Chapter 2

Piano Man

lol, I said this wouldn't be updated that often, right? *casually dodges knives*

---

“Oh my god, you still haven’t called him? It’s been a week!” Hyesung laughed at his younger flat mate while fixing his hair. “I mean, where’s my usual, cocky yet y Andy?”

Andy had met Hyesung a few years back when they both needed someone to share rent with. They met and talked for a few days before they knew it, they were great friends, or more like mother and son. Hyesung was constantly doting on Andy and Andy was always rebelling against Hyesung’s strange overprotective rules.

“Gosh, it’s harder than you think! He was so good-looking! I kind of want to ask him out on a romantic date, but another part of me just wants to tell him to get on my bed ASAP!” Andy whined, lying on their couch. His face was buried in his hands and now he was really regretting not giving Junjin his number. Then the latter would probably make the first move instead.

He’s probably forgotten me already because I at pressing the call button, Andy thought, glaring at his phone. He tried to look mad, but ended up looking oddly adorable.

Hyesung smiled at Andy through the mirror while hiding his forehead with his chocolate brown hair.

“Dude, why don’t you ask Minwoo – was that his name? Yeah, have Minwoo help you!”

Andy scoffed and sat up.

“No way!” Andy hissed, but then smirked. “But speaking of Minwoo, why don’t I hook you two up?” Andy snickered. His two friends had never met each other, but he could totally ship it.

Andy was hoping for a grossed out reaction (since Hyesung had heard a lot about Minwoo from Andy), but the taller just smiled his typical motherly smile at Andy again and grabbed a good read.

After a few moments of comfortable silence, Andy stood up abruptly. Hyesung didn’t question Andy, he didn’t even look up from his book, since he was used to Andy’s spontaneous behavior.

“I’m going to store, mom!” Andy shouted while running out.

“Stop calling me that you ty son! Oh, and be careful, it’s dark outside!”

People often said that Hyesung looked so calm and sweet. He’s sweet alright, but calm? Heck no, Andy thought with a huge grin.

---

Andy didn’t actually need anything from the store, but now that he was here, there was no use.

Maybe I should buy some clothes, the man thought while passing a long mirror in the store. His reflection showed someone in huge black and white polka-dot pants and a very strange looking trench coat. He was even wearing his neon orange glasses (which he rarely wore after trying out the amazingness known as contact lenses).

After eventually deciding on buying soda and lots of candy, Andy went over to the cashier to check out. He did a feel a little bit guilty looking at the junk food he was buying, but even he should be allowed to treat himself every now and then. Plus, tonight would be his only day off in a while.

“That’ll be 9 dollars and 50 cents,” the cashier said with a fake, yet big smile.

Huh, he kind of reminds me of myself when I’m at work.

Andy reached into his trench coat for his wallet, but was only met by his keys, phone and some pocket lint.

“Great,” Andy muttered under his breath, realizing he had forgotten his wallet at home.

The male quickly glanced at the line behind him while clumsily digging through his pockets. His cheeks were reddening more than he’d like to admit and it was obvious that he didn’t have anything to pay with.

Just when Andy was going to awkwardly say he didn’t have his wallet, a man behind him with an unusually familiar voice spoke up.

“Here, I’ll pay,” the husky voice said. Andy looked up at the man who was giving the cashier money and he had to force himself to close his mouth.

Junjin. The pianist who he had “ignored” (not really, since he was thinking about him all week) was paying for his junk food right now. Moreover, Junjin looked amazing in casual jeans and a snug hoodie, while Andy looked like a 14-year-old geek with orange glasses.

You have no idea how many profanities were swirling around in Andy’s mind at that moment.

Andy had been in such a daze that Junjin had finished paying for both their stuff and was now looking down at the smaller.

“Well this was one heck of a strange meeting, eh, Mr. Bartender?” Junjin said with a hearty laugh. He went over to a bench outside of the store and Andy sat down next to him, clearly embarrassed.

The smaller nodded shyly, trying to avoid the taller one’s big, brown eyes. His confident personality from last week was nonexistent.

“So, why didn’t you text or call me? I gave you my number, and since I didn’t have yours I couldn’t contact you. Thank god we met here!” Junjin whined with the most adorable pout Andy had ever seen in his whole entire life.

One part of Andy wanted to just smooch the little frown right off the other’s mouth, but that would be highly inappropriate and not the best way to develop a relationship, so he let the feeling go.

How can a man be so handsome, yet cute at the same time?

“Uh, I’m quite the busy person. I didn’t have time,” Andy said, even adding a wink at the end. Seeing Junjin so vulnerable boosted his self-esteem and he felt his usual self-confidence coming back to him. “Oh, but I’m so sorry about just now! I’ll pay you back, I promise, Junjin!”

