Warm Like Fire

Antiques

WELP HERE WE GO

    (also important authors note pls read and respond thank u ilu)


            Hakyeon’s eyes widened, and this time he was the one who was standing still, but he didn’t make any move to leave or resist. Hongbin swore he could feel his heart beating in the ends of his fingertips where they were resting against Hakyeon’s face, and this time he could definitely feel his breath mingling with his own as he got closer. He could hear Hakyeon’s short inhale, and could see his eyes focused on Hongbin’s. He felt like he should close his eyes or something, but he couldn’t quite seem to get them to shut, and he decided to stop hesitating.

            Hakyeon’s lips were soft, and warm like fire against Hongbin’s, and his eyes finally closed. It was both everything he had imagined and something he could never have expected. He didn’t move, just focusing on the contact. Hakyeon finally moved, not away or back, instead lifting his arms to curl them around Hongbin’s neck, pulling him closer, and Hongbin gave in, letting him take control. Hakyeon tilted his head slightly, pressing towards him harder, his lips slowly moving and forcing Hongbin to respond, who didn’t stop him at any point, curling his hands around Hakyeon’s face. He finally had to draw back, inhaling deeply, but feeling like he couldn’t completely fill up his chest. He refocused to see Hakyeon still close to his face, eyes trained on Hongbin’s.

            He bit on his lip slightly, and spoke softly.

            “Beautiful.” And with that, he stole Hongbin’s breath again. This time he was more insistent, molding his lips to Hongbin’s, and Hongbin’s hands moved to weave through the bright red hair that was so loud and so very much Hakyeon. He was getting dizzy, from what he couldn’t be sure. He was pretty sure he should be breathing, but didn’t feel the immediate need to move at all. His lungs got the best of him though, and he had to pull back again. This time he just rested his forehead against Hakyeon’s, collecting himself. The clearing around them was quiet, but vibrant.

            “You really are trying to keep me here forever, aren’t you?”

            Hakyeon breathed out a laugh.

            “It wasn’t my intent, I promise.” He shifted and rested his head on Hongbin’s shoulder. “You’re the one who’s doing the convincing, anyways.”

            Hongbin smiled, even though he knew Hakyeon couldn’t see it.

 

            After standing there for a couple more minutes that stretched on into what felt like hours, Hongbin started complaining about how his legs hurt and he wanted to sit down, so Hakyeon shifted his weight to one side until they were falling, and Hongbin flailed on the way down, accompanied by laughter from Hakyeon. He ended up hovering above the elf, braced on his hands. The light emanating from the pond and the tree are reflected in his eyes, and Hongbin thinks that they are probably deeper than the pond itself, and that he’d much rather fall here. He moves over and lands next to Hakyeon on the ground, feeling the grass mold to match the shape of his back and head, staring up through the branches above them. Hakyeon slid his hand down to Hongbin’s, lacing his fingers through his hand.

            Hongbin wouldn’t say he was new to romance, but something about this was different, and he couldn’t decide if it was because he was an elf, or because he was just Hakyeon. He felt something brush his face, and looked over to see Hakyeon shoving a flower in his direction. Hongbin knew that there hadn’t been any red big flowers in the clearing before.

            “You can grow flowers?”

            Hakyeon grinned.

            “There’s a reason our city is so colorful and full of plants.”

            “And you remembered that amaryllis are my favorites?” At this Hakyeon blushed and turned away. Hongbin decided on another word.

            “Cute.”

            Hakyeon just smacked him again with the flower, letting go of it and letting it rest on Hongbin’s cheek.

            “Shut up.”

            Hongbin laughed.

            “You’re a lot sappier than I thought you were. Maybe you got it from the trees-“ He started, before Hakyeon had rolled into his side and pushed, wrestling him until he was the one above him.

            “I’m not sappy.”

            “You so are.”

            Hakyeon looked like he was going to say something, or lean closer, but instead he just let himself fall directly on top of Hongbin, knocking some of the air out of his lungs.

            “Get off, you’re heavy.”

            “Are you calling me fat? I can’t believe you would say such a thing.”

            Hongbin sighed and rolled his eyes, making sure that his reaction did not go unnoticed. He instead just wrapped his arms around the elf, staying where he was.

           

            It took a while for Hongbin to convince Hakyeon to finally get off him, and Hakyeon made sure to shove him as he rolled and sat up.

            “It’s getting late, you should probably get going, if you have work tomorrow.”

            Hongbin nodded, supporting himself up on his elbows.

            “Yeah, probably. Are you kicking me out?”

            Hakyeon smacked him and stood up, brushing the grass off of his back and legs. Hongbin pushed himself to standing too. He knew that it was later, but the area they were in seemed to be even brighter than before. He wasn’t sure if it was him or the actual atmosphere itself, but it was still astonishingly beautiful. He found himself not wanting to leave, but also knew he shouldn’t stay, that this wasn’t a place that he belonged in.

            Hakyeon took his hand again, leading him back through the path they had come along, and as they neared the center of the forest, he could hear the noise of the elves again.

            “Do you ever sleep?”

            Hakyeon laughed.

            “Not really.”

            Hongbin sighed. That means that it was just him who was the one who really needed to leave.

            They emerged back into the main space, and Hongbin could see the elves still dancing and laughing, and some of them looked over at Hakyeon and Hongbin and smiled wide, pulling them into the group again. This time they didn’t push them around as much, instead just returning to their own movements with Hongbin just present inside. Hakyeon let go of his hand, and motioned for him to follow. He led him towards an empty circle of space that was ringed by elves, and there was one single elf dancing in the center, dark hair whirling and spinning with the movements they were making. Hongbin watched, fascinated, until he noticed Hakyeon leaving him again and pushing his way into the circle, where he bowed to the other elf, who nodded at him and exited the ring.

            Hongbin realized just a second too late what was going on, as the music began again.

            Hakyeon was going to dance.

 


hhhHH i hope that went well it took me a long time to figure out how i wanted it and im still not sure if im completely satistfied? but oh well

 

-IMPORTANT-

so i could end the story around nowish, just like a love story thing or i could go and develop like an actual plot 

what would you guys like to see?

 

i want to thank everyone who are reading this far, thanks for sticking with me! and im glad that you like it enough to stay updated

i've never really written a full thing before and much less a fanfiction so im surprised with the reaction i spent like half an hour just yelling at my friend about how i got a hundred views haha

its fun to put the images that i see in my head down into words, and i hope if you are also writing that you can find the ability to do that with your own!!!

i spent like an hour trying to decide how to write the scene at the top and asked like five people for help, so its always possible

 

thanks as always for reading and subscribing!

~Win