Please Be My Valentine ~

Please Be My Valentine

>> Words, phrases and/or sentences which are italicized and underlined means that the character speaking says it on his/her mind. For short, it's  a thought. It can also be a whisper.

>> Words, phrases and/or sentences written in bold face are lyrics, meaning that the character is singing.



 

 

Youngjae's face scrunched as he felt someone shaking him.

"Wake up Youngjae! Yah! Wake up! It's 11:00 AM, we don't want to be late. Right?" Amber asked the sleepy head.

Youngjae just nodded and covered his fave with the blanket.

"This lazy sleepy head." Amber continued, "You better wake up at 11:30 or else I'm leaving you!" Amber then left Youngjae.

Eversince Youngjae broke up with Jaebum, Amber was there to comfort him and help him move on. Amber insisted that Youngjae "must" live with her to help him out. Since then, Youngjae kinda moved on. He's not hurt anymore, but he still have feelings for Jaebum. His love for the older will never perish. He will love him forever.

 

Youngjae opened his eyes slowly, reaching for his mobile phone to check his text messages, missed calls and also the time. As he opened the screen lock, the digits "12:30 PM" waved at him. He instantly went to the bathroom and took a shower. After taking a bath, he quickly dressed himself up and went downstairs.

"AMBER! YAH!" Youngjae screamed at the hallway. Youngjae looked around searching for the blonde-haired female.

"AMBEEEEEER! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!" Youngjae again screamed.

She definitely left me behind. That girl.

Youngjae then looked at his mobile phone again. He read some of the text messages.

I left you. Scumbag! You better come to work as soon as you woke up!    -Amber.

As he read Amber's text message, he smiled and rushed to the door. He exited the house and walked towards the bar where he and Amber worked. For the past months, he started to forget the pain he felt because of his ex-boyfriend and because of Junior too, enabling him to work with them comfortably.

 



 

As Youngjae reached the bar, he saw Amber and Junior sticking heart-shaped red papers on the bar's entrance. There also hangs a tarpauline saying "Happy Valentine's! Try our couple drinks promo, only for 10 dollars!"

Youngjae walked past them, entering the bar. As he step foot inside, he sees his and Junior's work station oddly decorated. A lot of cupid-like balloons are floating, rose petals scattered on the floor, red and white curtains everywhere.

"It's just February 13. Why design the entire bar like this Amber?" Youngjae asked as he felt the female's presence.

"Well duh. It's February. Isn't it obvious? Valentine's." Amber simply answered.

"But why now? Shouldn't we be doing it on the 14th? Tomorrow?" Youngjae asked again.

"No. Friday the 13th. We must make the customers feel that there will be no bad luck, but just pure love." Amber replied back, laughing at her lame excuse.

Youngjae just raised his eyebrow and proceeded to the employees' room. As he sit his things down on his locker, he sees Jaebum chasing Junior towards the exit of the employees' room.

"Why are you being like that?" Jaebum asked.

"What? I'm not doing anything. And can you please stop chasing and calling me? It's very irritating." Junior replied harshly, pushing Jaebum lightly backwards.

Jaebum looked down and hold Junior's arm.

"Please? Not now Junior. Please?" Jaebum pleaded, sounding as if he'll cry any moment.

"Just shut the up JB. There's never an us, so stop pleading and let me go now." Junior answered back, he shaked his arm to make Jaebum let go of it. After letting go, Junior ran outside the room.

What is happening to them? I thought they loved each other?

Youngjae approached Jaebum.

"H-hyung?" Youngjae managed to speak, though he is stuttering.

"Oh. Youngjae." Jaebum said, his voice kind of low for his usual speaking voice.

"What happened to you and Junior? Are you guys alright? I kinda heard you from there." Youngjae said, pointing at the spot where he was.

"I don't know Youngjae. I don't know." Jaebum replied. He then cried and collapsed at Youngjae. The younger caught Jaebum by his arms and led him to seat at the chair.

"You can tell me everything .... if you want." Youngjae said, rubbing the older's back.

"Well, it first started when that Mark guy started working across the street." Jaebum stated.

