When Bad Turns to Worst

All is Falling Down

Last days have been calm, too calm in Baekhyun’s opinion; first of all he hadn’t receive a package in two days, which had been a blessing, in everyone’s opinion and he had slept beautifully, not a single nightmare, and Chanyeol had confided in Jongin that he hadn’t give the elder sleeping pills.

Also, he was being pampered by Minseok and it felt good, it was something that he wasn’t used to, since the pampering was usually something that the eldest of them showered the maknaes with; it was kind of nice having that kind of attention on him. Lastly, his relationship with Sehun had been slowly improving; since their last talk, the younger man had been nothing but polite and caring; he had brought him soup to his room when he stated that his throat was sore and he was feeling under the weather; he even had helped him switch into his night attire, since his limbs weren’t cooperating, and covered him with some blankets, ordering him to rest. Minseok had come into his room later in the evening, trying to cuddle with him but, the truth was that Baekhyun was very much tired and feeling too much like a car had hit to enjoy it.

However, as far as Baekhyun would like to listen to Sehun, he couldn’t as he had an appointment with Dr. Lee at SM building today and practice later, so he soldier on and climbed down the stairs when Kyungsoo started to call everyone in the dorm, which was only Minseok, Tao, Sehun and himself, since the other had schedules today.

As he reached the bottom step, Minseok was by his side, pecking his cheek and hugging him tightly. Baekhyun gave him a half smile. The effort of smiling actually made his head pound and he winced, bringing a hand to rub his forehead.

“Are you okay hyung?” Baekhyun looked at Sehun, who had made the question, surprised, before the maknae pointed with his chin to him. “You always rub your forehead when your head is hurting.”

“He’s fine.” interrupted Minseok “I gave him some vitamins, after we napped and he said he was feeling much better.”

“I don’t doubt that Minseok hyung but he looks a bit under the weather. Maybe he should stay home today and rest a little bit more.”

Minseok’s eyes turned to Baekhyun’s and the latter knew that Minseok was searching for any sign of illness on him.

“If you are not okay we cancel all of our plans and you’ll stay home resting.”

Baekhyun also knew that since he had promised Minseok to go out for dinner with the older, the man had been waiting impatiently for their date, so he dismissed Minseok’s worries with a smile and a shake of his head, stating that he was fine.

“Are you sure Baekhyun hyung?” asked Sehun again “I’m not trying to push you or anything but there is been a lot of flu cases and I don’t want you to be sick.”

“I’m fine Sehun, don’t worry.”

“But…”

“Sehun! Baekhyun has just told you he’s fine, stop pushing him.”

At Minseok’s reprimand, Sehun shut his mouth abruptly. He didn’t understand what had been going on the elder’s mind but Minseok had been really hostile to him lately. Sehun assumed that is was because of Baekhyun so, not to aggravate his favorite hyung, he didn’t say a thing. That and he had just begun to mend his relation with Baekhyun, so it was wiser for him to lay low, although Kyungsoo clearly didn’t share his line of though as he gaped at Sehun and mouthed at him to say something.

They all piled in the car and, to everyone’s surprise, Kyungsoo cut Baekhyun to sit near Minseok, while Tao sat with his best friend and Baekhyun on the passenger’s side.

“I don’t really know what your deal is but cut it out.” whispered Kyungsoo to Minseok.

“What do you mean?”

“You are being really nasty to Sehun these days. I know that his behavior was not the best but he’s trying.”

Minseok chose not to say a thing. He was dead scared that Sehun would come and take Baekhyun away, especially now that he knew that Sehun and Baekhyun had come to a truce and Sehun was charming everyone with the attitude that he used to have before all of this had happen. However, that was a thought that he would rather have to himself.

 

 

 

 

“So, Baekhyun, today we will address the day of the murders that happened when you were younger.”

If Baekhyun had a table he could flip, he would. It was the same every single time that he had therapy, the subject would never change; even if, at one point, he tried to change the subject, Dr. Lee always had a way of bringing it up.

Today, however, Baekhyun was done with it; he was feeling too tired and his head hurt too much for him to have to endure this.

“I’m sorry doctor but no! I don’t want to be disrespectful but that’s all I have been doing for the past three years and I think that we covered every little thing that we should.”

“Baekhyun, you may think so, but I am the certified psychiatrist here, so I really think that we should. It’s very important and I feel that you have been repressing everything and that is very detrimental to your health.”

