Dimension War, Begins

Dimension Defenders

A man is seen looking at his portable computer, looking through pictures over pictures of what seems to be female celebrities. He seems excited of looking at all of them, smiling widely with such disgusting passion.

“Wah, is this a new batch of pics? Man, I really love these girls!”

He keeps on browsing through the pictures, looking at all of them intently.

His interaction with the pictures stop, now looking at a mail he just received. He quickly moves his mouse and clicks on the mail.

His facial expression changes from confused into shocking and later turns into scared. He backs away fast, shouting in cowardice.

His scream is heard by the neighbor that night.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hours later, people have already appeared around the room, doing their job known as crime scene investigation. Blood everywhere on the wall or on the floor, with a line in a shape of a human is seen formed nearby the blood. Some people are searching for anything and some takes photographs.

One man in black trench coat walks into the room, as one police officer approaches him quickly, “Thanks for arriving, sir.”

“I had to sacrifice my anniversary with my girlfriend thanks to you.”

“Sorry, sir, but this case is more important.”

The man’s eyes move around the place, scanning each spots of the room, “So, this is the third time this thing happened?”

“I think so, considering the victim is also violently ripped off his eyes off from the sockets. His is also not around when we found his body.”

“What about the internet history?” he points toward the computer nearby.

“The latest websites the victim entered are mostly ual.”

“This ert Killer… What is his true intention?”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is a normal day as usual, as one particular Asian-looking man with fairly tan skin is prepping himself for an occasion. Judging from his choice of clothing, which consists, of a white long sleeve shirt, a dark blue tie and a black vest, the occasion he will be attending to is a formal occasion.

Or maybe he’s just being a douche.

“Wow, what is with your clothes today?” one woman appears at the door leading into his room, looking at his appearance, “Why are you wearing such grand stuff if you are just going to work as a security officer?”

Yep, he’s a douche.

“Security officer? It’s more than just a security officer! I will be part of the most amazing event ever in this country!”

“What is so amazing about meeting people?”

“Not just any people! We are talking about celebrities here! Athletes, singers, actors, TV personalities, you name it!”

The woman seems not giving up on trying in breaking his heart, “So… what kind of event is that again?”

“It’s the first Annual Worldly Unification event! It is to celebrate one day of world’s unification where there is no war and no conflict. It is one day people have wanted to see for centuries!”

The woman just laughs, “You sound oddly cheerful today.”

“Of course I am!” he becomes more excited, “Who doesn’t want to go and meet people from all over the world gathering into one place, and it’s the place I am afford to go to nonetheless. Argh, the anticipation is killing me!”

“Okay, calm down! I get what you are trying to say,” the woman taps some dust off his jacket. She then looks at his eyes, smiling at him, “Go do your duty, Charles Eisen.”

“I’m moving out, Hyeyoung!” he salutes at her as he runs out of there.

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

[Dataran Merdeka, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia]

At the roadway beside one of the oldest buildings in that country, a huge parade can be seen, with so many giant balloons flying above the sky. The participants are seen waving at the audiences.

Eisen, standing at one side of the corner of the parade, just looking at the parade with a big smile on his face. He is clearly enjoying each of the moments he can see there.

One man in black police uniform walks near him, “Okay, I believe this is not the proper attire for a security officer.”

“Nah, I am directly working with the company today,” he responds without even looking back at him, “I am working under our boss.”

“Yeah… I remember how you are under probation for using violence against a petty thief.”

“Not when he grabs a small child as a hostage.”

The man shakes his head, just walks away from there.

Eisen looks at him walking away, before losing his smile. He then takes out a piece of paper from his pocket and opens it up, reading the content.

‘THE WORLD SHALL NEVER BE ALLOWED TO BE UNITED OR EVERYTHING WE HAVE BEEN WORKING FOR WILL BE ALL FOR NAUGHT. KILL ALL OF THEM, NOW!’

Making the sound ‘tsk’ with his lips, he pulls out something out of his jacket, pressing the button on it.