"Mark? The red-haired guy from the dance studio in front?" Youngjae asked for confirmation.

"Yeah. That's him. You see, it seems that Mark has taken a liking to Junior. And vice versa." Jaebum continued, still crying.

"Oh. Then? Anything happened between you guys?" Youngjae asked.

"Well, I confronted Junior. I told him that that Mark guy is not good enough. He is not better than me." Jaebum said.

"Then one day, we had an argument. He told me that Mark is far way better than me. Than Im Jaebum. He told me a lot of good things about Mark. He can dance, rap and also handsome. Junior always complimented that guy, even when I'm around or not." Jaebum continued.

Youngjae just nodded, listening carefully at what the older is saying.

"Then he told me that he'll date Mark and dump me. I don't know, I said that I still love you Youngjae." Jaebum paused for a bit, looking at the younger's eyes.

"But he doesn't care. He said that I was just a buddy for him. He didn't loved me like how you loved me before. I keep on telling him that I will come back to you and love you again ... but he really doesn't care. He neevr talked to me again eversince that heated argument." Jaebum ended his sentence. He then cried again, continuously.

"You see, if that's what Junior said ... then accept it. Simply accept the fact that he just played with you and your feelings." Youngjae said, looking at the ceiling while rubbing small circles on the older's back using his thumb.

"Played with feelings? Just like how I played with yours?" Jaebum asked, his tears stopped flowing.

"Uhm ... yeah. I think?" Youngjae answered back, removing the contact between his hand and the older's back.

"But I still love you Youngjae! I really do! Whenever I'm with Junior, I always think about you. I miss you. I want you." Jaebum said softly, his hands cupping the younger's cheek. Silence befalls Youngjae. As the younger keeps his mouth shut, Jaebum kissed him passionately.

Youngjae broke the kiss and pushed Jaebum lightly away from him.

"You're just saying that because of what's happening now. I'm sure that everything will turn out alright. You guys love each other right?" Younjae said, standing up. Youngjae then waved at his hyung and left him alone.

But what I have said is true. I really really missed you Youngjae. A lot. I still care. I still love you.

 

Youngjae left the room and went to the customers' comfort room. He locked himself in a cubicle and sat at the lid of the toilet bowl.

"What just happened Youngjae?" Youngjae whispered to himself.

I feel relieved and sad at the same time while talking to JB hyung. I want to hug him and say that I will welcome him again in my heart, but there's this something that keeps me on doing it. Maybe it's pain?

 



 

Amber is walking around the bar, checking all the decorations and other stuffs. She sees Junior on the phone, talking to someone. She eavesdropped on the raven-haired dude.

"Hi baby! Could you go at the bar's Valentine's party later?" Junior said. 

Baby? Wait. Who's "baby"? I thought Jaebum and Junior were together.

"Oh really? Then I'll meet you outside on 9:00. Okay?" Junior told the man on the other line.

9:00 PM? Outside? The man on the other line will go here in our bar? 

"Bye Mark! I will see ya later. I love you!" Junior siad then ended the call.

As Amber heard the last sentence escaping from Junior's mouth, she immediately walked away and looked for Jaebum.

She went to the comfort rooms but Jaebum was not there. She tried on the backstage and Jaebum's also not there. Her last hope is the employees' room. So she quickly shifted her position and dashed towards the said room. She opened the door but found none.

Youngjae passed by a running Amber. He asked why she's running.

"I'm looking for Jaebum. Have you seen him?" Amber asked.

"Well, the last time I saw him was on the employees' room. But for sure, he's on the rooftop." Youngjae replied.

"Oh really? Thanks!" Amber thanked the younger then rushed towards the fire exit, running towards the rooftop.

 



 

Amber told Jaebum what she saw and heard, Jaebum just nodded in return.

"I know all of it. Everything." Jaebum replied back, tears starting to form again in his eyes.

"Really? For how long?" Amber asked, putting her arm around the guy beside her.

Jaebum didn't reply. He just stared at the blank sky above him.

