Demonic

Spiralling

The next day Minho walked alongside Jonghyun towards their dorm on the East side of campus. He noticed that Jonghyun was quieter than usual as he talked about something irrelevant.

"Are you okay?" Minho asked after a brief pause.

Jonghyun looked up as if he'd been disturbed from an important thought. "I'm.. excited." Jonghyun replied lamely.

"Well, that's one way of showing it." Minho chuckled. "What about?"

"You slept the whole night through last night, right?"

"I sleep like the dead. Every night."

Jonghyun creased his eyebrows and nodded. "I just wish other people experienced what I do sometimes."

"The ghost on your chest?" Minho asked, honestly wanting to know more.

"I'll try to wake you up if it happens again tonight. But I'm usually too scared to move."

"I really don't understand how that's a good thing for you."

"I'm only scared becuase I don't understand Minho." A look crossed over Jonghyun's, giving Minho the impression that he was an old soul, sent back to Earth centuries later to recover all he'd lost.

Minho had never seen Jonghyun so focused on something other than his music.

 

Minho and Jonghyun got home to find Onew sitting on the couch with Taemin, calmly watching a TV show that wasn't exactly suitable for all audiences. Onew wasn't even paying attention to the show but he smiled at Jonghyun and Minho.

"Where's Key?" Minho asked, looking around.

"Sleeping on my bed." Taemin sighed. "Says it's more comfortable than his."

Jonghyun walked into the lounge and looked at the screen of the television and then at Taemin with a dissaproving look. "I don't even watch this show. Kids these days."

Taemin only smirked in response as Jonghyun took his books upstairs to his room. His and Minho's room door was closed, which was unusual. Jonghyun opened the door and walked inside. The room was much colder than the hallway was. One of the windows were open. Jonghyun walked towards it and looked out over the campus. The twilight sky darkened every second. Jonghyun stared out of the window until it was almost too dark to see anything besides the skyline, thoughts wondering aimlessly.

He squinted to get a better view as a dark shape stood beside a tree meters away from the dorm. Jonghyun wondered if his eyes were playing tricks on him as he stared at the person. Or was it really a person? It didn't move. Then it was too dark for Jonghyun to see anything.

"Hey, supper's ready." Minho put his hand on the doorframe.

Jonghyun was startled out of his reverie. "What?"

"Supper." Minho looked at Jonghyun with an obvious expression.

Jonghyun looked back out the window one more time before walking out of the room, following Minho.

Minho stopped outside Key and Taemin's room. "Wake up!" he shouted, knowing that he'd startle Key from his peaceful sleep.

Key opened his eyes suddenly with fright. "Suppertime!" Key sat up to glare at Minho but he was already rushing down the stairs, pushing past Jonghyun so that he could get to safe ground. Key smiled and shook his head. Next time Minho was tired from a long day of studying he'd get him back.

______________

The boys sat down to eat unceremoniously.

"Wasn't it my turn to cook tonight?" Jonghyun widened his eyes and looked at Minho.

"I felt like cooking." Onew smiled.

"So tomorrow nights mine then?" Jonghyun questioned.

"No. I'll cook tomorrow as well."

Key raised an eyebrow. "What's with the charity work?" He asked referring to Onew spending his whole free day cleaning their dorm.

Onew swallowed a clump of rice and almost choked. "Am I not always this hospitable?" He smiled, knowing the answer.

"No." All four boys said in unison making Onew's smile turn humble. "I'm going to do better." He nodded, pressing his lips together.

Key leaned over towards Taemin and pointed at Onew. "An attitude you could learn from."

Taemin rolled his eyes. "I do work hard."

"Say that when you clean our room." Key stated, tired of picking up after Taemin. The boy'd become so messy lately.

______________

Jonghyun had been awake for what seemed hours when finally something changed in the atmosphere of the bedroom. He looked over at Minho, who quite literally looked like he was dead. The room got colder and Jonghyun closed his eyes, trying not to be scared. A weight pushed down on his chest so gradually that only when it was almost too heavy to bear did he notice it.