In just minutes, everything around him turns into rubbles, filled with flesh, meats, bloods and tears. The whole place has become a battlefield for some reason. People take arms while most run away from there.

It doesn’t matter to him. Eisen has a set of mind of his own. He has to do something else, or he will regret of his mistake for the rest of his life.

Running through the crowd, he manages to shoot two soldiers onto the ground as he tries his best not to attract much attention onto himself. He needs to be covert.

His eyes finally locked onto a lady, wearing leather-styled clothing which seems to be impossible for people to wear around the street.

She also notices him, exchanging glances with each other for a moment. The lady turns horrified, quickly escape from his sight. He, (un)fortunately will not let that happen. His quick feet move about, chasing after her close.

They soon ended up in an alleyway, with a dead end.

The woman turns toward him, cowering in fear with her back slowly leans onto the wall. Tears start running onto her cheeks. Her feet are now failing her.

“Please…” she whispers with some interference in her noise, “Let me go… just this once… I’ll do anything…”

“I am sorry, Seungyeon of KARA, but I will have to claim your life. If not, you will let this world to be destroyed.”

“Please… don’t kill me… I’ll do anything… anything but this…”

BANG!

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eisen opens up his eyes.

He stretches his arm as he climbs off his bed.

Eisen then walks toward the window, taking a look toward the outside of the room. His eyes are looking at a group of female around a table. They seem to be having a meeting.

Sighing, he steps away from the window and moves into the bathroom close to him in that single man room.

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Eisen is now walking into a coffee shop, as a female speaks out loud, “Welcom- Owh, it’s you.”

He stops, looking at her with a glare, “What’s with that reaction?”

“I just thought you are a customer. Sorry about that~,” she seems pissed, walking away from there and grabs a mop, starts mopping the place.

He is still looking at her, “Alice, are you… waiting for someone?”

“Boyfriend,” the tone of her voice is heard as rough.

He is still not showing any emotion, “You have found a new man?”

“Yes.”

“Congrats. What is he looks like?”

She stands up straight, glaring at him, “Handsome, kind, not a jerk. Done?”

“Okay. No need to be a ,” he quickly walks away from there.

She then speaks out loud, “Too bad, because I don’t have one!”

Eisen enters a store and grabs an apron. He then wears it, walking into the counter of the shop, standing beside a man who is looking through the register, “I have to wonder why she even pissed at me like that.”

“I don’t know. Maybe it’s that time of the day again?”

“No way. Alice is a lot cuter during that kind of day.”

“You’re right. She’s better in that day than any other day. But you know what makes her a lot cuter?”

“What?”

“If she actually has a . Damn, I would bone her all day long if she had one.”

Eisen stares at him, totally speechless.

He quickly walks toward another mop, helping Alice in cleaning the place.

As he approaches her, he quickly whispers to her, “Did Kay actually say such thing to you?”

She nods, still pissed, “I had to listen to him rambling about how hot it is too see a . I think there’s something wrong with him today.”

“Why do we even befriend with him?”

“Probably because he is a rich guy who constantly giving money for free and we literally need money for our rents.”

“Yeah… we may need to find someone else who has money as a new friend…”

KLING!

Hearing the bell, the two quickly stand up, speaking out loud, “Welcome to the Venus Coffee Shop!”

“Thank you,” a man in red t-shirt underneath his black leather jacket speaks up, entering the shop, “May I meet Charles Eisen and Song Juhee?”

“We’re here!” Alice quickly speaks up, raising her right hand.

“I would like to speak to you tow for a while,” he instructs them both, walking toward a table.

“Thank god…” she sighs as they both approaching the man and sit beside him.

The man takes off his jacket, putting behind his chair, “I will take few minutes with you if you don’t mind…”

“No, we don’t,” Alice interferes excitedly, “We can even be in here for all day long. It’s not like this place has any hope for the future ahead it. People here don’t drink coffee or eat cakes every day.”

