003

Angel

"I can't believe it's finally Friday! Oh God, like seriously after a week of assignments, tests, quizes... this school really gives me a headache!" Woohyun said after he sat on the bench at the field of his school, following by Byunghun and Myungsoo. "Yeah, you are right. The first place I want to go after the bell ring is the new cafe across our school." Myungsoo said. "You are right! Lets call all of our friends, including Minsoo subae, having lunch at the new cafe." Woohyun said. He took out his handphone and messaged all of their friends to have a lunch at the new cafe. "What's so interesting at that new cafe. I heard from the girls at our class that the cafe was small and only can fit around 16 people at one time. And they also said something like 'if you wanna have a date with your boyfriend, don't go to that new cafe'. Byunghun said.

"You don't know, Byunghun? You really don't know?" Woohyun asked.

"Yeah, I really don't know what's so interesting at that cafe. And I've heard that the cafe frequently always full with men. Are there any y workers there?"

"Nevermind, let's see this afternoon." Woohyun looked at the big clock on the wall. "What? It's only ten? Oh my God, I really can't wait until the school finish. How about we ditch right now? Besides, the teachers are busy with meetings right?"

"I am not going to ditch the school... again. I really don't want to get into Mr. Ji's detention. Horrible detention." Myungsoo shuddered when he remembered the detention. "Allright, we will go after school." Woohyun said, sighing. "Yah, tell me why are you guys so eager to go to the new cafe?" Byunghun asked both of them. "Not only two of us, all the male students and the workers at the companies over there want to go there everyday." Myungsoo said. 

"Suddenly I remember what you told us that Hyunwoo helped a beautiful lady... well is it true?" Myungsoo asked.

"Tch, I went to the house yesterday with Hyunwoo and we waited for almost 4 hours at the outside. No one is in the house." Byunghun sighed.

"Maybe she already went for her work?" Woohyun shruged.

"I am not that stupid. I asked my dad about that and my dad said, there were no one moved in or moved out from the apartment for the past 2 years. Damn it that Hyunwoo... Grr." Byunghun messed his hair. The other two laughed. They knew, all of the students knew that Byunghun had a to pretty lady although he was a cold boy.

"Well, I hope he not hallucinating like you last night." both of them laughed at the frowned Byunghun.

The bell that indicates that the recess already ended rang. They got up lazily and went to their class.

 

Chanhee wiped the dirt on the table after the costumer left. She put the bills that the previous customer left on the table into her apron pocket. "Miss!" a customer called her. Although she was tired because from 9 until 12 noon she worked alone, yet she still put a friendly and cheerly smile on her face. She approached the customer. "Yes, sir?"

"May I have your phone number?" This question... she got quite many this type of question. Younger, older and even sometimes a father had a gut to ask for his child to ask for her number. Chanhee smiled. "Sorry, sir. But I don't have a handphone." Chanhee said politely. The customer frown. This type of reaction she always get after she said that she didn't have a handphone.

"Are you kidding me? In this 21st centuary you told me you don't have a phone? How can I believe that?" He laughed. "I'm not kidding, sir." Chanhee said. The customer smirked. He eyed Chanhee up and down for quite a  while. Chanhee wore a light pink coloured dress and her hair was tied into a messy bun. She also wore a brown apron to prevent the dirts to get onto her clothes.

"S-sir, what are you doing?!" Chanhee yelped in suprise when the customer forcefully torn the apron away. It's only 12 and the lunch time for companies around there were usually 12:30, so there were only her and the strange customer alone in the cafe. "You've got quite a pretty and cute face, don't you?" The customer get up from his seat and leaned in but Chanhee backed away. She almost cried when her back met the brick wall but she doesn't let her tears down easily. 

"S-sir?" Chnhee tried to be brave but soon dissapear as he grabbed Chanhee's right hand and kissed it. "Be with me and I will give you wealth. You don't need to word hard like this." He leaned in and in Chanhee's suprise, he kissed Chanhee's nose. Chanhee struggled to escape. She tried to yell but soon was covered by the man's palm.

"Shhh honey. Do you want all the passerby out there know what we are going to do?"

"Let me go!" In her head, the image of her father and brother appeared. "What did you think that I'm gonna let you go, hmm?"

Chanhee cried. She felt scared with this man. Before the man could do anything, someone pulled that man and threw him to the other side of wall. Then, her savior hugged her to give a comfort. Chanhee looked up and saw a handsome man gave a glare to the other man. "You. Don't disturb her again." He gave a warning. The other man chuckled. "Tch, why? I don't think she is your girlfriend, high school boy."

The man came closed to both of them and Chanhee immeadiately hid behind the tall body. The man then punched her savior on face and grabbed Chanhee's arm. "I asked you nicely yet you didn't want to hear me." the man grunted and tried to kiss her while he wrapped her arms around her waist. The young boy then shoved him away and punched him on his face and his stomach. Then, he kicked the man's stomach and his private area made the ert customer groaned in ppain and surrender. Chnahee's savior pulled him up and threw the man outside of the cafe.

"Are you okay, miss?" the savior asked after he threw the man out. Chanhee wiped her tears and fixed her dress. Luckily the dress was not torn when the man gripped onto it hardly. "I-I'm okay. Thank you for saving me." Chanhee smiled. "I'm Jonghyun." The high school boy extending his arm to shake his hand with Chanhee. Chanhee grabbed his hand and said, "I'm Chanhee."