Willing himself to be brave Jonghyun opened his eyes a little. Eventually they were fully open but nothing could be seen. He let his eyes adjust and soon he could see a dark figure standing in the hallway. Jonghyun had left the door open on purpose that night. He watched as the dark figure walked away and down the hallway towards Onew's room. 'Why is it going there?' Jonghyun thought, trying to get up but he couldn't move. The weight seemed to increase every time.

"Minho." Jonghyun whispered, unable to turn his head but still able to move his eyes around. Why was he paralysed? It had never been like this before.

"Minho." Jonghyun said a little louder. Minho didn't move.

The figure appeared in the doorway again, startling Jonghyun into silence. It stayed still for minutes as Jonghyun shut his eyes and opened them, hoping that it would be gone. The ghost didn't seem friendly anymore. Then it began to come closer, towards Minho's bed. A crippling fear spread throughout Jonghyun as it got closer and closer to Minho.

"Minho." Jonghyun strained against his paralysis.

"Minho!" His words seemed to have no affect on the situation. Could anyone even hear him?

"Leave him alone." Jonghyun tried to get the creature to stop as it bent down towards Minho.

"Leave!" Jonghyun growled, feeling a desperate force rise up in him. "Leave now!"

The creature turned as if glaring at Jonghyun, though no facial features could be seen to confirm the theory, and it moved in an annatural manner out of the room, disappearing. The weight lifted from Jonghyun's chest a few minutes later and he could move again. 

"Minho!" Jonghyun jumped out of bed, tears finally able to spill from his eyes. Jonghyun ran to switch the big light on, casting a glow into the hallway so that Jonghyun could be sure the ghost was gone.

Minho groaned and covered his eyes with his arm as the intense light blinded him. "What are you doing?"

"Are you okay?" Jonghyun knelt beside Minho's bed.

"Yes." Minho said through a gravelly voice. Jonghyun got up and put his hands on Minho's neck, making sure the ghost hadn't done anything when he was hovering over Minho. It had looked like was touching Minho's neck.

Mihno let out a sharp laugh as Jonghyun's hands tickled his neck. Minho opened his eyes and smacked Jonghyun away.

Jonghyun sat on his bed and stared at the floor once he was sure Minho was okay.

Minho noticed that Jonghyun's eyes were red and evidence of wetness apparent on his cheeks. Minho got up quickly and sat next to Jognhyun. "What happened this time?" He made the older boy look at him. Jonghyun shook his head and looked at Minho with a glazed over shock.

"What happened?"

"The ghost. It came back." Jonghyun whispered.

"What happened." Minho tried to shake Jonghyun out of his shock.

"What's going on?" Onew appeared in the doorway, squinting at the light.

"Onew! Are you okay?" Jonghyun remembered the ghost going towards his room.

"I'm fine." Onew's eyebrows creased.

"Good." Jonghyun looked at the floor again and nodded.

"Go back to sleep hyung." Jonghyun said after a silence as Onew and Minho judged Jonghyun's condition.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Onew asked as Minho patted Jonghyun's back soothingly.

"I'm just a crazy person. Ignore me." Jonghyun laughed without humour.

"Alright. Goodnight." Onew closed the door and went back to bed.

Minho looked at Jonghyun. "Tell me what happened."

Jonghyun took a deep breath. "The weight was on my chest again. Then the room got cold and it was in the hallway. I tried to wake you up but you couldn't hear me." Jonghyun took another deep breath to calm his cracking voice. "Then it went to Onew's room and it came back here and it was doing something to you." Jonghyun watched Minho's eyes widen.

"Like what?"

"I don't know but I shouted at it and it left. It felt evil." Jonghyun teared up again. Minho pulled him into a comforting hug.

"It could have been a nightmare." Minho suggested, hoping to god that he was right.

"No." Jonghyun shook his head against Minho's shoulder as more tears flowed. "It wasn't a nightmare."

_________________________________

Hmm, this turned out to be another horror lol. (When in doubt write horrifically xD)

I may work in some romance as well.. I have a basic idea of how it's going to unfold ^^