“Okay, then,” the man smiles, “First off, I would like to tell you that my name is Shraffe and I am from a different world where men and women are differentiated by abilities to master weaponries and abilities to control elements respectively.”

Both Eisen and Alice are shocked to listen to this. They both look at each other before looking back at him, as the latter asks, “That means you…”

“I know where you two came from. Eisen, you came from a world where unification of the countries spells doom to other citizens. Juhee, you are from a world where ism is still a norm among communities.”

“H-how?”

The man smiles at them, taking out a card and puts it onto the table, giving it to them, “I am working with an organization called Dimensional Defensive Agency or DDA for short. The purpose of the creation of this group is to counter against any unwanted dimensional breach between different realities.”

Eisen looks at him, wondering, “You mean, this kind of event has been going on? Are there many people like us?”

Shraffe nods, “So far, we are unable to figure out the reason of why this event even happens in the first place. Not to mention, the varieties of threat appear thanks to all of these breaching.”

“Threat?” Alice asks.

“Every time a breach occurs, the breach almost always brings out either people or something else from different worlds, and that something mostly turns into something dangerous.”

Eisen stares at him, “Why didn’t the authority do anything about it?”

“That’s the problem; what are they going to tell the civilian about? People won’t just believe things out of norm without actually experience it firsthand. They are going to get laughed for believing such thing.”

“Then… how do you counter such thing?”

“Secretly defeating them,” he pulls out a file out of his jacket, and opens it up, showing pictures of armor-wearing people, “Some people that ended up in here are mostly capable to defend themselves, including myself. We are this world’s hope against these threats. Yet, there is still a problem left.”

He looks at the window, “Every day, different level of threats appears. These threats are now variety in strengths and weaknesses. Some monsters are more effective against one type of weaponries. For example, I fight against evil machines. I can fight beasts, but not as effective against machines. Not to mention this happens all over the place. We need to keep recruiting heroes from different worlds.”

“IS that why you want to meet us?” she asks, “To ask us to help you?”

Shraffe nods, “Right now, there’s another threat appears in the form of spirits. We have developed anti-spirit weaponries, but we still need someone to use it. I would like to combat them, but my hands are already tied.”

“But… we don’t…”

“We know who you really are, so no need to hide anything from us. We know you have a history of your own back at your world. As for the equipment, we can provide the perfect equipments for your fight. And regarding your job, don’t worry. It’s all being covered by the DDA, if you wanted to help us, that is.”

Eisen shakes his head, “I don’ think I am ready to come back from my retirement. This world is an ideal of mine, and I am finally able to live in such world after what happened back in my world. I would rather not involve in anything anymore.”

“I see. I understand. Still, if you found any ghostly-like thing, feel free to call me.” He stands up, walking out of the shop.

Alice just looks at him and turns back toward Eisen, “Are you sure?”

He only nods, moving back to the counter.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Eisen is currently struggling to stand up straight, with his knees are falling apart. His face shows exhaustion, unable to look around and sees the world around him.

It’s not like he actually needs to do so. He already knows the location of his current self. In fact, he is the one who created such environment.

What kind of environment? The kind with so many lifeless bodies all over the place, with blood connected to each of them.

A female is lying on the ground, withering in pain as she stares at him, smiling sincerely, “Why are you so obsessed in obstructing peace and unity? Why did you have to go to such length just to disrupt the union of humanity? Isn’t this is what people have been aiming for?”

“I… want to be able to sleep at night without any worry in my heart,” Eisen mutters slowly, glancing at her, “I want to wake up peacefully without any reason to be scared of anything. I want to fall in love toward one person without the need to be forced to switch my love to other person.”

“Then? This is a great opportunity for your wishes to come true. We have finally achieved peace and people are no longer killing each other. Why are you still acting contrast with your wishes?”

He slowly walks toward her, kneeling in front of her, whispering, “Can’t I at least do something good once in a while? Can’t I do something selfless once in a while?

The woman laughs out loud, hearing such words as she responds, “I don’t see how killing every living thing is a good thing?”

