It’s Fine As Long As I’m With You

It’s Fine As Long As I’m With You

“What are we going to do on Valentine’s Day?” Chanyeol asks his beloved boyfriend in one bright morning during breakfast at their shared apartment, two days before 14th.

 

Kyungsoo halts his daily routine, then placing his cup of coffee down on dining table, looking up to his boyfriend across the table with owl eyes. He asks back in such innocent manner, “Do we really need to have something special?”

 

“I don’t know. I just... feel like it.” Chanyeol grins happily and adds, “Last year I was still courting on you and... we kinda didn’t have anything to celebrate?” His mind flies to the memories when he and Kyungsoo had not been official yet and practically Kyungsoo refused his date because unfortunately his father was in hospital.

 

“You know we don’t have to, Chanyeol... It’s not really necesarry.” Being considerate and understanding boyfriend he is, Kyungsoo knows that Chanyeol is a busy young man with tight schedule. It’s a normal if he feels tired easily and just want to sleep by the end of the day.

 

“Nah... It’s okay. It’s just going to be a dinner, Kyungsoo. Besides, we rarely have a date lately. I know it’s my fault.” Chanyeol frowns and sighs, still looking straight at his boyfriend eyes, seriously this time. I just want to make you smile.

 

“Don’t mention it, Chanyeol. I know you’ve just been promoted. Of course you’re busier now, I understand...” Kyungsoo tries to ease his guilty feeling, saying every word with full of concern, smiling warmly and take Chanyeol’s hand to his own. You know it’s fine, love.

 

Chanyeol tightens his hold and shakes his head. “You’re too nice. I just want to make you happy, so let me do it. I’m going to reserve a table, okay? I know it’s just a dinner but... It’s important to us.. to me, Kyungsoo. I’ve missed you.” Chanyeol brings his knuckles to his lips. You’re my truly happiness, let me please you.

 

Kyungsoo chuckles in fluster, “Okay okay... We are going to have dinner.” And that one sentence makes Chanyeol smiles giddily again.

 

Chanyeol drops teacher Kyungsoo at the International Pre-School, not before kiss his cheek goodbye. And that afternoon, Chanyeol is going somewhere to get something important to their future.

 

---

February 14th in the morning, anything goes like usual. Kyungsoo makes breakfast, they eat together, then Chanyeol drops him at school.

 

“I will fetch you before 5, okay? I’ll call you later.” He says the last sentence in english happily, making the english teacher Kyungsoo smiles sheepishly. You’re so sweet, what do i have to do with you in return?

 

“Okay... but just call me if there’s anything happen, deal?” Kyungsoo bend down to the car window.

 

“Deal! Love you, baby!” He grins happily, then he’s directly off to his office. Kyungsoo’s cheeks blossom to pink, he wonders why after a year Chanyeol still can make him feel like this. You didn’t let me to reply you...

 

---

It’s the third call when Kyungsoo finally answer it. “Yes, Chanyeol? Sorry, my student needed me, I can’t leave her. What’s up?”

 

Silent. But Kyungsoo can hear his heavy and tired breathing over the line.

 

“Yeah... It’s okay.” Sniffs. “Kyungsoo...” Sniffs. Why can’t people understand that I only need to be with you?

 

“Chanyeol...? What’s wrong? Are you okay?” He asks concernly. Somehow he knows... He just knows and he has prepared himself for anything. He can’t be panicked, not when Chanyeol like this. He’s such a happy virus, but Kyungsoo knows him much that sometimes he can’t bear his feelings and end up too emotional. You’re still like a kid, you know... but I love every side of you.

 

Long sigh. “Kyungsoo, I’m sorry... My boss suddenly wants me to go with him to Incheon to finalize our new business contract. It’s probably going to take all dong long. I’m sorry we can’t have our dinner tonight I thought my boss didn’t need me to come but he does now I can’t reject him I’m so sorry I think I won’t be home until midnight Kyungsoo baby I’m sorry...” He continues rambling apologetically and Kyungsoo tries to interupt but fail.

 

Kyungsoo feels a pang on his heart to hear that, but it’s not about the dinner, it’s Chanyeol sad and regretful voice that pains him. “Chanyeol? Hey, don’t rush youself. Now stop rambling and take a breath.” His voice sounds firm but very soft, he doesn’t want to add Chanyeol’s sadness. But he can’t help but feel amused now, Chanyeol can be so adorable sometimes. He can picture him pouting now and he just want to kiss it away.

 

“Why are you crying, silly? You giant baby.” Kyungsoo laughs lightly.

 

“You’re not mad?” he asks back carefully.

 

“No, I’m fine.” Kyungsoo still smile to himself over the phone, glancing at the photo on his desk. It’s the picture of Chanyeol and him smiling widely during a trip to Japan on Christmas eve.

 

“But, I have reserved a table and prepared for all of it. I want it to happen. This is so special to me, Kyungsoo.” He whines desperately.

 

“But we still have another time. It doesn’t need to be on Valentine’s Day. I don’t mind if we switch it to this weekend.” He shrugs to himself. What can i do to prevent this? What can we do?

 

Chanyeol heaves a surrender sigh, “Okay... So, what are you going to do without me tonight?”

 

Kyungsoo chuckles again, “As if I was never alone before... I’ll be fine, Chanyeol. I’m just going to bake cookies while waiting you home, hmm? How about that?”

 

“You know it’s my favorite, you’re the best, Kyungsoo. But don’t force yourself. Just sleep if you feel tired. I can’t predict when I can go home but...” apologetic sigh. “It’s going to be fine as long you’re there when I’m home.” He finally laughs lightly to himself.

