Hojeong

HOTSHOT short stories

It's late, everyone has gone home already, oh well everyone but the night guard. I have gotten to know him a bit during all my late night practices. He is a really sweet guy, if he saw me still working by early morning he would bring me some coffee and maybe a snack. I still don't know his name though, and I don't think he knows mine.

At least five times a week I stay late to practice my dancing. The other trainees are really good, not to mention the groups who have already debuted, and I feel the preasure to improve. I enjoy these late night practices quite a lot, it's hard work and I can feel my body getting more sore each time but this is what I really love, this is what I was born to do. Nothing makes me feel happier than when I'm dancing, it's so simple yet so complex. It's nice to be able to practice on my own as well. It's not that I don't like the other trainees or the teachers, I just want to be alone from time to time. Dancing is a very intimate thing for me, it's like the music is my lover and dancing is our shared pleasure, our love making.

I walk towards the dance room like I always do at this time. There are a lot of dance rooms in the building, I'm sure I haven't even been in them all, but this room was my favourite. It's one of the smaller ones located kinda away from the rest of the rooms, I think that's why I like it so much, it's like my own little cave.
With my earphones blasting music into my ears I open the door to the room, as I always do. I take one step into the room and freeze. There is already someone in there, and not just anyone it's Hojeong from HOTSHOT. I didn't think anyone was still here, especially not him. Shouldn’t he be busy with scheduals?

Hojeong is looking straight at me, his eyes seem so cold and it scares me a bit. I take my earphones out before bowing deeply
"I'm so sorry, I didn't think anyone would be here", I nervously say.
I then turn around to leave faster than a bullet so I don't bother him.
"Hey! Wait a second!", Hojeong shouts to me.
"Are you the one who's been using my room at night?", he asks as I turn around to face him again.
"I'm so sorry, I didn't realise it was your room. I will never use it again.", I managed to say before turning towards the door.
In what seemed like only a second I can feel someone grabbing my arm and forcefully spining me around.
"Yah I'm talking to you! How rude are you! First you use MY room without permission and when you get cought you try to flee from me.",  Hojeong shouts still having a firm grip around my arm.
"I-I-I'm sorry", I stutter. "I didn't try to flee I just didn't want to disturb you", I look down at my feet.
"Don't you think that if you were disturbing me I wouldn kick you out of here myself?", his words are still harsh and he keeps his grip around my arm but he seems to be calming down a bit.
I look up into his eyes which are no longer cold but rather loving. He stares back into my eyes and both of us seem to simply freeze in time. After what felt like hours Hojeong let go of my arm and turned around walking deeper into the room. I still stood there frozen to place.
Those eyes, there was something in those eyes. It was like I have found something I didn't even know I was looking for, like a part of me which was missing was finally returned to me. What was this feeling? 

"So what are you doing in my room at night?", Hojeong's voice snaps me back into reality.
"Erm, I practice", I reply.
"Why are you practicing all alone this late at night, dosen't the teachers teach you enough?", Hojeong was now sitting on one of the benches.
"No, no it isn't that! They teach me a lot! It's just, I feel like I need to put in more effort in improving, so I practice every chance I get.", I look at him on the other side of the room.
"I see. Do you need more practice? If you are staying this late every night you must be a pretty lousy dancer."
His words were hurtful but somehow I didn't mind, something in his voice made it sound like he said it because he cares and not to hurt me.
"No I'm not, I mean I'm not the best dancer the world has seen but I know how to move with the music.", I say.
"Show me.", he says short but stern.
"What???", I ask a bit shocked. 
"Show me your dancing. Let me see if you can dance or not.", he stands up and walks towards me.
"Show you? Now?!?", I ask as he moves closer to me, stopping when he is only inches away from me.
"Yes, now. This is when you normally dance right? So dance.", he says leaning in even closer to my face.
"O-o-ok", I stutter and take a step back. Hojeong grins with satisfaction.
"So what music do you want?", he asks walking up to the stereo.
"Any music is fine.", I reply walking to the center of the room, leaving my bag at the door.
"Any? I like the confidence! ", he smirks as he puts a CD into the stereo.

The music starts playing, it's an upbeat song with some heavy rap parts in it. I turn around facing the mirrored wall and I start to dance. I quickly forget everything else, it's just me and the music, and our passionate dance.
The song ends and Hojeong turns off the stereo and starts clapping slowly.
"My, my you really do know how to dance.", he says walking towards me with a mischievous smile. "I can see why you come here late at night to dance.", he says stopping inches away from me. "You dance with such passion and lust." He leans in towards my lips but change direction before our lips meet. Instead he softly touches my left ear with his lips and whisper, "I knew you were the one using my room. I was jealous of the mirrors who got to see you dance every night."
He slowly leaves my ear with heavy, warm breaths. Before I realise it he has walked past me and out the door.