"Well, sorry for asking. Anyway, does that mean ..... Junior ..... also played with your ... feelings?" Amber shyly asked, looking away.

Jaebum felt a pang in his chest. Hearing the word "also" hurts him inside and out. He suddenly remembers all the memories he had with Youngjae. How he cared for him, kissed him .... and cuddled with him. He feels his chest tightening as memories with Youngjae flooded his mind. He cannot control what he feels now, so he cried. He cried and Amber just looked at him. With eyes full of sorrow.

Amber hugged Jaebum and patted his back.

"Keep it going. Just let it all out." Amber said.

Jaebum cried continuously, not minding if Amber's clothes are being wet. He laid his body down on the concrete flooring of the rooftop. Amber continued carressing the dude sprawled on the floor.

"Come on now. Why don't you sing for tonight? I'm sure it'll kinda help you." Amber asked.

Jaebum stopped crying and looked at the female's eyes.

"Can you rap?" Jaebum asked.

"Yeah. I can." Amber replied.

"Let's sing Eyes, Nose, Lips. Please?" Jaebum asked, his voice croaked from too much crying.

Amber just nodded and pulled the dude to stand up.

They both walked towards the fire exit. Amber prepared everything on the stage, while Jaebum sits on the corner.

Amber gestured Jaebum to go to the stage.

As Jaebum walked towards the stage, he bumped with Junior.

"Sorry. Can you-" Jaebum was speaking, and then was cut-off by Junior.

"You're not looking in your way JB. Please do so often. I'll be going now. Bye." Junior replied back.

Junior then left Jaebum, the latter then proceeded to the stage.

"Attention people. Tonight, my friend will sing for us. Please do anticipate his performance." Amber's voice echoed in the bar.

At exactly 9:00 PM, Junior entered the bar with a red-haired guy.

"Is that Mark?" Amber asked Jaebum.

"If it's a guy with red hair and a dickhead, yes. If he doesn't meet what I have said, no." Jaebum answered, not looking at the entrance where Junior and Mark are currently standing.

Amber just laughed and went to the stage, pulling Jaebum with her.

The couple went to Youngjae's workplace and ordered some drinks.

"Apple Martini for me Jae, and a glass of Tequilla Sunrise for this handsome boyfriend of mine please. Thank you." Junior ordered.

Youngjae then grabbed the cocktail shaker, pouring the alcoholic beverages needed for Junior's order. He instinctively performed tricks for the couple, though he felt very angry at Junior.

Am I angry? Why am I mad at Junior? Maybe because Jaebum is a friend, and I don't want my friends to be hurt ...... but Jaebum is special. Very special.

Youngjae then served the order and looked at the stage as Amber called everyone's attention.

"Guys, I'll be performing Eyes Nose Lips English Version with Im Jaebum. A close friend of mine." Amber said over the microphone while pointing at Jaebum.

Jaebum just waved at everyone and sat at the chair beside Amber.

 

Amber then sat, readying herself to play the guitar to accompany Jaebum's singing.

She then strummed the guitar and started rapping.

[Amber]

you left me paralyzed, no cure, no rehab for me
funny that you got the nerve to keep asking me
how i’ve been
you’re the victor in this pageantry
but the only trophy you deserve, catastrophe
i’d rather we be dead to each other
no eulogies said for each other
no “rest in peace”s
the memories got my chest in pieces
 
[Jaebum]
i’m praying that your eyes are the first to go
the way they looked when you smiled
the way they opened and closed
and your nose, every single breath against my neck
and then your lips, every empty promise made and said
please fade, fade to black
please fade, fade to black
but the nightmares come back
 
 
[Amber + Jaebum]
because your eyes, nose, lips
every look and every breath
every kiss still got me dying
uh, still got me crying
 
because your eyes, nose, lips
every look and every breath
every kiss still got me dying
uh, still got me crying
 
 
[Amber]
forget a promenade, let’s juggernaut,
down memory lane, leave no thought alive
to the slaughter house, i’m taking my pain
time to sever my brain from my heart and soul
my knees are burning hot, but God is cold
 