 

“Of course I will be, silly.” Contented sigh. “Why am I babying you too much, Park Chanyeol?” He teases and laughs melodiously, and It’s a nice music to Chanyeol’s ear.

 

“Because I’m your giant baby?” Chuckles. “Okay then. I have to get ready, I must be leaving in ten minutes.”

 

“Yes, you should go. Shoo!”

 

“Thanks, baby. I promise I’ll make it up to you.”

 

“I’m always ready~” He teases back to his boyfriend, making Chanyeol wants to go straight to him and squeeze him breathlessly.

 

“Love you so much, babe. See you!” He says cheerfully this time.

 

“Yes, I’ll see you tonight.” And I love you too, idiot.

 

---

Kyungsoo bakes cookies as he promised before, and he really loves the smell of it spread around the apartment. When it’s all finished, he proceeds to get change to his pajama then watch tv while snuggling to Chanyeol’s rillakkuma plushie on the couch.

 

It is 11PM when Kyungsoo fell asleep on the couch. He feels that he wants to see Chanyeol before the Valentine’s day is over. And he may have a little confession or be affectionate once in a while. It’s not everyday that he will cling or snuggly to his boyfriend. It’s always Chanyeol who initiates everything first. But that doesn’t mean he doesn’t love Chanyeol. He’s just naturally shy and Chanyeol knows him best.

 

Chanyeol arrives 15 minutes before midnight and catch his boyfriend snuggling on the couch with his rillakkuma. How cute...

 

He smiles contentedly, caressing his cheeks lovingly. “What did I do in my previous life to deserve you like this?” Doesn’t want to wake him up, Chanyeol decides to wash up first.

 

After he’s done washing up and change to his pajama, he’s back to carry Kyungsoo to their bed. Kyungsoo mumbles incoherently in his sleep when Chanyeol place him onto the bed.

 

“Ssshh, It’s okay baby, just continue sleeping.” He whispers sweet nothings to his ear and caress his hair to lure him back to sleep.

 

But Kyungsoo slightly moans before open his eyes sleepily. Chanyeol’s still watching his every move with full of love. “Chanyeol? You’re home...” He smiles his gratefully to the caring man in front of him.

 

“Yes baby, I’m here.” He reciprocates the smile, then take him to his warm embrace and sigh contentedly, laying side by side on their shared bed. They take their time to inhale each other’s scent. They’re together everyday but tonight feels different. It’s like they finaly let out their feelings of missing each other.

 

“Is it too late to say Happy Valentine’s Day?” Kyungsoo breaks their hug a little, looking up at him expectingly. Chanyeol smiles while shaking his head then kiss him on the forehead.

 

“Happy Valentine’s Day then, Park Chanyeol-shi.” He smiles his heart-shaped smile. You have no idea how much you mean to me, I love you.

 

“Happy Valentine’s Day to you too, Do Kyungsoo-shi.” I love you so much I can’t help it, what should I do?

 

They smile and look at each other lovingly, and then Kyungsoo cups Chanyeol’s cheeks to bring his face down closer to his own.

 

Their lips meet for a brief moment innocently, before they continue the hugging, more tight and affectionate this time, closing their eyes in the process.

 

After a while, Chanyeol takes and holds one of his hand then kiss it before carefully caressing while looking at it in detail. He looks like he has many thoughts on his mind now.

 

“Are my fingers that interesting to watch?” Kyungsoo chuckles teasingly at his boyfriend sudden behavior.

 

But Chanyeol looks seriously quiet and doesn’t answer it. Instead he places Kyungsoo hand to his other hand so he can put his free hand to his pajama pocket.

 

And suddenly out of nowhere, he slides a silver ring onto Kyungsoo’s finger, making Kyungsoo confused and speechless.

 

“Chanyeol... what--?” Kyungsoo stutters, looking back and forth between his ring finger and his boyfriend shockingly. Chanyeol only smiles bitterly but looks so serious and determined.

 

“Kyungsoo... let’s just get engaged, let’s get married. I love you so much, I can’t imagine living without you. I don’t even understand how I can still be alive before I met you. I don’t want to lose you, I swear to God there’s no word that could describe how much I love you. I just want to spend my life with you. Kyungsoo, would you fulfill my wish?”

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t realize that a teardrop already make its way to his temple and pillow. “I would love to, Chanyeol.” He replies in a hoarse whisper.

 

Now it’s Chanyeol’s turn to cup his cheeks and wipe his tears away. He himself already teared up but still keep his smile.

 

“Don’t cry...” Chanyeol teases while choked on his own tears.

 

“How can I not?!” Kyungsoo slightly slaps his chest like an adorable kid throwing tantrum. Tears continue flowing uninvitedly on his face.

 

Chanyeol kisses those tears away, making Kyungsoo melts once again, then embrace him tighter now.

 

“Is this supposedly your original plan? You want us to have a date on Valentine’s Day so you can propose to me?” Kyungsoo’s voice burry on his chest, giving vibration to his whole body.

 

“Yeah, but things happened not as our plans. I’m sorry to propose you like this.”

 

“No, Chanyeol.. It’s perfect. I love it, I love you. I also want to spend my life with you, forever.” He clutchs hard his pajama front as he said it.

 

Chanyeol put his hand on his waist to bring him even closer before kiss him passionately full on the lips.

 

Kyungsoo’s hand reach for his neck to deepen the kiss, until Chanyeol reposition himself above him. Legs tangle in a way there’s no room between their bodies.

 

They are smiling to each other while kissing blissfully.

 

I’m going to spend my lifetime loving you. And it’s all fine as long as I’m with you.

 

 

-end-

 

I actually have written the continuation of this scene but... decided to cut it like that *ahem*

Thanks for reading ^^