“You don’t need to know anything. What you need to know is that you will be reunited with those you loved in heaven.”

CHAK!

Eisen stabs a katana right through her heart, forcing her to cough blood as some more blood flowing out at the wound area.

“That won’t happen,” she looks straight into his eyes, “Because he is still alive…”

Her sight turns blank, signifying the lack of soul inside her body.

Eisen sighs, falling onto the ground beside her, looking at the side of her, “The world is too good for both of us, Hyeyoung.”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Finally snapped back into the reality, Eisen has his eyes toward the clock nearby the counter. The clock shows 7 o’clock.

He then stretches, walking away from the spot, passing through the sleeping Alice besides him.

He moves toward the door and flips the sign ‘Close’ so it would face outside.

Alice wakes up suddenly, still feeling sleepy as she wipes off her drool and yawns, “Time to go home?”

“Hm,” he quietly answers, looking toward the outside. People out there are gradually  decreasing in number.

“We should move as well.”

She slowly nods, muttering, “I’ll be leaving first, okay?”

“Okay. Be careful.”

Alice just smiles at him, moving away before stop and look at him intently. Her eyes seems to be focusing up and down of him.

He notices her as she quickly walks away from there.

For some reason, he can feel a cold atmosphere moving through his vein.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Outside, he walks all by himself toward where he lives, slowly but calm in each of his steps.

But then he stops, looking at his back.

“What are you doing here?” he suddenly springs a question.

In front of him, Shraffe is walking toward him, “How close are you with Song Juhee?”

What a strange question, “Why do you want to know?”

The mysterious man ignores his question, “Have you heard about the ert Killer?”

“You mean, the serial killer that kills people with and racy stuffs in their computers?”

“I see you are well informed.”

“What about it?” he becomes more suspicious.

“I have the right to believe that she will become the next victim.”

“She’s not a ert. She’s a woman.”

Shraffe turns toward him, “Common misconception among men; women are not erts. Adding to the fact that she came from a world where the roles of men and women are reversed. Let’s see what the world’s perception on the statement ‘men think about every 5 seconds’. So, how close are you to her?”

Eisen suddenly becomes restless, quickly turning back and runs toward the opposite side of where he came from.

“A mass murderer with a heart, huh?” Shraffe takes a look at him disappearing from his sight as he walks away.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Alice steps off from a bus as she starts walking through the housing area with her normal pace.

She’s pretty brave for a woman her age and appearance to walk alone at night in the world with so many ty people all over the place.

Well, she has her own fair share of experience on facing the mentioned tiness. It didn’t even bother her much anymore.

RUSTLE!

With a quick reflex, she quickly turns around, looking around in a stance that reads ‘Don’t come near or you are so dead’.

Her eyes wander around, wondering if she just imagined things.

“What’s the matter, Juhee-chan?”

She turns around again, now looking at a man in lavender coat and an eyepatch around his right eye, walking out of the bush in front of her and stands before her, “Are you afraid of something?”

“Who are you?”

“Me?” I am what people called as ‘ert Killer’, and you are one of my targets, you .”

He puts his hand forward, as black liquid pour out of his sleeve, slowly dumping itself onto the ground.

The man gives off a really creepy smile, “ert, how about you just let yourself into the darkness?”

“What?” Alice becomes shocked, started to back away from him.

The black goo seems to start moving toward her in a really fast speed.

“Run!”

Eisen steps forward in front of her as the black goo ended up swallowing him whole, shocking her even more, “Ei-Eisen?”

But no response can be heard.

The man just laughs, “Well, this is new. Nobody should have seen us. We are inside a noise disruptor field.”

He then walks toward Alice, “Doesn’t matter. I’m here to kill you anyway. A casualty is fine by me.”

The goo resumes its advance toward her as she starts running away. But the goo seems to be able to catch up to her, reaching close to her with its wide gaping mouth opens up.

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Eisen looks around, found himself stuck inside something sticky, as his body is unable to move even one bit.