“I am not repressing anything!” exploded Baekhyun “I have relived that moment every single day since it happened and seriously what benefit could I have in talking about it every damned time I see you? Chanyeol is right, this is not doing anything for me, at least nothing that truly matters. I am really sorry, I am not trying to be ungrateful but enough is enough. I’ll talk to my manager and to the CEO but I think that we are done here.”

“I don’t think you understand the consequences of that Baekhyun. You are a young man and it’s clear that you take decisions that are very rash and not well thought. This was a very traumatic event in your life, which needs to be dealt with by professional, so that you can have a normal, stable life.”

“But I am a normal young man, with a normal, stable life. Yes, I have experienced something gruesome but I think that I’m doing okay, not well, just okay, and the thing I need the most is to be treated like a normal person, instead of being treated like a freak. I’m afraid of what can happen, that the flashbacks are a reality that I have to live with for all of my life, but I’m a capable, strong person and I can deal with them. I have a good support system. So yes, I think it’s more than time for me to go on with my life and leave this all behind.”

If Dr. Lee tried to say anything Baekhyun didn’t listen because he stood up and left the room. He sneezed four times on the way to the practice room, before bursting through the door with a cough.

He smiled sheepishly at all the faces that were now looking at him, stopping their warm up exercises.

“I thought that you would take longer! You went with him like fifteen minutes ago!”

“I quit from therapy sessions!”

The shocked faces of everyone made him want to laugh, if his head wasn’t pounding his brains to mush already, that is.

“You what?” asked Kyungsoo.

“I quit. I felt that it was not productive, we were doing things on repeat since the beginning and things were not evolving so I just left.”

“Can you do that?”

“I just did.” shrugged Baekhyun “I have a great support system right at the dorms, with part of the people that I love the most, so I’m going to use them as a crutch to get back on my feet and move along.”

Surprisingly the first person to say anything was Sehun. The tall young man approached him and gave him half a hug and a pat in the back.

“Do whatever you think it’s best for you, we got your back.”

Baekhyun tried to say something to the other man but Minseok crawled between the two of them, successfully separating Sehun from Baekhyun.

“Of course we will. We have your back Baekhyunnie.”

And he decided to end his statement with a big, fat kiss on Baekhyun’s lips. The reactions came in an instant, Kyungsoo stood in the middle of the room, eyes twice as large, staring at them with his mouth wide open; Tao had actually tripped on his own feet and landed on the floor with a thud and Sehun had just stared at the two of them with a blank face. The only person who noted his clenched fists was Tao.

Yesterday, Tao had a serious conversation with Sehun regarding Baekhyun and his feelings, Sehun had laughed at first, trying to dismiss him, stating that it wasn’t the conversation he had about the subject, but after a few poking and prodding, in a way Tao knew it would make the other crumble, Sehun had admitted that he had taken time to watch Baekhyun closely; he even admitted that he missed the older man’s company, although he understood Baekhyun’s position.

To Tao, the admittance had spoken volumes; as Sehun’s best friend, he had understood well the underlying message of those words. He understood that Sehun was sorry and that he actually wanted Baekhyun by his side again, which was a big step into admitting that he liked the petite male. He was extremely proud of his best friend for managing to appear calm and collected when Minseok kissed Baekhyun despite wanting nothing more to pull them apart.

Baekhyun, on the other hand, was seething. After he decided to give Minseok a chance, he had a very serious talk with older man, telling him that he wanted things to go slowly but steadily between them, especially because he didn’t want another failed relation as the strange one he had with Sehun and because he wasn’t over the other yet and Minseok had agreed.

“What was that for?” he hissed under his breath “We agreed to take things slow.”

“I just kissed you!” pouted Minseok “You used to do it all of the time with Sehun.”

Baekhyun reeled back as if slapped and Minseok regretted his words immediately.

“Yes, I did. We all know how that ended, don’t we?” asked Baekhyun bitterly before moving to the middle of the practice room.

“Brilliant job!” hissed Kyungsoo as he passed by Minseok to turn the stereo.