Junjin eyed Andy mischievously, yet silently.

Andy used this as an opportunity to observe Junjin’s face once again. He had dark brown hair that was curly – quite the contrast from last time they met, when his hair was straight and sleek. However, Andy liked his hair even better curly and messy like it was now. His curls rested right over his thick eyebrows and warm eyes.

“There’s no need to pay me back. It was, like only 9 bucks,” Junjin said, leaning back on the bench, and looking at the star-filled sky. “Oh, and just call me Jin, Andy.”

Andy nodded and let the nickname roll of his tongue. “Jin.” They were silent, just looking up to the sky in each other’s presence before Andy realized something and blurted out: “Plus 50 cents!”

Junjin turned his head and looked Andy right in the eyes before breaking out into a laughing fit.

“W-what? Why are you laughing?” Andy whined while Junjin was still laughing.

“It was so random! And … and you sounded so cute!”

Andy was pretty sure he had never blushed as much he did right then and there.

---

“I think I’m in love! I never fall in love!” Andy half-shouted into his phone as he shook off his shoes (noticing that Hyesung’s shoes had disappeared) and jumped onto his bed. Minwoo was the one listening to Andy’s ranting and sounded very doubtful.

“Are you sure? You’ve met him twice. Twice. As in two times. You’re never the type to get so caught up in… uh, feelings I guess.”

Andy ignored Minwoo’s statement and continued blabbering about how confusing everything was while Minwoo said his occasional input of “uh-huh’s” and “wow’s”.

“But have you given him your number yet?” Minwoo asked casually, earning a little squeal from his younger friend.

“Whoa, you sound like a high school girl in love or something!”

“Oh no! I forgot! See you!” Andy said as he hung up, again ignoring Minwoo’s remarks. He did feel slightly guilty about leaving Minwoo hanging, but his mind was filled with the mysterious man he was getting to know.

Andy grabbed his phone and buried himself into his comforter. He found Jin’s number and saved him as a contact, before starting to write a text.

“Hey, It’s me Andy. Just save my number, if you want!”

He clicked send, but immediately regretted it.

What if he sounded too desperate? Did he write anything wrong? Maybe he should have been more polite? Should he have used a smiley?

Andy didn’t get to finish his stressful thinking, because he quickly got a reply.

“Hey Andy! v(^^)v

Thanks for giving me your number, for a second I thought you thought I was creepy hehe c:

We should meet again soon! When are you available?

-Jin”

Up until this moment, Andy never thought he could get this excited from a text message, but it seems that that was false. Because right now, Andy was almost jumping in glee.

Note to self, remember smileys, he thought, observing the message, while writing his own.

“Uhh can we meet tomorrow? Maybe when I’m at work, you can come in. I’m there from 8 PM to 4 AM, so you can come in whenever you’d ! ;)

-Andy”

Andy casually sent the message, a little bit proud of his winking smiley when he noticed his grave mistake. He had written “” instead of “like”. That sounded very wrong and ual, something Andy was not going for… at least not yet!

“Oh my gosh! I meant like not !!”

“Great. Now he thinks I’m a ert.”

When Andy’s phone beeped, he jumped to it and opened the message, his heart beating while reading it.

“Haha, don’t worry. I get what you mean. :)

I’ll come by your work when you’re working, see you then!

 

PS: I can’t wait <3

-Jin”

Andy really didn’t want to admit it, but Minwoo was right. He was acting like a high school girl in love. But now he didn’t care. Their odd SMS conversation had been so childish, but it might just be Andy’s favorite to date.

Andy dialed Minwoo’s number and Minwoo answered with confidence.

“I knew it,” Minwoo sang on the phone, while Andy just buried himself deeper into his sheets.

 

~~~~~~

I AM SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING

yeah... sorry for never updating but school hit me hard and shinhwa came back and asadfghjkl

AND I KNOW THIS IS SO CLICHÉ AND WAY TOO FLUFFY AND THE WHOLE "omo oppa just paid for me at the cashier since I was so pabo and forget my wallet omo let's look at the stars oppa" IS SO OVERUSED BUT I SEE JINDY AS FLUFFY AND CUTE ON THE STREETS (and y in the sheets)

so here you go, the next chapter m(_ _)m

(this isn't proofread so expect lots of mistakes - don't worry I'll fix it up later hopefully)

OH AND THANK YOU SOO EVERYONE WHO HAD SUBSCRIBBLED AND COMMENTED AND TO ORANGEBLUE09 FOR UPVOTING. I love you guys <3