Chapter 1 "Jinxed"

Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"JINXED"

 

 

With my eyes closed, I deeply breathed in a large chunk of sultry air. The smell of the sun-kissed grass oozed into my nostrils. The gentle breeze brushed my flesh and my braided hair followed its course. I listened to “Rain” as I sketch the picturesque view displayed right before my eyes. Which lead me to slowly drift towards a peculiar dimension. A dimension for my privy thoughts. A dimension where nothing is of value except for the pencil and paper that I am holding. Nothing could be more perfect than this. I just feel at peace.

Happy.

Euphoric, even.

I tilted my head up and reveled in the rays of the sun that hit my flesh so delicately. 

Aaaah. This is what I call, LIFE. I thought and beamed from ear to ear.

Plop. I sluggishly opened my left eye and traced the liquid that traveled on my left cheek. Then, plop, another one hit my nose. That’s when I realized that the once bright sky suddenly became gloomy. The cold rain dropped one by one on my face and some crept all the way to my arms making me quiver from the contact. 

Crap.

I wasted no time and shoved all of my stuff inside my bag and retreated to a willow tree nearby.

Ugh. Yes. This is really the LIFE. Just when I was in the zone that’s when everything gets ruined.

I glared at the dark sky and mumbled random cuss words that I can think of as if it was a person. Worse thing is, the tree didn’t gave me enough shade to save me from getting dank from the drizzle. A few seconds later it was no longer a drizzle and the rain just got heavier. I desperately tried to cover my head with my bag but realized everything inside it would be wet since it was made of a khaki material.

“Damn it!” I exclaimed.

I took my phone out from the pocket of my ripped jeans and in a snap, another explicit word escaped my mouth.

“What the actual ?! That bastard!” I seethed.

Seeing the photo on my lockscreen made me roll my eyes with disdain. If it was even possible, I swear I looked like fire was coming out of my nostrils. It was a picture of me sleeping with my mouth wide open. Even the trace of dried saliva was visible thanks to the overly high resolution phone camera of the 21st century. There was no doubt in my mind who the culprit was.

“He’ll pay for this. I swear to God, he will.” I murmured with my teeth clenched as well as my fist.

I got distracted by the rage that washed through me that I forgot the reason why I opened my phone in the first place. After a lot of effort, I finally remembered why and checked the time. I must not have heard the bell when it rang because I was wearing my earphones. It was already forty-five minutes after seven and I was fifteen minutes late for my class.

“Ugh. I’m frickin’ late and my classroom just had to be all the way to Olympus.” I whined to myself.

“BEST DAY EVER.” The amount of sarcasm on my tone was immeasurable.

I hesitated a bit before deciding to just go for it. I dashed off under the pouring rain and just imagined myself running in a movie while getting chased by an army of zombies.

“I can do this. I can do this. I’m a ninja.” I chanted to myself like it would help me run faster.

it. I don’t even give a anymore. Well, better late than never. I mean what more can go wrong, right?

That was a question that I don’t even want to know what the answer is. It was already my sixth time being late for my class and knowing that I couldn’t get off of this one, I just prepared myself for what has yet to come.

I panted and halted from time to time; placed my hands on my chest and felt my heart beat as fast as a train engine. The way the strong wind accompanied by the rain left a burning sensation as it slapped my cheeks. It stung a little but it was sort of addicting. I was soaking wet that I can’t even distinguish if it was because of the rain or just my sweat from too much running. Times like this makes me think of various reasons why I hate this University. They just had to separate all the buildings and didn’t even bother to build a passageway to connect them. Fortunately, I can now see the facade of the building where my room is located and a relieved sigh left my mouth.

 

 

Great. I look hideous. One hideous sea monster. 

Water from my hair dripped on the floor, my high-cut sneakers were soak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter