Fiction me, My love

Fiction me, My love

 

 

 

This won't be the last... ?

 

 

 

“He loved me at my worst, you had me at my best, but you took it all for granted…”

 

Luhan sniffed, eyes nonstop dropping off fat tears as he let his teeth bite the hard neck line if his sweater. This can’t be! Why? It feels like someone punched him in the gut and squeezed his heart before tearing it wide open for cupid to evilly infest it with the world’s unified teenage angst. It was painful, too much painful for Luhan to handle.

 

“… And you still chose to break my heart.” Luhan said it along with the actor in the movie playing in his laptop. Gosh, why is this movie filled with so much drama? He choked a sob, hand crawling to grab the tissue box lying on the floor. Luhan pulled some and wiped his tears, eyes not leaving the great drama unfolding.

 

“Ugh, why is Kim Jaejoong so convincing here? Ugh! Yunho! Why are you acting like a freaking douche?” Luhan whined, kicking the comforter off of his bed with a series of choked why, this is so sad, ugh I can’t do this anymore. He had this attitude of absorbing the dramas and emotions acted upon on a certain film and this affects his brain cells and mental state, as specified by Minseok, which results to some grave actions that puts his life in a 50/50 chance of survival.

 

One time, the line “Yeah, friends. We’re friends, Minho. We’re just friends.” in the movie Friends directed by Shindong had Kim Minseok, with the half-hearted help of Kim Jongin, unlatch the knife away from Luhan’s hand in attempt of reenacting the same scene where the character Taemin is about to commit suicide because of his love frustrations with Minho. It was so heart breaking that Luhan rushed to his kitchen, bawling and snotting, to pick the chef’s knife resting in the cutlery drawer.

 

“We’re friends! We’re just friends!” Luhan shrieked, knife’s sharp edge pointing to Minseok and Jongin.

 

“Lu! Drop that thing!” Minseok tried to coax him into dropping the knife that will possibly hurt him in a minute because he’s clumsy. Jongin on the other hand, recited the lines monotonously that made Luhan toss the knife carelessly into the air to hug him because that’s what Taemin did after Minho’s “You thought we’re friends… But for me, we’re more than that.”

 

Good thing is that Luhan finished this certain movie without doing something borderline crazy, his two best friends are not in the vicinity to save his . Thank god.  He just… rolled on his bed and made himself a human burrito until his mind drifts back to those painful years of love massacre he had suffered. Proposals. He’s had quite a number of it.

 

Lucky, isn’t he?

 

No.

 

Hahahaha. Not even the slightest. Let me laugh. Hahahaha!

 

So why is Luhan unlucky despite having the proposals every man, woman, gay, bi, lesbian in the world dreamt of served to him in a silver platter?

 

Well…

 

He was seventeen back then when this guy,

 

 

 

 

 

 

“LUHAAAAAAN!”

 

“LUHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!”

 

The said male shuffled on his seat, blinking the sleep away as he raised his arm to wipe the remaining drool from the edge of his chin with the sleeves of his sweater. Ew, gross. He blinked again, both hands slapping his cheeks awake. It was one of the afternoons where he took the chance of burying himself behind the tall piles of textbooks and hardbound science dictionaries that no one would even flutter a lash to stop by and read. The library is the only place where he can find serene silence, solitude, a place to think, and a place to hide from—

 

“Lu,” the tall junior came bouncing down beside Luhan as soon as the latter sat up to compose himself. “Lu~” he whined, lips jutting out for a pout.

 

“Channie, we’re inside the library,” Luhan chided. Good thing the library assistant was snoring loudly somewhere and there are only a few students actually interested in using the school library. What? The place shouts boring, right?

 

“But Lu~” the junior lunged at Luhan, long arms shamelessly latching itself around the smaller’s frame. Park Chanyeol, Luhan’s history class seatmate slash friend slash man of his wet dreams is a major cuddler. If there is someone Luhan has to hide for, it is Park Chanyeol because the guy doesn’t have personal space in his dictionary and it troubles Luhan so much—he might have some unwanted boners around Chanyeol—and Luhan doesn’t want any of that to happen.

 

“Chan—yeol—can’t,” he pushed Chanyeol’s face away because it’s too close for his comfort “—can’t breathe!” the taller just sounded like a wounded puppy when he loosens his hold a bit but rubbed his cheeks against Luhan’s hair nonetheless. The older huffed in defeat and carded his fingers through Chanyeol’s too fried hair. “Lu~ I missed you.”

 

Luhan bit back his smile/giggle. “I missed you too,” even though they saw each other an hour ago.