“Help…”

He heard noises; voices of people asking for help.

His eyes wander around, finally getting the picture of the sources of the voices.

Around him, around that seemingly huge wall of sticky goo, a lot of people are in the same condition as his.

But why are they crying for help?

“Argh!” he suddenly feels something sting on his back.

Looking at his side, smokes fly out of there, just like others around him.

“Is this place… acid?”

The pain keeps on building up, hurting him a lot more as time goes by.

Is this… the end of him? Is this his punishment for what he had done?

But then he found himself in a room.

The small room consists of only a desk and bed besides it.

“H-how do I get in here? Am I already dead?”

His eyes turn their attention toward the door, as he slowly pushes it forward.

He then walks out of there, looking at another room that seems to have a lot of doors around that one room.

In the middle of the room, a man is seen busy in front of a computer.

“Excuse me, where am I?” he politely asks the man.

The man looks at him, smiling at him, “Why, you are in heaven.”

“Heaven? Then…am I dead?”

“Unfortunately,” the man turns back toward the computer, “You are not supposed to be in here.”

“Why? Am I supposed to be in Hell instead? Is it because of what I did before in my world?”

The man turns back at him, “You must be filled with guilt, ain’t you?”

“What makes you said such thing?”

“From the time when your HP only few percent left till now, all you said is about your sin and all related words. According to the record, you have killed a lot of people. A massacre exactly.”

He quickly looks down, “Then, Hell it is.”

“Owh, don’t get it wrong. You are not supposed to be in here because you are supposed to be in Hell. Not at all. You are having the luckiest offer among those who have arrived in here.”

“That would be…”

“You are been given a chance to redeem yourself. We want you to do bidding for us.”

“Bidding?”

The man suddenly crouches under his table, taking out a briefcase and slowly opens it up. He then moves it around to face toward Eisen, showing him the content of the case.

Inside it, there are a lot of multi-colored balls, each with its own color and all of them shine brightly.

“These are the souls of the dead; souls that somehow found themselves stuck in this ball. Souls aren’t supposed to be looking like this. In fact, they are supposed to be looking based on their healthiest appearances. Something has turned their souls into this shape.”

He grabs the pale yellow one, looking at it for a while as the ball shines brighter than usual.

“I can sense it… these balls… these souls… they are like me?”

The man nods, “They are trapped in this world, and ended up going to the aftermath this way. You, our only hope, should investigate this kind of event and stop it from ever happened again.”

Eisen becomes hesitates, “But… why me?”

“Don’t you… want to see her?”

He becomes silenced as the words somehow hit him the most.

As he wastes his precious time looking downward, he finally looks at the man, “How do I start?”

“You can start by winning against your friend’s attacker.”

“How?”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A creepy laugh can be heard, as the mysterious man is walking slowly, following his trusted blob trying so hard on eating Alice, who is forced to speed up her movement every few seconds.

“Don’t try to run away, Juhee-chan. My familiar will never stop from eating the designated target. Just be a good girl and let yourself get eaten by him. Your death will be merciful.”

Alice finally reaches a tree and starts climbing it.

The man smirks, “Since my familiar is in a liquid form, then he cannot climb a tree, that’s what you think? He might be slow, but he can climb just fine.”

Breaking branches, she starts throwing the advancing blob as she shouts in fear, “Why? Why did you want to eat me? What did I ever do to you?”

“This is all for her. You ert can never be satisfied with your life that you had to make others giving you a pleasure. It is because of people like you she is sacrificed for your fun. All of you just need to die.”

“Wh-what are you talking about?”

“It doesn’t matter. You will die eventually.”

The blob has finally reaches her, now opens wide and catches her off guard.

Alice can only close her eyes, wishing for what seems to be impossible.

Any minute now…

Nothing?

She opens up her eyes, shock with what she sees right now.

“What’s wrong!? Why aren’t you eating her?” the man runs around the tree, trying to figure out the reason of the halt in the advancement.

