ii.

Monstrous Prince

“Stop it” I mumbled under my breath. We had just taken the first step, and his gentle grip had now turned into a harsh one, his nails digging into my arm.

“Stop what?” Our voices were hushed under the music which was played as we entered. The crowd looked at us both with smiles as we descended, probably assuming we were having a loving conversation. I smiled, and spoke through gritted teeth.

As soon as I dug my nails back into his arm, his grip loosened, and he gave me a somewhat apologetic look. The heck? We reached the bottom of the stairs, and everybody applauded. Nam Joon just nodded sombrely to everyone, and I smiled sweetly.

The king made a little speech, about how he saved me, and how happy I make him. Rubbish. We made our way towards our large table at the front, as everyone else took their seats at less, greater tables, which lined the sides of the hall.

The king raised his glass.

“To Areum, the future wife of the prince, and our future queen!” The hall echoed with my name, glasses clattered, but this was all a blur to me. I stayed completely still, his gaze lingering on me. He must be up to something, I don’t like it. I turned to him.

“What?” I raised a brow. He frowned and just shook his head, dismissing me. Humph.

Some time passed, I had finished my meal and so had everyone else, they were doing the same as me, waiting for something to happen. I knew it was inevitable, but I was dreading the moment. Music started playing, and that was my que to start dancing with the prince, kind of like the first dance at a wedding. Ugh.

A heard a sigh next to me, and in the next minute I was being dragged towards the centre of the hall. The music started and he slid his arm around my waist and clasped our hands together. This was probable the first time we’d ever danced, as he always used to be able to get out of doing it, but not today.

A minute passed, and it seemed all okay until he started stepping on the fabric of my dress.

“Yah, stop stepping on my dress.” I gritted my teeth and shot daggers at him with my eyes. He gave me a disgusted look.

“You should have had it made a more suitable length then” He gave me a sickly sweet smile and we both simultaneously rolled our eyes.

“Stop copying me” Seriously?

“Copying you?” I tutted, and stuck my heel into his foot. He hissed between his teeth.

“Oops, sorry. Darling” He closed his eyes, and sighed. He looked like he was about to burst out in rage, any second now. The first song finished, and lords and ladies began to swirl around us.

“That colour looks awful on you” His lips were by my ear as he swooped me down towards the floor with the music, his breath felt cold on my neck. I sent chills up my spine. We spent around another 5 minutes until he found a servant to fetch him a drink, great, a drunk prince is worse than a sober prince. I took my seat at the top of the hall and sighed.

“You okay princess?” Yoongi murmured too me, if anyway noticed we were so friendly, he’d soon be dead.

“Still not a princess, Yoongi.” He went to reply, but the king’s loud voice interrupted him.

“Oh, that’s right, everybody’s attention please” It seemed he was making an announcement, and the prince hurried back to his seat.

“As of today, it is officially 100 days until marriage of my prince and our beloved ward.” There were a few gasps, nods, and cheers. I could feel rage bubbling inside, how dare he announce this without even mentioning it to me?

The prince looked like a lion about to pounce, he clearly didn’t know about this either.

“As a gift, and in preparation to the even, Lady Areum will now be moving into the newly designed princess’s quarters, which adjoins to the prince’s current chambers”

What.

“Fantastic” I heard Yoongi’s murmur of disapproval, his thoughts were mine. The prince rubbed his face with his hand, and sighed. It seemed like he didn’t want to fight back tonight, strange.

The night blazed on, and I stayed glued to my seat.

“What does adjoining mean?” I looked up to Yoongi who smirked and shook his head.

“It means there’s a door in your room that leads directly into his, and vice versa.” My eyes widened, but that means he cou-

“Don’t worry, I’ll be there.” I gulped and nodded.

When the clock struck midnight, everybody cheered and toasted towards me, I was now eighteen, but I didn’t feel any different.

About 20 minutes later, I and Yoongi were following a drunk and stroppy Nam Joon towards his room. The hall had around 5 doors, he opened one, stumbled in and slammed it behind him. I bit my lip.

“So, which ones mine?” Yoongi shrugged, and started opening all the doors. Two on the opposite side of the princes were locked, and the other seemed to be a narrow corridor, which Yoongi called a servant hatch.

Of course it was the door next to his, then again, apparently that was the whole point of adjoining.

I walked inside, and took in the beauty of the room. The ceilings were intricately decorated with pale lilac and gold, in a unique pattern that words could not even describe. The gold features ran down onto the walls in panels. The white walls were painted with hundreds of purple flowers, all different types, it was beautiful.

A lounger lay in the centre of the room, with a few chairs opposite it, on the far end of the room, a large dressing table sat, with a type of podium, which was what I stood on for dress fittings. Up about three or four steps, in the centre was my bed, much bigger than the one I had before, this was also decorated with lilac and gold.

I sat down on the lounger and stared around, noticing all my possessions had already been moved in.

“So, what’s the point of this anyway?” I looked at Yoongi expectantly.

“Well, the tradition is that the prince and his wife to be should be close but not, um…intimate before marriage, and even after. So, when you become Queen, you’ll just move into the royal chamber, which you’d um, just share with him…” He blushed slightly, it made me wished that I’d never asked.

“Oh.” I nodded and stood up, aiming to dive on my bed. I was surrounded in fluffiness, and I heard Yoongi laugh at my childishness.

“Get out” I rolled over to squint at him, he was holding his hands up innocently.

“What did I do?” He looked sad, and pulled puppy eyes on me.

“Nothing, but I’m tired and want to sleep.” He nodded and made an oh sound.

“Goodnight, princess-in-100-days” He gave me a smile, bearing his teeth, and left to stand guard on my door.

I slipped out my dress, and put on one of my black silk night gowns. Before jumping into bed, I knocked on my door like I always do, and shouted goodnight to Yoongi. Before going up the few steps, I glanced at the door to my left that I had not touched, which I assumed went into his room.

Just as I took a step forward, I heard a loud bang on that very door. But not a nocking, more like a thud. Confused, I slowly approached it. 

My hand shook slightly as I pressed down on the cold golden handle. I pulled the door open, yet it opened slowly, as there was something heavy on the other side slouched against it.

Nam Joon fell into my room when I finally yanked the door open. He seemed to have been passed out, but when his head hit the floor he jolted awake.

“Hello”


WoOOOOOOO second chapter, I love writing this!
Please comment and subscribe if you’re enjoying this as much as I am: D