[Jaebum]
I’ve been told, one day you’ll know
too much of heaven’s a sin
after the show, it’s only hell that it brings
so take it slow and let time heal everything
they say that time flies, but you keep breaking its wings
you’ll never fade, fade to black
please fade, fade to black
but the nightmares come back
 
 
[Amber + Jaebum]
because your eyes, nose, lips
every look and every breath
every kiss still got me dying
uh, still got me crying
 
because your eyes, nose, lips
every look and every breath
every kiss still got me dying
uh, still got me crying
you wish me well
you wish me well
i wish you hell
 
[Amber + Jaebum] (Vocal Adlibs: Jaebum)
because your eyes, nose, lips
every look and every breath
every kiss still got me dying
uh, still got me crying
the tears drive me out of my mind
 
because your eyes, nose, lips
every look and every breath
your  kiss still got me dying
uh, still got me crying
crying, crying
fade out
 
 
The two finished their song, Amber's eyes focused on the guy beside her. Jaebum's eyes closed as soon as they finished the song, tears streaming down slowly on his face.
"It'll get better for you and Junior for sure." Amber said patting his friend's back.
 


 

Junior and Mark sat at the corner of the bar, away from the crowd of people. They cuddle and do romantic stuffs with each other. They sit there and enjoy there with 3 pairs of eyes observing them from afar.

"Why don't you talk to them Hyung?" Youngjae asked Jaebum.

"Nah. I ...... I don't want to." Jaebum sheepishly replied, not even looking at the younger's eyes.

"Why don't you brave up and break with Junior while Mark is still there with him?" Amber suggested.

"I don't know. I'm afraid." Jaebum answered back, chugging the glass of alcohol in front of him.

"You don't have to. Junior did exactly what you did to Youngjae. Just be brave and break up with him. Just like how Jae did it to you." Amber said, eyeing the sober guy beside her.

"I don't know. I'm not as brave as Youngjae ..... I'm a loser. Youngjae did everything for me ... but I did nothing. I lost him." Jaebum replied, tears starting to form on his eyes.

"Hello guys, I'm here. I can hear you. Well anyway, you can do it Hyung." Youngjae, raising two thumbs up. 

"After this, can I talk to you? Privately." Jaebum said.

Youngjae just nodded and smiled. The older then stood and walked towards Junior and Mark.

As Jaebum reached the couple, he bowed his head down and spoke.

"Junior ..... I'm breaking up with you. You're playing with my feelings and Mark's. I loved you but you just played with my heart."

"What? You don't have to break up with him JB. Because Junior only used you to make me come back with him. You're relationship with him is not real." Mark answered back, laughing a little.

"And will never be." Junior added.

The couple then stood up and left a kneeling and crying Jaebum.

As Jaebum cried endlessly, Youngjae approached him from behind and hugged him.

"It's alright hyung. You deserve someone better." Youngjae whispered.

Jaebum's breathing hitched as he felt the younger's arms wrap around his body. He felt loved all of a sudden as soon as he felt the warm blow of breaths by the younger on his nape.

"You'll be alright JB. I know it's really painful ... but soon, very very soon ... you'll find someone perfect for you. Someone who'll love you greater than me, and greater than Junior." Youngjae continued.

Jaebum loved Youngjae's voice. It's angelic and he likes how Youngjae's tone. But what he said had left a mark on Jaebum's heart. It made his heart skip a beat. He's hurt of what he's hearing.

As Jaebum is lost on his deep thoughts, he feels the younger's face buried on his back. He then feels a wet spot on his back.

"I tried to move on hyung, but I can't. I tried to think that you're a big mistake that I'd done. You're imperfect for me. But you're the perfectly imperfect mistake that I had chosen to do." Youngjae said as tears flow down from his eyes.

Jaebum stopped crying and is still kneeling down. He kneeled there silently, letting the younger to continue talking.

"Amber did everything to make me forget about you ... but I can't. It's like you're a part of my brain. You are unforgettable." Youngjae continued.

Jaebum sat down, and faced the younger. Youngjae also did the same thing, but as for him, he bowed his head down.