"Nice to meet you, noona." Jonghyun flashed a smile, a sweet smile.

"Yes, nice to meet you too. Ah, I should treat you something." she grabbed her apron and tied it. "What do you want to eat? Drink? I will treat you as my thank you for saving me." Chanhee said.

"Oh, really? Then, it's my pleasure because this is my first time I'm eating here. Hmm, I want a pasta, a small serving of french fries and a cup of mocha." Jonghyun said. "Your orders will arrive in 10 minutes." Chanhee smiled and went to the kitchen to start cooking. Jonghyun waiting there and looked at the surrounding. He smiled when he remembered the cafe owner's cute action. When she wiped her tears, when her nose squinted. "Why is she so cute?" he asked to no one, but to himself. Then, he smiled.

 

"PPALI, before the cafe is full!" Myungsoo yelled when he saw Byunghun walked slowly as a turtle, not like the others. They were practically ran from their classrooms to the cafe. "Gah! Finally, we arrived.!" Sehun looked at the front door. "Good news! The cafe is empty." Sehun opened the door first when he saw his hyungs still running. "Good afternoon!" A lady, beautiful lady greeted him. Sehun's widened his eyes. Oh... this is the pretty owner that everyone have been talking about. No wonder many men always come here, Sehun thought. "Wait for a bit. I will take the menu books for you and your friends." With that she left to the kitchen to bring the menu books.

"Yah, why are you standing at the entrance?" Byunghun pushed him and entered the cafe. He took a seat at the table next to Jonghyun. That guy... was so misterious. He just a cold boy that every girls in his school like. He walked alone, studied alone, eat alone, and he did everything alone. Byunghun never saw he talked to anyone, except the teachers and Eunmi. Eunmi and this Jonghun was bestfriends since they were child. Eventhough he coupled with Eunmi but he never talked with Jonghyun and Eunmi always said that lately Jonghyun was avoiding her.

"This are the menus. What do you want to order?" Chanhee came and distributed the menu books to 4 of them. Byunghun looked up. His jaw dropped. This is the girl that passed by the nightclub! "...juice and pasta. Byunghun-ah! Hello?!" Woohyun called for him as Byunghun kept staring at Chanhee with his jaw dropped. He waved his hand infront of Byunghun's face made Byunghun snapped from his own thought. Chanhee smiled shyly. She knew that this Byunghun guy was stariing at her while his friends were taking their orders. "W-what?" he stuttered.

"What do you want to order?" Sehun asked annoyingly. "Oh.. umm wait." he watched carefully the menu and ordered them. "Wait here for a bit." Chanhee smiled and then she went to the kitchen while Byunghun's eyes kept following her. "YAH!" Myungsoo slapped Byunghun's shoulder. "Why are you staring crapily at the waiter, you dumb ." Byunghun smiled. "Remember the time when I told you guys that I saw a girl at the nightclub back then?" the other three nodded. "That's her."

"No way." Woohyun gasped.

"Yes way, Nam Woohyun." Byunghun said.

"No, that's the girl that I said I'm having a crush on." Woohyun said, his eyes fixed onto Byunghun.

"What?"

"Yes."

"No. It can't be."

"I saw her first, Lee Byunghun."

"Yes, you might saw her first, but it doesn't mean he will fall for you, dub ."

"Who is dumb ?!" Woohyun started to get angry. Myungsoo and Sehun looked at Woohyun and Byunghun a few times before they looked at each other. 

"Noona! I'm done!" Jonghyun cleared his throat before yelling. Four of them turned their head to the weird kid. "Ah, you're done, Jonghyun-ah ah. Wait for a bit, I'm gonna serve them." Chanhee walked to their table and smiled. "Here are your orders." Byunghun gave a gentle smile. "Thank you."

After that Chanhee moved to Jonghyun's table. "Jonghyun-ah, gomawo once again. If you feel free you can come again." Chanhee said, patting Jonghyun's shoulder. Jonghyun smiled. He liked this lady. "It's nothing, noona. I will come here for lunch everyday, tho." Chanhee giggled.

 

After Jonghyun left, the four began digging their foods. The cafe already filled with people, mostly men. Chanhee was busy serving for her customers alone yet she managed to put a bright smile on her face despite the incident with the ert customer. "Are you done?" Chanhee came to them and asked. "Umm, yeah. we're done." After they paying their foods, they went to their home. Byunghun threw himself on his bed with his left arm under his head. He can't stop thinking about the pretty lady at the cafe. He didn't know her name but he surely knew that the pretty lady was the same person with the girl he saw passing by the nightclub.

"Hyung!" Hyunwoo barged in his room with a sketchbook in his hand. Byunghun opened his eyes lazily and asked, "what?" in an annoying voice. Hyunwoo was a amazing boy. He could draw better that the adults and his drawings always get the number one place whenver he entered a drawing competition. Just say that he inherited it from his mom who was an amazing artist. But unfortunately, Byunghun was a bad artist, inherited by his dad. "Last night I worked up on my new drawing. As usual, I want you to comment it." Hyunwoo sat beside Byunghun. 

"Okay, what is it?"

"Here." Hyunwoo handed in the portrait to Byunghun. "That's the noona I told you. She pretty, right?" Byunghun stunned. The portrait was the lady at the cafe. So, she lives at dad's apartment? How?

 


Yeay! Finally the 3rd Chapter after I struggeling with writer block.

Leave a comment :)) (I'm in a good mood today, dk why)