Dream - 1

Goddess Mask


Ma...

I opened my eyes to a black painted room. I tried to check around but it was so dark that I could only see around with a help of a faint light. A blueish light which was getting closer and closer to me.

Maa...

Someone was whispering a name. I had never heard of it before yet it felt so familiar. The light kept on coming closer to the point where it suddenly decided to stop. I could look right to it, it wasn't hurting my eyes. But for whatever reason, I suddenly felt seeds of fear blossoming in me. My hands got sweaty and I could hear my breathing. The light took a step     towards me as I tried to throw myself back but It was no use since I was already leaning an ice-cold wall.

Maya...

When I heard the name clearly, I wanted to cry, scream and punch the walls but at the same time I was so scared that my eyes were wide-open, my body shaking. Somehow the name terrified me to the level tears started to flow down from my cheeks. I, who didn't even cry when her boyfriend died, was crying like a baby.

The light suddenly jumped onto me, I screamed but suddenly my surroundings went dark. I opened my eyes slowly and saw a boy, standing between the searing light and me, like a barrier.

He looked at me with his deep cloud gray eyes and a slight smile popped up in his lips. He stood closer to me and hugged me, taking all the fear away, burying it down within his body.

"Sorry, princess. I'm late." He whispered, protective and caring.

"Who..." 

He smiled. "You know who I am. I am your savior, princess. I am Oh Se Hun. You better not forget me."

I didn't know who was this man, nor did I know what was going on here, I just hugged him tightly and never wanted to let go. As my worries and fears go, I closed my eyes, letting go of one last breath before that light exploded behind the boy, covering the room, eating everything it touches.
 

 ---
    

As I regained myself, I realise that I'm in a large , square room with eleven glass cases was spread around the room, forming a circle. Each of them was holding different masks in them. Creepy.

"Are you okay?" Sehun asked.

I tried to talk but my throat was all dry so I nodded.

"Such a relief." His eyes were so calm and peaceful or so I felt like that because he held me as if I was a fragile treasure.

I swallowed my saliva, making my throat a little bit smoother. "Where are we?" 

He smiled once again. This time it was different. His smirk was telling me to be careful. It was the first time I felt the devious aura around him. I took a step back, holding myself instead of his shoulders.

"This area is called 'The Expanse'. It is the birthplace of me and my brothers and of course... You."

"Me? Wait a minute. I was born in Seoul."

"Really?" He almost laughed, then got closer to the center of the circle and held his hands open in the air. "This place. Think of here as a temple. The human thoughts was first made here."

"What do you mean by that?" I asked. All of this was a nonsense to me.

"You really don't remember." Sehun sighed.  "But don't worry..." He took a huge step towards me and imprisoned me between his arms. I could feel his warm breath in my neck as he observed me with his intense looks. He had a big grin on his tempting lips when he spoke again.

"I will make you remember. No. WE will make you remember."

That was the time I realised there were eleven others watching us.