"Last time, I knew that you loved Junior more than me. I knew that he's better than me. He has the talent, looks, and also in bed. For sure. I pushed all those facts in my head, trying to delete all our memories ... but it keeps haunting me back." Youngjae continued.

He then raised his head and brought his hands to the older's face.

"I miss your sparkling eyes." The younger said, pointing at the older's eyes.

"I miss your lips that kisses me goodbye every night." Youngjae continued, swiping his thumb on the older's lips.

"I miss your voice that serenades me every now and then." Youngjae said, carressing the older's throat.

Jaebum then hushed the crying Youngjae.

"You know .... I feel the same way." Jaebum said.

"Eversince you broke up with me, I had the feeling that I was wrong." Jaebum continued.

"I was wrong to love Junior and leave you. The one I loved first and loved me whole-heartedly." Jaebum said.

They stared at each other for a few minutes and Jaebum continued speaking.

"To be honest, the song Amber and I sang ... I really don't know if I sang it for you ... or for Junior." Jaebum said, looking away.

Youngjae just smiled and hugged the older.

Jaebum hugged back stood up. He also assisted the younger to stand up.

 



 

As people started to leave the bar, Amber also stopped performing and left the stage.

"This time, we're going to close the bar early .. okay?" Amber told Youngjae and Jaebum.

"Oh really? Around what time then?" Jaebum asked.

"At exactly 11:00 PM." Amber replied.

"It's quarter to 11. Shouldn't we be announcing that they should leave the bar now?" Youngjae asked.

"Yeah yeah. Let's do that." Amber said.

The three of them then told the remaining customers their plan and asked them politely to leave.

All of the customers left the bar. Only the three employees were left. They cleaned the whole bar and sat for a moment.

"So ... I'm gonna leave now okay? You guys should be going soon okay? It's pretty late now. Don't forget to lock this place down." Amber said.

The two nodded and smiled. Amber then stood up, gathered her stuff then left the bar.

 

"Youngjae?" Jaebum said.

"Yes?" Youngjae replied.

"You know that I still love you up until today right?" Jaebum asked.

"No. But you know that I really really love you from the start up until the end right?" Youngjae answered back jokingly.

The two then laughed loudly. Jaebum scooted closer to Youngjae and hugged him  from behind.

"I'm really sorry that I did such a terrible thing to you Youngjae." JAebum said, resting his chin on the younger's shoulder.

"Already forgiven. I missed you so much Jaebum." Youngjae replied, facing Jaebum.

"I also missed you. A lot." Jaebum replied, kissing the younger on the lips.

 

The couple broke from the kiss and stood up. They gathered their things, got outside of the bar and locked the place.

They walked side-by-side, holding each other's hands.

 

"Oh wait! Youngjae!" Jaebum exclaimed, stopping Youngjae from walking.

"What?" Youngjae asked, facing his boyfriend.

"What time is it?" Jaebum asked.

"12 midnight. Why?" Youngjae replied.

"Oh. Let's go there. I'll tell you something." Jaebum said, pointing at the dimly-lit lamppost.

The two then walked towards the lamppost and stood under the rays of the dim light of it.

"Please be my Valentine. Forever and for the whole eternity." Jaebum said.

"Stop that non-romantic cheesy line. It's irritating me." Youngjae siad, then laughed.

He kissed his boyfriend's lips and Jaebum kissed back. they hugged each other while kissing. After a minute or so, they broke the contact and Jaebum stared straight at Youngjae's eyes.

"Happy Valentine's Youngjae."

"Happy Valentine's too Jaebum."

 

 



 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

SO YEAH. THIS FANFIC HAS OFFICIALLY ENDED.

AND SINCE WE'RE ABOUT TO FINISH OUR RESEARCH PAPER THIS WEEK, I CAN UPDATE MY OTHER FANFIC AGAIN (?)

 

 

AM REFERRING TO THIS FANFIC: I LIKE YOU

Thank you guys for supporting and reading this fanfic! :)

Hope you'll read and support my other on-going fanfic and other upcoming fanfics! Thanks again!:)