. It's beautiful though. The flow matches the music perfectly, the moves are strong but still subtle enough not to over shine the music. It's a perfect harmony, dance and music as one. 

He stops dancing and walk up to the stereo turning it off.
"So what do you think.", he asks a bit out of breath.
"It's amazing! It's like you have taken the music and transformed it into dance. It's perfect."I reply.
He walks towards me, he is coverd in sweat making his t-shirt stick to his body, showing every perfect muscle in his torso. I can't believe how I am right now, I just want to throw myself at him. But no I can't, we are working. Besides he would never be intrested in me anyways.
"Perfect?", he walks even closer and stops only inches away looking deep into my eyes.
"Y-y-yes. Perfect.", I stutter.
"I made it while thinking of you.", Junhyuk says in a deep voice, still incredibly close to me. "The way you move your body, the passion in your words when you sing. You're perfect.", he continues leaning his face even closer to mine stopping just before our lips meet. "y/n, can I kiss you?"
"Y-y-yes.", I stutter again, my heart beating out of my chest.
Junhyuk smiles before gently touching my lips with his.
His lips are so soft, so warm, so perfect!
He deepens the kiss, making my heart stop completely. 
I don't know for how long our lips touched, it felt like an eternity, but then when it was over it seemed like nothing more than a second.
"The ceiling is gorgeous for watching you dance. Please let me be gorgeous too.", Junhyuk says pushing his forehead onto mine while staring into my eyes lovingly.