Minseok was feeling extremely guilty for saying something like that to Baekhyun. He couldn’t do anything without comparing himself to Sehun or even comparing Baekhyun’s reactions to both of them and it had hurt Baekhyun. He hadn’t meant to but he felt that he was still second in Baekhyun’s heart, which, truth to be told, Baekhyun admitted it was true. He sighed and looked at Baekhyun’s profile as he ordered everyone, in a croaky voice, to position themselves since they were trying a new routine. From the corner of his eye, he saw Sehun give a comforting pat on Baekhyun’s shoulder before moving to the left side of the room, to position himself. More so, he saw the shy smile that Baekhyun had given the younger man and felt his blood boil. In that moment, he decided that Sehun wouldn’t win, that he, Minseok, would be the sole owner of Baekhyun’s affections, no matter what. He got himself into position as well and, as the music started, he poured his entire negative thoughts on it, dancing in a way that would make even Jongin envious. Nobody would take Baekhyun away from him. No one!

 

 

 

 

 

 

To say Sehun was furious was an understatement. He had warned the others to let Baekhyun rest the day before but no, nobody had listened to the maknae and now they had a very sick Baekhyun sitting under a mountain of blankets in the couch on the living room.

“I think we all should have heard Sehun yesterday.” stated Kyungsoo as if it wasn’t obvious enough.

“You don’t say.” replied the maknae, touching Baekhyun’s forehead, feeling the temperature.

“I’m fine.” croaked Baekhyun pitifully before having a coughing fit that had made Jongin and Chanyeol grab him by the shoulders in order to prevent him to face plant on the floor.

“You are not Baekhyun, shut up.” commanded Sehun gently before offering the other a glass of water and a pill.

“He can’t go train with us.” stated Jongin rubbing his hyung’s back when another round of coughs rattled Baekhyun’s body.

“I can.” replied Baekhyun tiredly before being cut by Sehun and Chanyeol.

“No, you can’t. Shut up.”

Baekhyun had trained all afternoon on the day before and he went on a date with Minseok. The said date had been cut short when Baekhyun stated to the oldest that he was feeling under the weather and quite nauseated. Everyone had spent their dawn watching Baekhyun retching his dinner on the toilet bowl and fussing over him.

They had called the doctor who had told them that, by the symptoms described, it appeared to be a nasty case of flu.

Jongin had been truly impressed with Sehun; Junmeyon along with Minseok, Tao, Yixing and Jongdae, had left early in the morning due to their schedules, and the maknae, despite being the younger, had taken control of the situation, calling the doctor and even going to the nearby pharmacy to buy Baekhyun some medicine, since Baekhyun refused to take the ‘yucky’ vitamins that Dr. Lee had prescribed him once, when he stated that the nightmares he had would leave him very tired. The younger had been unstoppable and Jongin was proud of the younger.

“He has to stay home and someone has to stay with him.” stated Sehun firmly.

“He stays of course but we can’t Sehun. We have that to shot that clip today at SM building, remember? We are already cut down to half of us.”

Sehun bit his lip. That was true and work was work, but he was refusing to leave the older be alone. An idea came to him in that moment.

“What if we call manager hyung? He can stay with Baekhyun for a while until we get home.”

“That’s actually a brilliant idea Sehun. I’m going to call him right now.”

“I’m going to make some broth for your lunch Baekhyun, so that manager hyung doesn’t have to.”

As Kyungsoo and Chanyeol left the room with Chanyeol talking with their manager on his phone as he went, Sehun adjusted he blankets on top of Baekhyun’s form gently, since the other had closed his tired eyes, before squatting next to the ill man to sweep his bangs from his sweaty forehead.

“You like him don’t you?” asked Jongin, perched on the side of the couch.

“I think I do but he’s with Minseok now.”

“He still likes you. You can still fight for him.”

“I think I’ll leave him to Minseok. I have made too much damage already.”

“That’s poetic of you Sehun and kind of tragic too; liking him but letting him go.”

“That’s the way it goes sometimes, isn’t it?” laughed Sehun bitterly “Letting someone go because you like them too much? He’s in good hands and that is what matters.”

Neither of them said anything else and when Chanyeol reenter the room he asked Jongin in a whisper if everything was okay. Jongin simply answered that he would explain later. Chanyeol glanced at him confused before Jongin pecked him in the jaw.

“What did manager hyung said?”

“He’ll be here in ten minutes.”

Baekhyun sneezed twice, waking from his light dozing with a jump. Sehun rushed to hand him some tissues.

“Thank you Sehunnie.”

Sehun felt himself blush; Baekhyun hadn’t called him that nickname for a while and it made him embarrassed, in a good way, and giddy. Just because he had made his mind with ‘giving’ Baekhyun to Minseok, didn’t mean he couldn’t bask in the little things that made him squeal inside, like the pet names.

“Manager hyung will be here shortly Baekhyun. He’ll stay with you until we get here.”

