Chapter 2 "Beginning"

Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"BEGINNING"

 

 

Messy dark brunette hair that seemed to set perfectly  on all the right places,

Luminous black orbs that made me feel like I was being pulled into an abyss,

Perfectly shaped nose, although slightly bigger than normal but nevertheless, sleek, matching well with all his features,

Smooth lustrous fair skin that can easily be mistaken as of a vampire’s,

Broad masculine shoulders that unconsciously made me fantasize how it would feel like leaning unto it,

Wait…

I missed the most important part.

His lips.

His tender-looking, plump, light orange-pinkish lips.

Wait. What? What the hell am I thinking?

The boy just stood there looking innocent and sort of puzzled. He must have noticed that my mouth was still ajar and my eyes were wide open in shock, that he waved his hand a few inches from my face a couple of times. Unsuccessful with his attempt to bring me back to earth, he snapped his fingers just in front of my nose making me flinch in response.

“Uhm. What?” I answered in reflex.

And with that, he was confused more than ever.

“You tell me. You’re the one who hollered at me.” He said barely opening his mouth. A tone of annoyance was evident.

I felt the invisible tension increased when I saw that my classmates were already enjoying the show. Everyone peeked behind their easels and tried to pry on what was happening.  Panic and embarrassment consumed me. Without even thinking, I immediately gave him a series of 90-degree bows.

“Oh my God. Sorry. Sorry. I’m so sorry.” I blurted as I constantly bowed my head. The shame I felt was immense that suddenly the ground seemed so captivating. My eyes were fixed on the floor. I waited for him to give an angry retort or just turn his back and leave. But to my surprise, he didn’t. Instead, he bent his trunk a few degrees downward and laid his index finger on top of my head. The contact sent electricity throughout my body. He lifted it gently so that our faces were on the same level and were a few inches apart.

I couldn’t help it. My heart hasn’t beaten that fast since I watched my favourite boy band’s concert and actually got to high-five them. My heart felt like it was about to burst from the variety of emotions I tried to contain. That definitely was the first time my face was so close to a boy. Well, except for my bestfriend. 

Back then, when I was just a child, I would always play a game with him wherein we will look at each other’s eyes, our heads a few inches apart and tried our best not to blink. If you blink first, you lose. And the penalty would always be buying ice cream for the winner. But that doesn’t count. We were kids just playing a silly game and he was just my bestfriend. This, right here, is completely different.

With his innocent and at the same time confused gaze looking straight to my eyes, I felt my blood rush up and accumulate on my cheeks. I was certain I looked like a tomato. My breathing was short but rapid. I was practically hyperventilating. Sweat ran down my neck and palms uncontrollably. I couldn’t move.

I was lost in his glistening eyes. 

Who are you? What have you done to me?

I didn’t know what he was thinking but he suddenly gave me the cutest smirk that I have ever seen in my entire existence. The confusion on his face was shortly replaced with an amused look. It might be too cliché to say this but my heart skipped a beat and I almost thought time stood still.

Almost.

The electricity was short-lived for he abruptly removed his index finger that rested on my forehead. I didn’t realize that I actually depended part of my weight on his finger, that when it was gone, I toppled slightly and it was more than enough to bring me b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter