FLASHBACK~

Please Be My Valentine

>> Words, phrases and/or sentences which are italicized and underlined means that the character speaking says it on his/her mind. For short, it's  a thought. It can also be a whisper.

>> Words, phrases and/or sentences written in bold face are lyrics, meaning that the character is singing.

 



Sunlight gleamed down on Youngjae's beautiful face. The young man then scrunched his whole face. He opened his eyes slowly, but then got blinded quickly by the rays of the sunlight filling his small bedroom. He immediately pulled his blanket up to his face and covered himself. As he slowly falls into sleep again, his mobile phone rang. He reached out for his phone and read the characters displayed on his phone's screen.

"Jaebum Calling . . ."

Youngjae answered the phone.

"Hello? Hon?" He greeted.

"Hello! Are you ready for work? I'll be running late." Jaebum answered.

"Running late? Why? What time is it?" Youngjae asked, looking at the wall clock hanging on his bedroom's wall.

The clock showed that it's 9:30 AM, and his shift starts at 10:00.

"Wait. Imma hang now an dget ready. I will be running late too." Youngjae said.

He then immediately sprung out of his bed and dashed towards his shower room and took a bath. Before closing the door, he heard Jaebum saying I love you on the other line. He smiled and closed the door quickly.

After showering, Youngjae rummaged his wardrobe to look for clothes he'll be wearing today. He then dressed himself up and ran down the stairs towards the living room.

 



 

Youngjae is excited to work today. He will see his most beloved boyfriend, Jaebum. He wants to spend his whole break with him and go out after business hours.

He walked towards the bar where he and Jaebum work in. He slowly pass by the busy streets and reached the bar just in time.

As Youngjae opened the door, he sees his friend, Amber, preparing the stage for her performance later.

"Have you seen Jaebum hyung? Is he here already?" Youngjae asked Amber.

"Oh. There you are, and nope. He's not in here yet." Amber answered back, strumming the acoustic guitar to check if it's already tuned properly.

"Oh. Okay." Youngjae simply replied.

The younger then walked towards the bar and prepared everything for his job.

 

Youngjae is the barista, together with Junior. Amber performs every night for the guests and Jaebum is in-charge of the security.

Youngjae cleans all the glasses and arranged it. He also arranged the hundreds of alcohol bottles in the bar. At exactly 1:00 PM, the door of the bar opened. Youngjae then eyed who entered. It was Jaebum. With Junior linking his arm on Jaebum's.

Youngjae was shocked to see HIS boyfriend entering the bar with Junior. He knows that the two are very close to each other ... but not that close that they will link their arms. Youngjae felt a little hurt at the sight of his boyfriend being at another man's arms.

He slowly approached the pair and eyed them from head to toe. He then focused his eyes on their arms.

"Hi there." Youngjae greeted sharply.

"Hello there saengie!" The raven-haired boy greeted him.

The younger just nudged at the greeting, his eyes still focused on the arms linked with each other. Youngjae then smiled and left.

The two then continued walking inwards the bar and proceeded to the employees' room, wherein they will leave their things there. It also serves as the place where the employees' will take their break.

 



 

As soon as Youngjae left the pair, he quickly went to Amber.

"Don't think of anything ahppening between them Jae. Jaebum loves you, right?" Amber asked as soon as she sees Youngjae approaching her.

You're asking me Noona. You yourself know that Jaebum hyung is having an affair with Junior hyung.

"Yes. I know. It's just very unpleasant to see my boyfriend entering with his workmate clinging on him." Youngjae replied cooly.

I'm sorry Youngjae. I know that you're having doubts, but I cannot tell you that Jaebum loves Jinyoung more than you. He only used you ...... your heart ...... and your body.

"See? Just trust him if you really love him. Okay? Anyway, can you get my mini amplifiers at the back? Thanks!" Amber said, pointing at the employees' room.

Youngjae then nodded, walking towards the said room as soon as Amber finished her sentence.

The young man put his hand on the doorknob, twisting it slowly.

As he slowly pushed the door open, he heard undescribable sounds coming from inside the room. He then followed the source of the sound and saw his boyfriend ...... and devouring Junior's mouth. The youngster then hung his mouth open at the view of his boyfriend making out with his workmate. He put on both of his hands on his mouth to cover it, tears slowly forming on his eyes. 

He then closed his eyes and dashed towards them. He quickly grabbed the mini amplifiers Amber asked him to fetch and then ran towards the exit. His free hand wiping his tears-stained face, also covering his mouth afterwards.

 

Junior and Jaebum then stopped their act as they felt the youngster dashed in and out of the room in just a minute. The raven-haired man's hands then s at Jaebum's neck, carressing it slowly and pulling him for a kiss again, but Jaebum pushed him away lightly. Jaebum chased his boyfriend.