He is also shocked by what his eyes are looking at.

Eisen is lying at the bay of the blob, sticking a sword on the gap of the goo, preventing the blob to ever close.

He slowly pulls himself out, as Alice quickly pulls him out.

The two fall onto the ground as he quickly stands up, pointing his katana toward the blob, “It hurt, dammit! My skin is in pain, thanks to your freaking stomach acid all over the place!”

“Impossible!” the man screams in anger, “Nobody has ever escaped him! You shouldn’t even able to move in there!”

“Too bad, because I shall be this thing’s last supper.”

He takes out a silver belt with a square slot at the middle of it and puts it around his waist. His waist shines as it seems to have fitted around him firmly.

Eisen then takes out a white card that has a symbol of a frog shape with a letter WHAT under the shape as he shouts out loud, “Henshin! Activate!”

As he puts the card onto the slot, which fitted perfectly, a female voice is heard, ‘SEQUENCE START!’

The card turns blue as blue skintight appears around him, followed by small red bars that shoot out pieces as they quickly attached onto him. The last red bar appears in front of his head as mask pieces of bug-like helmet with a v-shaped antenna is put around his head, with the yellow bar eyes shine.

“Wh-what are you!?” the man screams in anger once more.

Eisen cracks his fists, start standing in a stance of a boxer, “In my world, I am known as Kamen Rider. But in this world, I am Dimension Defender; Krad!”

“Kamen Rider? Like the one in the TV?” Alice seems confused.

Ignoring her words, Eisen quickly charges forward and quickly throws his punches onto the blob.

Each punch seems weak, as the goo just whisks away every time he got hit. But he can clearly see how the blob seems to be getting slower.

“Stop it!” the man becomes scared all of the sudden, “Stop it! Why are you hurting him? He did nothing wrong!?”

His plead is ignored.

Eisen keeps on punching him, and soon turns into a street fight when the kicks start appearing.

Moving away for a bit, he takes out the yellow ball he held before, “Let’s experiment with something.”

He puts the ball onto his belt as the belt speaks again, ‘SCANNING. SCANNING COMPLETE. CONVERT INTO CARD?’

“Of course!”

‘CONVERTING.’

The ball shines again, with its form seems to be disassembled, turning into a shape of a card. He then puts the card into one slot on the right beside the main slot.

‘RIGHT ARM, CONVERT: JIYEON (WARLORD)’

In an instance, his right hand turns into a suit of black, with yellow piece and glove on it. He is also holding the same katana he had earlier.

“He changed?” Alice just stares at him.

He charges forward, swinging the sword around, slashing the blob around.

Finally stopping, Eisen takes out another ball, this time a green ball with a dark green star at the middle of it. He do the same and puts it into the same slot.

RIGHT ARM, CONVERT: ALICE (CALLER)’

His right hand now becomes white skin with green pieces and green glove with a star at the middle. He is now holding a chain with a load at the end.

Swinging it around, Eisen starts throwing it toward the blob, pushing it away further from them.

Finally, he taps the slot as his right hand turns back to normal.

“Let’s end this!” he pulls out the card and throws it above the sky. The card flies above the goo, turning bigger.

He disappears into nothingness, only to reappear out of the card, kicking the blob into an explosion.

The card turns smaller and returns to the belt as it disappears, along with his suit.

Eisen sighs, looking around, “Hey, where is he?”

“I… I don’t know,” Alice mutters, looking around as well.

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Somewhere else, the man is running away, looking at his back constantly, “Monster… that man is a monster!”

But then he stops, looking forward.

A man wearing a cap is smiling wide in a creepy fashion, “ert, where are you thinking you are running away from? You should be dead by now.”

He slowly turns around, only to be eaten by something bigger.

A story under the brand of Extreme Heroes. This story is using different versions of celebrities as a plot point as different dimensions are explored throughout the story.

Next: More about Eisen’s true identity is told, along with the reason of Alice being chased. This time, the real ert Killer appears, fighting against Krad.