“You won’t be staying?” asked Baekhyun before wincing and grabbing his sore throat.

“As much as we’d like, we can’t Baekhyun.” replied Jongin.

“And stop talking you silly hyung. You’ll damage your throat more.” admonished Sehun before giving Baekhyun some water. “Now try and get some sleep. I know you are tired.”

“Will you stay here until I do Sehunnie?”

The question had been made in a sweet, cute way and it had surprised the three males in the room. Sehun had actually stuttered a bit before replying a soft sure. Baekhyun had given him a soft, sleepy smile and a few minutes later he was off to dream land, just as Kyungsoo joined them in the living room.

“He’s starting to warming up to you again maknae. Don’t mess it up this time.” said Chanyeol before turning to answer the door when they heard knocking.

“I won’t!” he replied softly, his eyes never once leaving the older sleeping face.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun had woken up with a start, his bladder begging him for a trip to the toilet. He looked around in a daze and noticed the small yellow post it on the table, where their manager had writing that he had left to boy some food and some more medicine for him. He remembered that his teammates had gone to their schedules and it left him all alone in the dorm. The thought made him pout a bit.

After reliving himself he went to the kitchen, a big blanket trailing after him. He had thought he heard Kyungsoo saying that he had cooked some broth to him and he was feeling quite hungry so he thought it was worth the try.

He was halfway through a bowl of broth when a noise made him go alert. He forced himself to listen and it sounded like the doorknob being twisted. That was strange; everybody had their own keys, even the manager. He tiptoed to the door, abandoning his bowl of food, and peeked through the peephole. He immediately froze; a black face masked person was all he saw.

Trembling, he managed to grab his phone from the living room and dashed to his room upstairs, locking the door and hiding himself inside of his and Chanyeol’s closet.

He picked his phone and he didn’t remember to call the police, in his state of panic, the man managed to dial the number he knew by heart.

Hello? Baekhyun?”

“Help me please!” he stuttered in a whisper.

“Baekhyun?! What’s the matter? Is everything alright?”

“There is someone trying to get inside the dorm. I heard the know twisting. There’s someone there trying to break in. I don’t know what to do. I’m inside my closet”

“Baekhyun, stay calm okay, Chanyeol is calling the police okay?”

The sound of the door downstairs, banging on the wall, made Baekhyun whimper slightly.

Baekhyun?!

“The person is inside. I just heard the door.”

“Okay! It’s alright Baekhyun, Chanyeol called the police and they are on their way. Just stay calm, I’m here okay?!”

“I’m so scared!”

“I know. Just stay with me and don’t make a noise okay?”

But Baekhyun couldn’t stay calm; he was hearing footsteps outside his room and then the door opening with a squeak.

He muffled a sound with his hand before whispering into the phone.

“They’re inside this room! I can hear them.”

“Then don’t make a noise, okay? Just don’t make a noise.”

Baekhyun heard the footsteps starting and stopping for a while, before they came right to the place where he was hidden. He held his breath.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun was freaking out; Baekhyun had called him in a state of panic stating someone was trying to get inside the dorms, he had immediately told Chanyeol to call the police and to send them to the dorms. The other, sensing the situation immediately, hadn’t even made questions but the others had gathered themselves around him, clearly worried.

Despite being freaked out, more so when Baekhyun told him someone was inside the dorm and in his room, he did his best to calm his hyung. He told him to stay quiet and his heart was beating loudly inside his chest. He put the phone on speaker, making signals to the others to stay quiet.

“Sehun? I think he found me! He’s in front of the closet.”

Sehun’s heart dropped to his stomach as he heard the other trying to hold back his tears.

“Shhh! Don’t talk!”

“Sehun…”

Whatever Baekhyun was trying to say was interrupted by his scream and a very loud thud.

“Baekhyun?” He called desperately “Baekhyun? Baekhyun! Baekhyun answer me!”

Baekhyun is sleeping at the moment. Say bye bye to him. I’ve finally have my precious little doll.” said a raspy, sinister voice. And then the call was dropped.

Everyone looked at each other for two seconds, absolutely horrified before Sehun dropped to his knees, the situation dawning on him.

“They took him! They took Baekhyun!"








A/N: Aaaaaand here's another chapter. Plot thickens! Who took Baekhyun?! If you wanna know, next chapter will reveal it, so stay tuned! ^^
I hope you like it, if so, let me know! A big hug to every single one of you! I love you all!