 

“You know, Lu… I really can’t live without you.” Luhan’s stomach did some weird back flip and a complete 360 spin at that. He blushes hard and damn, he’s lucky Chanyeol is buried into the crook of his neck to see him red in the face. Sigh. Chanyeol was talking about the exam earlier, he somewhat subtly showed Chanyeol his answers thus making the taller junior pass their exam. Luhan is Chanyeol’s life savior.

 

“I know.” Luhan hummed. Ah, that feeling when your freaking crush is getting intimate with you. Priceless. No matter how he hides from Chanyeol, he’ll still find him at the very end of the day. They’ll end up cuddling with some smooch on the cheeks because Chanyeol is like a man-child who loves giving kisses. Minseok says they look like a couple, Luhan wishes it’s true because if Chanyeol asks him the magic question, he’s ready to spread wide open for the taller to conquer him. If you know what I mean.

 

But that was freaking impossible because 17 year old Luhan cried that same night because of Park Chanyeol.

 

“Anyway, Lu. I need to tell you something.” Chanyeol pulled away and cupped Luhan’s cheeks with his oversized warm hands. Ah, it feels so good against Luhan’s skin. But wait. Tell him something? Like… like what Luhan is thinking right now? Because he was certain that he had seen this scene in a movie.

 

Luhan gasps. “W-What is it?” blush.

 

Chanyeol bit his lower lip and oh god Luhan wanted to run his tongue over that soft plush petal. There was a silence as Chanyeol locked his eyes against Luhan’s. “I,” he hesitated at first, chewing his lips “I like you…”

 

Luhan is so sure that his heart was thundering against his heart. OMG. This is so… Oh gosh. This is. I cannot. This is the… Oh my, Luhan is lost for words because Chanyeol just said—

 

“I like you so much like a small brother. Please, Lu… help me out with Kyungsoo.”

 

That was his first proposal-not-a-proposal-but-he-still-consider-it-as-a-proposal kind of proposal. Also, his first heartbreak.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The name Park Chanyeol started it all.

Minseok laughed at him for the next three months to the point where he couldn't even breathe because Luhan was so naive, it was freaking hilarious. What great friends. They laugh at you even when you’re at your worst. Good thing Jongin was there to—well, Jongin was there to monotonously tell Luhan that he’s still young and the right one for him is still somewhere out there, Minseok agrees to that before laughing once again at Luhan’s misery.

 

But that was almost three years ago because Luhan is now in college at twenty.

 

At twenty, Luhan is still single with no one approaching him for a date. It was so frustrating because he considers himself somewhat good-looking yet no one is interested in him. I mean, who wouldn’t tap that ? It was freaking round and perky! Yummier than Minseok’s!

 

.

..

…?

 

No one believes me? Oh. Okay. Anyway, at twenty, Luhan started obsessing over these online stories about a boy loving another boy and watching movies on the internet. At twenty, Luhan is still waiting for the right one to come and he sees the right one in the body of his literature partner, Kris Wu.

 

Kris Wu is Chinese. Kris Wu is tall, taller than Chanyeol. Kris Wu is handsome, oh god why did the Creator make him this perfect? Kris Wu is so charming and so nice. Kris Wu is the perfect embodiment of everything Luhan wants his Mr. Right to be. Kris Wu. Kris Wu. Kris Wu. And Kris Wu just invited Luhan over for a dinner—

 

“Yes, we’ll discuss the project tonight. I’ll cook for us, don’t worry, Luhan-ah.” Kris smiled his famous smile that has Luhan drooling over his stolen picture every night.

 

Luhan blushed and bit the insides of his cheeks. Luhan can’t help himself but to thump his feet on the wood floor like an overly excited rabbit while watching Kris’s handsome back swaying as the tall blonde mixed the spices in the pan. Gosh, this is bad. Luhan is starving more for Kris than the pasta he’s preparing. Gosh, who to blame? Blame Kris’ tall figure, broad shoulders, buff biceps with a scorpion tattoo making him ten times hotter, and his jutted —damn, Luhan hit the jackpot!

 

He’d seen this on TV! Like how the timid boy has been asked to spend time inside the hot boy’s place with a school project as an excuse and then they’ll end up doing some subtle signals and then they’ll make out on the couch which will eventually escalate to a hot wild night of ! “Geeeeeee!” the thought of Kris pumping some elongated pink rubber plastic artificial inside his hole had Luhan squealing while vibrating on his seat. Oh gosh, this is too much for his heart but the way Kris turned his back to check up on him was even ier than in his dreams. The biceps. Guys. Think of the biceps!

 

“You okay?” Kris furrowed his brow, biceps constricting as he moved. Luhan stopped himself from gasping and clasping his hand to his mouth to muffle a squeal because this is just so… hot. He just stuttered a small squeaky yes.

 

“Oh, okay. Can you wait for a little more, Luhan-ah? I’m nearly done.”

 

Luhan sniffed. “Of course.” He managed to even smile.

 

As soon as the food was done, Luhan attempted to help Kris in preparing the plates but the taller beat him to it, muttering things like Luhan is a guest so he should just sit there and wait for Kris to serve him the food, which is in Luhan’s understanding is equivalent to Jagiya~, wait for me to feed you. Just sit there and look pretty for me, okay? I’ll reward you later.

 

As Kris started to arrange the table and Luhan excused himself to the bathroom. He needs to fix his face, the BB Cream is starting to cake, he needs to look fresher. After dinner, things might get down to what he’s wishing since the day he met Kris and he won’t have the luxury to look pretty anymore.

 

When he returned, Kris was already sitting on his allocated seat, the one beside Luhan. The smaller sat down and gave Kris a tentative smile even though he really wanted to showcase his mega-watt illuminating teeth. The Chinese blonde nodded to him and glanced at his watch, Luhan saw his brows twitch a little.

 

The sound of the wooden chair startled Luhan and in a second, Kris was already on his knees. On his knees, bending down to pick up something from his pocket. One thing crossed Luhan’s mind.

 

“OH. MY. GOD. FREAKING YES!!”

 

“…”

 

“YES!!”

 

“Huh…?”

 

The look on Kris’ face drained all the blood inside Luhan’s body. He was looking up at Luhan incredulously giving off the confused vibe. What? What? What?

 

“What are you doing Lu?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Oh.”

 

“W-what are you doing, Kris?”

 

“Oh, fixing my shoelace. It’s a bit loose.”

 

Luhan gulps and in a count of three, he ran away with Kris shouting about the pasta.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan swore that the Kris incident will be the last. Minseok, being a good friend he is, laughed at him (again) over a cup of coffee. Jongin allowed Luhan to cry on his chest, wetting his new Supreme shirt in the process and monotonously told him “Don’t give up, your perfect someone is just out there somewhere.” (again) The tan male petted him until he calmed down.

 

Minseok seconded, “The one is just out there somewhere ready to sweep you off your feet, Lu. Just wait.” He said this before bursting into another peel of laughter. Nothing’s freaking funny!

 

That thing was like over two years ago, Luhan was now twenty two and still single. Minseok? That ing , Luhan seethed when Kris and Minseok showed one night holding hands and giggling to each other. Luhan choked Minseok that night, “You traitor! You traitor!” he yelled in repeat but after an hour he demanded Minseok and Kris to spill their love story like an over excited puppy waiting for his dog food.

 

And sadly, it all (their love story) started because of Luhan crying over Kris and Minseok, acting like a protective bestfriend he is, punched Kris even if he’s twice his size but then Kris fell in love with Minseok’s bun face on the spot and boom! They started to date, just like that.

 

Luhan was happy for them, at least one of them is happily taken. He and Jongin are wallowing over their status—well, only Luhan because Jongin is… is too cold hearted and stoic to know what love is.

 

So again, the third proposal Luhan got was with the dancer Oh Sehun. It wasn’t like those of Chanyeol and Kris. Luhan didn’t assume it this time. It was like, uhm… spur of the moment? It was a bit complicated because Luhan and Sehun are complete strangers to each other.

 

It was when Luhan was chilling out at two in the morning. He couldn't sleep that night because finally, he graduated from the hell hole called college and during his alone time, a tall, lanky, pale faced man/boy approached him.

 

At first, Luhan thought he was a kidnapper, a murderer and a all in one because his face says it all, he was wearing all black. But when he sat down beside Luhan and asked him if he could help him, the boy got Luhan’s interest.

 

“Stranger. Can you help me?”

 

“Uhhh? Y-yes?”

 

The boy sighed and grabbed Luhan’s hands. The Chinese jerked at the sudden invasion of space. He tried to get his hands back but the boy’s grip is too tight.

 

“H-hey—“

 

“Baekhyun.”

 

Luhan snorted at the name. “Baek, I’ve been meaning to tell you this.”

 

“Oh… are you proposing?” Luhan asked. The boy growled at him, slapping his hand. “Shut up will you? I’m trying to concentrate here!” he exaggeratedly said with a roll of his eyes.

 

“O-okay! Go on. Carry on! C-continue.”

 

The boy, who eventually introduced himself as Oh Sehun, snorted grumpily at Luhan. He cleared his throat and started over once again.

 

“Baek,” Sehun said softly, eyes looking into Luhan’s eyes and just then, the Chinese blushed because actually, Sehun is good looking, almost as handsome as Chanyeol and Kris and Luhan has a weak spot for good looking boys. “Baekhyun hyung. We’ve been friends for so long, and I’ve been with you through your ups and downs. I’ve been there when Tao hurt you, and I’ve seen it when Yixing left you. Baekhyun hyung, I know you’re not yet ready to fall in love or to enter a relationship. I know you’re still hurt and you’re still in the process of moving on. I know you only see me as an obnoxious brat, as your dongsaeng. But I like you, hyung. Ever since. I might even be in love with you.” He sighed. “I am not asking you to like me back, or to love me back. I am not asking you to return my feelings right away. I just wanted you to know,” Sehun closes his eyes to inhale some air. When he opens his eyes, Luhan bit down his blush because Sehun is looking at him with all the love and utmost care. “I just wanted you to know that I’m always here, I will always be here beside you. I will wait for you when you’re ready.

 

When they walked away to their respective ways, Luhan realized that there are some who struggle for love, he’s not the only one. For that, Luhan smiled before drifting to sleep, silently wishing for Oh Sehun good luck.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan, as a writer, stays inside his house almost everyday, trying to think up ideas to write or just lazying around watching chickflicks and heavy love dramas. He doesn’t go out even if Minseok bugs him to come out of his cave. Well, Jongin was there to keep him alive because Miseok is too busy with Kris. He was too busy getting his flat ed by Kris!

 

He didn’t plan to venture on the path of becoming a writer, in fact, he wasn't even dreaming of becoming one, yet all his stories and hopes about love can only be channeled through writing and it helps him release all his inner angst. It was a good thing, he gets to write books and the pay is nice. He’s happy with the life he has right now.

 

But.

 

Okay.

 

There’s a but.

 

But, another additional to his list of unfortunate love story was added when Kim Jongdae, his editor invited him over for a date. Or was it a date? Luhan calls it a date so we’ll go for the date.

 

So who is this Kim Jongdae?

 

Aside from being his editor, Jongdae is handsome with his feline features, he is bright, he is cheerful, Jongdae is… Luhan’s type. Yes. Yes. He stated before that Chanyeol is the man he wanted to be with in the future and then there came Kris who banged his world with his oozing hotness and scorpion tattoo. Jongdae isn’t as tall as Chanyeol and Kris or as handsome as the stranger, Oh Sehun, but he is so charming and he has a nice voice that it had Luhan’s heart captured in a snap.

 

Sitting across Jongdae inside a fine dining restaurant has Luhan feeling the familiar stomach churning and sweaty palms. He even stuttered when Jongdae asked him about his food choice when the waiter arrived with the menu book. In the end, the editor ordered the food for them.

 

After some silent 30 minutes of eating a complete dinner, Jongdae reached for something inside his coat and Luhan gripped the hem of his pastel colored polo shirt when he realized what it is.

 

Jongdae was grinning from ear to ear as he opened the small red box revealing a platinum ring resting on a black velvet cushion. Oh my god. One year of friendship. They aren’t even together yet! Luhan had been giving off signals and Jongdae loves skinships. Isn’t this a bit… fast? He’s already proposing to Luhan!

 

“Jongdae-ah…” Luhan shook his head slowly, lips trapped between his teeth. He can hear the wedding bells! The wedding bells!

 

The editor smiled and reached for Luhan’s hand on top of the table. Warm hand wrapped itself on top of his and slowly thumbed his knuckles. Jongdae slowly raised the box to a certain level Luhan could see the platinum band glistening under the lights. Oh my! Luhan’s feet is vibrating under the table.

 

“Luhan-hyung.”

 

“Y-yes?”

 

Damn, he didn’t know Jongdae is this cheesy!

 

“Luhan-hyung…” he started softly “JOONMYEON PROPOSED TO ME!! HE WANTED ME TO MARRY HIM!” then he burst out loud enough that Luhan had to cringe for his sorry ears.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was February 14 today and Luhan calls it Independence Day. The day bitter singles stay inside their humble adobe, trying to dig a hole where they could hide themselves away from the population of cheesy couples kissing because it’s the freaking day of love and cheesiness.

 

He can’t just call Minseok to accompany him for today, Kris has plans for them. He isn’t some cold hearted bitter dude who wants to ruin someone’s Valentines Day just so he wouldn’t feel lonely. Besides, Minseok had been talking about this day since January. (Though the idea of sabotaging their first Valentines together crossed Luhan’s mind a couple of times.)

 

However on the bright side, a message came by then and saved him from his misery.

 

y Jonginnie~ says:
Minseok hyung asked me to take you out.
9:47am

 

 

Yes. At last. Kim Jongin is there to help.

 

 

--
there will be an EPILOGUE. this is not the end of this.
prepare humans. HAHAHA
sorry for the lousy story and the very late update. taedaebae is currently facing a lot of global issues. HAHAHA
do comment okay? let me ask you... what do you think will happen next?