 

Youngjae quickly passed the amplifiers to Amber then dashed towards the bar's exit. He exited the bar and ran somewhere his feet will bring him, still tears running down his face.

"Hey! Is Youngjae crying? What the did you do?"" Amber asked sharply, her eyes throwing daggers at Jaebum.

"I don't know. Where'd he go?" Jaebum asked, his eyes scanning the whole place looking for Youngjae.

Amber pointed at the exit and continued on her work. Jaebum then ran towards the exit.

 



 

 

I loved him truly. I gave him my all. I may not be perfect for him, and he may be too, but what have I did before to receive such a thing like this? I know Junior is really talented. He can dance, he can sing, he can act and he is funny. But am I not enough for Jaebum? 

 

Youngjae continued questioning himself and his efforts as he ran. His feet then stopped. He continued on wiping the tears continuously flowing down his face. He then looked up to see where he is, and to his surprise ..... his feet brought him to the playground where he first met Jaebum when they were kids.

He walked towards the slide. He climbed on the top of it and sat there. His chin resting on his knees. He stopped his crying and just stared at the sky.

As he sit and stare at the sky, he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked up to see a chinky-eyed man panting holding him at his shoulder.

"What do you want?" Youngjae asked sharply.

"We are not what you think we are. Let me explain." Jaebum replied back, sitting beside the younger.

Youngjae didn't reply, instead he stared on the sky again.

"As we entered the room, he confessed his feelings. I told Junior that I am sorry because I cannot reciprocate the feelings he have for me, but we can be friends." Jaebum started talking.

Youngjae just listened, his eyes still focused on the red orange-ish sky.

"He then asked me if he's not enough for me. He also asked if you're better than him, I said yes. I really really love you Youngjae, you know that right?" Jaebum continued.

"Then why are you kissing him?" Youngjae finally talked, tears again starting to form on his eyes.

Jaebum brought one of his hands on Youngjae's eyes and wiped the tears that started to form.

"He kissed me. I know it's wrong, but I was tempted to kiss back. I'm sorry. I really am." Jaebum said, as his hand carressed the younger's cheek.

Youngjae started to cry again and hugged Jaebum.

As Youngjae kept on hugging Jaebum, the older talked.

"Remember when we first met each other here when we're young? I told you that you're my wish for my birthday right?" Jaebum asked.

Youngjae just nodded and continued on crying at his boyfriend's shoulders.

"Then I had my wish granted then." Jaebum said, his arms encircling the younger's waist. Jaebum then sang.

 

When I was young, it helped me build my dreams
My small playground that was my everything in my young world
My own world in the old photos
The wonderland in my memories that I dreamed of and played in

Now I’m an adult so will you be my dream now?
I want to stay by your side and run around and play


 

Shall I believe you Jaebum? I have doubts eversince we became boyfriends. What you have told me today, is it true? 

 

You are my playground playground playground
In your heart, will I find that dream that I lost as a child?
You are my playground playground playground
I’ll find a love that is better than the one in my fantasies
You are my playground



Even the lyrics of your song, I'm doubting it. I really love you Jaebum but why do I have this feeling every now and then? A love that is better than your fantasy? Then who's the fantasy then? Junior or me? 

 

The slide that I loved to go on as a child and the swings that made me fly high in the sky
Your soft eyes and your voice that makes my heart rush

 

My eyes and my voice? Are you sure about that?  I don't feel it that way.

 

So I want you be my only one, my eternal rhapsody
Now I realized that you are my wonderland

Now I’m an adult so will you be my dream now?
I want to stay by your side and run around and play

 

Only one? Really? Only one but you have another man's arms around you? Another man's lips your soul and tongue out and yet I am your only one? Wonderland? I am your happiness? But is it really happiness that you feel when you're with me?

 

Spread out your hidden wings
Sprinkle your magic powder on me
We’ll hold hands and fly high

Everyday Everynight Baby you are my playground eternally forever
You are my playground
You are my playground You are my playground You are my playground
You are my playground

 

I loved you truly and you didn't. I gave my all. Do you deserve a second chance? I am your playground? Eternally? Forever? Well, playgrounds are meant to be played right? Then you're going to play with me forever? Eternally? I want to be loved Jaebum. Not to be played.

 

The two then walked back to the bar, their arms linked. Before entering the bar, Jaebum kissed Youngjae on the forehead and smiled.

 



 

Youngjae stood in the bar, a wide grin plastered on his face. He serves the drinks the customers ordered. Youngjae eyed the man working beside him.

How can he put up an act like this? Can he be like this for the whole night? He's not even guilty that he kissed my boyfriend?

As he continued eyeing Junior, the latter went to the back room. Making Youngjae stand alone in their work station. As soon as Junior left the station, a queue of orders piled up. Youngjae did all the drinks by himself. He's focused doing his job. Minutes passed and Junior didn't return. He continued on serving the alcoholic beverages to the customers. An hour and a half passed, still no Junior to help him. He got curious so he followed the older at the back room. He strided slowly towards the back room, bumping some customers scattered on the place on his way.

As he reached the back room, he tried to scan the place first to see if Junior is just loafing around. Unfortunately, he doesn't see the raven-haired guy. So he opened the door a bit, just to hear anything from the inside. He then hears a familiar voice.

"There! Right there!" the voice echoed in the empty room.

Isn't this Jaebum's voice? What is he doing? I thought Junior was in here?

Youngjae got curious and peeked a little bit. He then sees Jaebum standing, leaning his body in the wall. He also sees a kneeling Junior. He got shocked at what he saw. He never thought that Jaebum and Junior will do this thing. Jaebum said that he is his everything. He said that he love him. Younjae closed the door and rushed towards Amber.

Amber looks at him with a confused look.

"What is it now Jae? I thought you guys already fixed up?" Amber asks, rubbing the younger's back.

"I saw them .... doing that thing." Youngjae managed to reply, stressing the last word.

"Where? When?" Amber asked, still consoling her friend.

"Just now. Back at the employees' room." Youngjae answered back, crying at her shoulders.

They didn't talked. Amber just let Youngjae cry on her shoulder.

"Why don't you sing Youngjae? Just to comfort yourself?" Amber asked.

Youngjae nodded and wiped off his tears.

The two then proceeded to the stage. The spotlight focusing on them.

 



 

Where you are, I will be there too
Where you go, I will go there too

I smile for you every day, I pray for you
With thoughts of you, I fall asleep I open my eyes as I call for you
You protect me by my side and you embrace me
You are my heaven


This is what I though at the first time we became boyfriends. That we will be always at each other's arms.

 

* You're my only one way
Only for you I am thankful that I am next to you
You're the only one babe
You taught me love in this harsh world I am happy with you alone

 

I am really happy. Being with you, loving you. Feeling your touches and seeing your smiles. Everything about you makes me happy.

 

Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven x2
If we're together we will never cry never never cry
Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven x2
Forever, together never gonna be alone

 

I feel heaven when I am with you. Just being with you makes me feel I reach cloud nine. But why is this happening? The one I love the most and makes me happy is the one who hurts me alot and makes me cry?

 

I breathe in your arms, we kiss in your arms
When I hear your voice, it feels like I'm dreaming
I can tell from your eyes, I can tell about your love
You are my heaven

* You're my only one way
Only for you I am thankful that I am next to you
You're the only one babe
You taught me love in this harsh world I am happy with you alone

 

Yes, I miss that. Cuddling in my bed, or in yours. Making me feel loved by your touches and hugs. Your warm smile and kisses. I miss all of those. This world is truly harsh, but I cannot take it that you too are being harsh to me. Haven;t you loved me truly?

 

Heaven my only person, yes the person who will protect me
Any sadness, any pain if only I'm with you
I'm not jealous of anyone else hold my two trembling hands
Because the reason I live is you


I feel so alive because of you. I think that I was born to love you. But no, I feel that I was born just to be hurt by you. I am so jealous and hurt now Jaebum. Why?

 

* You're my only one way
Only for you I am thankful that I am next to you
You're the only one babe
You taught me love in this harsh world I am happy with you alone

Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven x2
If we're together we will never cry never never cry
Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven x2
Forever, together never gonna be alone
Oh, so alone

 

Yes. I am. I am alone. I am nothing without you. Without Jaebum.

 

 


And Youngjae finished the song with tears flowing down his eyes like a waterfall.

Then Amber reached out for the microphone.

"Jaebum? Im Jaebum?" Amber's voice echoed throughout the bar.

The spotlight then focused on Jaebum, who is beside Junior.

"Youngjae's breaking up with you. He loved you truly. He loved you more than his job and his parents and you wasted his feelings. You don't deserve him. He, Choi Youngjae deserves someone better. Someone who can reciprocate his feelings well and can take care of him. Someone who's loyal and can love him the same way he loved you. Thank you." Amber announced.

Amber then held Youngjae's hand and ran outside. Bringing a blood-shot eyed Youngjae, still crying with her.

 



 

 

Author's Note:

The first chapter is up! xD HAHA. The second chaoter may take a while to be posted. Am still editing it. Anyway, the lyrics are the english translation of PLAYGROUND of GOT7 and HEAVEN by AILEE. :)  So yeah. I dunno. The songs just came up to my mind. ^&^

Wait for the second chapter guys! :)

HEHE. xD